The New Head Coach at Henderson is......

It's a good hire. He will do a good job. I just hope that he opens the offense up a little. He is a Defensive guy so i'm guessing he is going to hire an OC and give him total control of the O.

What did Rietz run?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if there were underlying reasons as to why Coach Lewis left Reitz? It seems like he is giving up years towards his retirement to come coach and teach in KY. That tells me he is going to be here for a while if his teaching years don't carry over. It just seems weird to me and maybe I am overanalyzing the hire. He did good things at Reitz and he just up and leaves for KY? And he was putting feelers out as well? I wish him all the best at Henderson County. It seems they lucked into a great hire from the outside looking in. It just seems like something is missing from the story. Or like I said, maybe I am overanalyzing and he just really wants to be somewhere with less pressure.

Anyone know if there were underlying reasons as to why Coach Lewis left Reitz? It seems like he is giving up years towards his retirement to come coach and teach in KY. That tells me he is going to be here for a while if his teaching years don't carry over. It just seems weird to me and maybe I am overanalyzing the hire. He did good things at Reitz and he just up and leaves for KY? And he was putting feelers out as well? I wish him all the best at Henderson County. It seems they lucked into a great hire from the outside looking in. It just seems like something is missing from the story. Or like I said, maybe I am overanalyzing and he just really wants to be somewhere with less pressure.
i believe there were mixed feelings on him with the Reitz faithful. From what I'm hearing he wasn't getting the support he probably should have considering he did win a state title. I don't think he had a ton of years in for retirement so not an issue.

i believe there were mixed feelings on him with the Reitz faithful. From what I'm hearing he wasn't getting the support he probably should have considering he did win a state title. I don't think he had a ton of years in for retirement so not an issue.

Okay. That does make more sense. I don't think I'll ever understand the mob mentality of not supporting a coach who is considered by outsiders to be a successful coach. That mentality is why I tend to side more with coaches than the parents/fans when 'issues' come up.

Thanks for the info. I hope he enjoys Henderson County much better than Evansville.

Okay. That does make more sense. I don't think I'll ever understand the mob mentality of not supporting a coach who is considered by outsiders to be a successful coach. That mentality is why I tend to side more with coaches than the parents/fans when 'issues' come up.

Thanks for the info. I hope he enjoys Henderson County much better than Evansville.

I tend to agree with you. I've seen exactly what your saying happen.

What is the enrollment at HC? At one time they were the largest Public in KY if I recall correctly.

I would imagine this new hire will do very well with the talent pool.

Sometimes at big schools it is not a bad thing to bring in an "I didnt see this hire coming" kinda guy to get a program back on top especially if they have been there before. JMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The last four seasons I had a relative on the Evansville Central Bears, so I have only seen half of Henderson's games. I always watch the Reitz games with both teams. Some years I have watched Reitz play 3 times.

I believe Henderson should have beaten Reitz at least 2 of the last three years. Clevenger's teams at Henderson start the season slow. His teams were usually better in middle of season. Reitz with there tradition is usually strong out of the gate and very much in superior shape compared to most teams in the area. Henderson would have won those games later in the year. I think three years ago the cols had a two touchdown lead in the second half. Two years ago the cols lost in overtime with many second string players playing because of cramps and pulls. Heck, the cols had 8 players out on defense at one point. That doesn't happen later in the season. Last year Reitz was plus 4 in turnovers and barely won.

I guess what I am saying is the legend of Reitz and their 4 wins in a row over Henderson has tons of context. Reitz has had a complete drop in talent since winning state that continued last season. Outside of 4 or 5 players, they have not been very good. That title team would have absolutely smoked last years team. In my opinion Lewis is a great coach not for the title but for what he did with very little talent the last few years. He has beaten teams he should not have beaten. This is a very touchy subject and many of their fans are living in fantasy land. That might be a reason for Lewis to leave.

The other reason is a comment Lewis had about how he looked across the field and saw all that talent. Henderson has better talent than Reitz currently. I have thought that for a few years. And Henderson is not a train wreck with discipline issues either, so it is easy to see why that wood be appealing.

I think Clevenger was the right coach to get the program back and Lewis is the right coach to take the cols to the next level..... I expect them to beat Reitz by at least 14 points.