Highlands 65 Scott 54

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard lead Scott in scoring & rebounding with 12 & 11 respectively. Also had a couple of nice blocks. I'd say he was a factor, but that's just my opinion.

How many points did he have in the first 3 to 4 minutes of the game? I will say at least 6 or 8, so yes he was a nonfactor after that time IMO.

Do you know why vories didn't start?

Guilty by association on a classroom prank..he is as straight laced as you can get but glad to see Willie doesnt discriminate. Apparently the NAIA school that was there was trying to convince him that D2 too big a step for him... I completely disagree. Add 15 pounds to his frame and he is a top D2 guard.

As was mentioned earlier, Vories and Simpson did not start the game. The substitutions had nothing to do with finding combinations IMO, rather they were done in an attempt to wear Scott out since they only play 6 players. Overall Highlands played very well. The Howard kid for Scott was a virtual nonfactor after the first 3 minutes of the game. As has been the case in most games that I have seen, there was no answer for Jeff Vories. Did see Bezold from NKU at this game. I would certainly hope that he is giving Vories a look.

Vories would fit in with NKU style of play.... definitely.

Not a good day to be benched when the colleges are there to see you.

He wasnt benched, he just didnt start. He is a good kid , only didnt start I am sure because it was one teacher supporting another, a simple technicality. Word from a reliable source is that the D2 schools are really starting to come out and watch. Hanover (NAIA)was a school mentioned there last night. I think 19 second half points was plenty to see. I am sure they will be there on Tuesday night at HHS when the Dogs come to town.

Who is to say that he was benched? Maybe he was absent from school the day before and missed practice. That is between the coach and the player.

Did he start the game on the bench?(BTW, that's rhetorical)

BTW, no stones being cast here against the young man. We've all done silly things that get us on the wrong side of the decision makers. Hardly cause for concern.

Vories came out during the first five minutes of the 2nd half and was playing with Scott, he could when he wanted, and his first step and cross over were lethal, I think he had 12 or 13 in the 3rd Q, and did you see the around the world pass assist in the fourth, this kid truly has fun playing th game and is a competitor

:lol: :lol:

Vories came out during the first five minutes of the 2nd half and was playing with Scott, he could when he wanted, and his first step and cross over were lethal, I think he had 12 or 13 in the 3rd Q, and did you see the around the world pass assist in the fourth, this kid truly has fun playing th game and is a competitor

That's the difference between Jeffrey and his dad, no way Mike would have passed the ball in the paint. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside, the Birds are for real !! They have been playing a solid 8 deep and I believe could even go deeper.

It is the same group from last year just another year of experience......

:lol: :lol:

That's the difference between Jeffrey and his dad, no way Mike would have passed the ball in the paint. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside, the Birds are for real !! They have been playing a solid 8 deep and I believe could even go deeper.

It is the same group from last year just another year of experience......

True, this is the year... if they cant get to Rupp this year they may have to wait a while. I don't see any jr's getting any playing time at all, the JV it looks like got waxed by the Scott JV.... I don't know what the Frosh class looks like but If I am willie, I may go with McGraw/Simpson jrs next yr and try to mix in some Soph's....take their lumps and get the experience.

True, this is the year... if they cant get to Rupp this year they may have to wait a while. I don't see any jr's getting any playing time at all, the JV it looks like got waxed by the Scott JV.... I don't know what the Frosh class looks like but If I am willie, I may go with McGraw/Simpson jrs next yr and try to mix in some Soph's....take their lumps and get the experience.

Hard to predict future success off of JV results. Scott plays mostly Jr.'s on the JV. McGraw & Simpson look like a good place to start a foundation for the next couple of years.

the JV it looks like got waxed by the Scott JV....

I don't know if you saw any of the JV game against Scott but it may be the worst officiated game i have ever seen.......We should have lost by maybe 6 at the most. The officials clearly were new or never officiated before...two times a scott player was tied up for a jump or turned the ball over and the refs called a time out for them. They missed two traveling on the inbounds pass and at thye end of the game we let the ball roll out so time could expire - both coaches were walking to shake hands and they blew their whistle to stop the clock with .3 seconds on the clock, granted our jv isn't great, but we will have simpson back next year and mcgraw, not to mention good size in Wise and Kruse

the JV it looks like got waxed by the Scott JV....

I don't know if you saw any of the JV game against Scott but it may be the worst officiated game i have ever seen.......We should have lost by maybe 6 at the most. The officials clearly were new or never officiated before...two times a scott player was tied up for a jump or turned the ball over and the refs called a time out for them. They missed two traveling on the inbounds pass and at thye end of the game we let the ball roll out so time could expire - both coaches were walking to shake hands and they blew their whistle to stop the clock with .3 seconds on the clock, granted our jv isn't great, but we will have simpson back next year and mcgraw, not to mention good size in Wise and Kruse

A 10th region JV game with bad officials. Can't imagine that! ;):rolleyes: