Track Louisville Baseball

swamprat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd help out our devoted archivist Swamprat on this one since I just happened to be reading this information. He already noted that the Cardinals will be up in Queens for a three game set at St. John's but here's the more detailed information since there will be a TV crew present this weekend:

Friday, April 19: 6 p.m. to air on ESPN3.

Saturday, April 20: 2:30 p.m. to air on CBS College Sports Network

Sunday, April 21: 12:00 p.m. to air on ESPN3.

That OK. I want you guys involved.

I don't really follow college baseball at all outside Louisville and follow Louisville only passively as an alumnus and fan of the university in general. I have yet to attend a game this season and don't know when I will. That's really why I don't post much in here.

I don't really want to bother going through the records, but it seems like Louisville and Kentucky have split the season series for many years running now. Anyone know if that's true?

Louisville has won 3 of the last 4. That's about all I know.

Both are solid, but it's cyclical.

For many programs, this rule results in a cycle. Year one is the "rebuilding year," where you load up with as much young talent as you can find and throw them directly into the fire. Year two is the "moving year," where the young talent is now experienced enough to compete at an elite level, but still prone to the occasional growing pains. Year three, as Cardinal coach Dan McDonnell has referred to it in the past, "is when you take your shot."

The 2013 season is looking like Louisville's shot.

I think Kentucky is a school on year two, if I'm not mistaken.

From my limited knowledge of college baseball, teams save their best pitchers for conference play. Both programs seem to be pretty solid.

Correct. The schedule is 4 games a week. One weekday game, usually always non-conference, and a 3 game weekend series. This time of year, most coaches have settled on a general 4 game rotation of their starters, but are still developing a 5th starter for the conference and national tournaments, where you need a 5 man rotation because of the quick turnaround.