Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Rule Question

Featured Replies

What does failing have to do with anything?

 

I would think it does. Since the wording say "promoted from grade 8." If you fail 8th grade you wouldn't be promoted so , as I understand it, your 4-yr clock wouldn't start.

Be careful. Once a school "promotes" or "passes an 8th grader the 4-year clock starts. So if Johnny passes 8th grade but the parent decides to hold him back his first year of his 4 would be that repeated 8th grade year. Scott County people can tell you about this. A kid named Rodney Haddix was promoted but his parents had him repeat the 8th grade at a different school. His KHSAA eligibility ran out after his 11th grade year and he was forced to go to a prep school in Las Vegas.

 

I remember this story fairly well. Such irony reading Lexington Catholic's arguments about upholding the integrity of the transfer and enrollment processes. :rolleyes:

I would think it does. Since the wording say "promoted from grade 8." If you fail 8th grade you wouldn't be promoted so , as I understand it, your 4-yr clock wouldn't start.

I think the wording is clear when it says repeating a grade for any reason. Failure would simply be under that umbrella. But I agree with your understanding. I am curious if/how the language will change with the decision to allow the KHSAA to govern middle school sports also.

Clyde is right on with his posts. I actually had a conversation with a parent about this today.

KHSAA now says you cannot repeat 7th or 8th grade and play the second year, meaning you cannot play middle school either.

 

 

How they are going to enforce this, I have no clue.

KHSAA now says you cannot repeat 7th or 8th grade and play the second year, meaning you cannot play middle school either.

 

 

How they are going to enforce this, I have no clue.

 

That starts in 14-15.

KHSAA now says you cannot repeat 7th or 8th grade and play the second year, meaning you cannot play middle school either.

 

 

How they are going to enforce this, I have no clue.

 

They won't be able to do it. Heck they can't even enforce the rules with high schools much less at the middle school level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.