Highlands 65 Scott 54

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the JV it looks like got waxed by the Scott JV....

I don't know if you saw any of the JV game against Scott but it may be the worst officiated game i have ever seen.......We should have lost by maybe 6 at the most. The officials clearly were new or never officiated before...two times a scott player was tied up for a jump or turned the ball over and the refs called a time out for them. They missed two traveling on the inbounds pass and at thye end of the game we let the ball roll out so time could expire - both coaches were walking to shake hands and they blew their whistle to stop the clock with .3 seconds on the clock, granted our jv isn't great, but we will have simpson back next year and mcgraw, not to mention good size in Wise and Kruse

I see your point.... officiating can dictate a score... however, I was not too impressed with the HHS JV when I saw them against NCC earlier this year... great defenders but offense really lacks..... however, with Mcgraw and simpson back next year... they can definitely provide the scoring and the Big JV guys they have this year can simply be role players next yr I guess. They may be okay but I thought they didnt really seem to have a "go to" guy on the JV squad..just a bunch of big athletic kids each taking a turn firing em up....But who am I to judge... I hope they do well....

Taking a step is not a violation on a throw-in on a spot throw-in.

I could be wrong, but I believe you get a 3ft. space to move when inbounding on a dead ball situation. If there is an offical out here, maybe they can explain it better than me.

I could be wrong, but I believe you get a 3ft. space to move when inbounding on a dead ball situation. If there is an offical out here, maybe they can explain it better than me.

You are 100% correct. The thrower has a 3 foot wide box that he can move in. There is no pivot foot and, thus, there is no traveling on a throw in.