Newport Central Catholic 52 Conner 49

Looks like Conner's weak schedule is coming back to bite them.

I have to laugh when people talk about "weak" schedules...if Conner's schedule was weak then what does it say about Boone & NCC since Conner played & beat both teams earlier in the season?? If the schedule is full of 9th Region teams, there is no such thing as "weak" schedule!!! Conner has struggled lately, but teams can't safely look past them or assume they are done. The 9th Region has teams that appear to be front runners but any team can be beaten on any given day!! I've seen teams starting 5 talented seniors predicted to win big wind up getting slaughtered by a team of unknown sophomores that had the game of their life!!! That is why this is the best part of basketball season!!!

Congrats to NCC on the win tonight & to the young lady who will never forget making the winning last second shot for her team!!! What an awesome moment for her & her teammates!!!

Sorry but this is a ridiculous comment. Conner schedule is as difficult as most everyone else in the 9th Region.

I'm not the first person to question or reference their strength of schedule. Read some other Conner threads and you will see it.

Congrats to NCC on a tough, physical win tonight. Who really gives a **** on strength of schedule this time of year. 20+ wins is impressive for any team. Please don't let the schedule take away from either team tonight. Both NCC and Conner needed a win before district play, but a last second shot won it for NCC. Could have gone either way, but NCC came out with an awesome finish. Great game for both teams! If you want to pound your chest and say "I told you so" then fine, but not sure how that takes away from a good regular season.

Wow, can't believe I'm sounding like "one of those defensive parents," but oh well..... Haha!

I'm not the first person to question or reference their strength of schedule. Read some other Conner threads and you will see it.

Please tell us who you wanted Conner to play maybe next year you and all the others can get together go to the ad and put games together to suit your liking. This time of year you can be 0-30 because a new season starts tues

You are correct you also said this in the NDA game thread as well. For the record NDA and Conner had 13 Common opponents on their schedule which is just over half of NDA's games. IF you are going to make that statement back it up and add some substance.

Please tell us who you wanted Conner to play maybe next year you and all the others can get together go to the ad and put games together to suit your liking. This time of year you can be 0-30 because a new season starts tues

AMEN!!!!!!!! Preach on!

Congrats to the Breds on this big last second victory tonight...this win may help them on the road through Highlands during Districts. Good luck to Coach Stamm and the Lady Cougars, have no doubts Coach will have his team ready to claw its way through the District Tourney.