March 24, 201313 yr Surely to goodness the final play was not drawn up for their worst offensive player to shoot it, right?
March 24, 201313 yr Author Surely to goodness the final play was not drawn up for their worst offensive player to shoot it, right? I can't imagine it was, but I don't know what they were trying to do with it. Either someone flubbed that up or it was just a poorly designed play.
March 24, 201313 yr Great game...very physical...looked like a final with the intensity of all on the floor!
March 24, 201313 yr Final. Butler had some terrible final possessions. They also got a very bad call that led to Marquette taking the lead with about a minute to go. The Butler player got a clean rebound and an official with a poor view called over the back, which seent Marquette to the line for the go ahead 2 points.
March 24, 201313 yr Author They also got a very bad call that led to Marquette taking the lead with about a minute to go. The Butler player got a clean rebound and an official with a poor view called over the back, which seent Marquette to the line for the go ahead 2 points. In real time I thought it was a foul. On the replay I agree with you.
March 24, 201313 yr They also got a very bad call that led to Marquette taking the lead with about a minute to go. The Butler player got a clean rebound and an official with a poor view called over the back, which seent Marquette to the line for the go ahead 2 points. That was indeed a rough call. I watched the replay a few times and the ONLY way I MIGHT agree is if he said the lower arm SLIGHTLY shoved the player in front of him. Maybe.
March 24, 201313 yr This game would be great for a Clyde workshop. It was all here--flagrant 1 versus flagrant 2, offensive and defensive goal tending, and the "player space" argument.
March 24, 201313 yr That was indeed a rough call. I watched the replay a few times and the ONLY way I MIGHT agree is if he said the lower arm SLIGHTLY shoved the player in front of him. Maybe. The ref on the baseline on the other side of the goal made the call, with another official in perfect position to make a call that didn't blow his whistle. No chance that he saw anything, he just anticipated the call, which officials tend to do way too often...
March 24, 201313 yr Surely to goodness the final play was not drawn up for their worst offensive player to shoot it, right? By no means their best 3 point shooter, but he is their second leading scorer on the season.
March 24, 201313 yr Author By no means their best 3 point shooter, but he is their second leading scorer on the season. I haven't watched much Butler, so I'll take your word for it. What year is that Smith kid?
March 24, 201313 yr By no means their best 3 point shooter, but he is their second leading scorer on the season. He is dreadful offensively. He HAS to be set up for easy buckets or he isn't scoring. Hell, he couldn't even make a move without falling down.
March 24, 201313 yr Smith is a SR. Averages 1.5 3 pt attempts per game. Shoots 29%. Can't dribble. He's not the guy who should EVER touch the ball unless he was supposed to swing it quickly.
March 24, 201313 yr Smith is a SR. Averages 1.5 3 pt attempts per game. Shoots 29%. Can't dribble. He's not the guy who should EVER touch the ball unless he was supposed to swing it quickly. I know what you meant, was just pointing out that in actual offensive production, he was second only to Rotnei Clarke.
March 24, 201313 yr I know what you meant, was just pointing out that in actual offensive production, he was second only to Rotnei Clarke. So we agree that he has no ball skills that would cause you to say "let's have him take it from 22 feet?"
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.