Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region pre season top 10

Featured Replies

Highlands could jump up in the rankings if what I am hearing is correct about a young frosh pitcher from Dixie possibly transferring.

 

Are we talking the Spencer girl? I know her dad is a Highlands grad. If so this would be extremely good for the Birds and definitely throws a "wrench" in things for the red colonels.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally Butts is one of the best pitchers in NKY. St. Henry graduated quite a few last year so it will be interesting to see how they will do this year and what they have returning. Butts, Kramer and Dietz are there core returners from last year and are all three solid players to build the team around.

 

While Dixie is young they should be very good. They have a very nice sophomore class and freshman pitcher Spencer returning. They are young but they should be solid.

 

I agree with your top four. All four teams should be pretty solid. When was the last time a team other than a Boone County team won the region?

 

I would include St. Henry in the best of the rest just because of Butts and Kramer. Both very good athletes and both can pitch. However, it will depend on what else they have to go with them, but that is a good start.

 

Thanks for pointing out this "glaring" omission on my part. They were supposed to be included, can't believe I forgot them.

Are we talking the Spencer girl?

 

She MUST be good.

Are we talking the Spencer girl? I know her dad is a Highlands grad. If so this would be extremely good for the Birds and definitely throws a "wrench" in things for the red colonels.

 

Very interesting. Must be true as I no longer see her listed on Dixie's roster. This would definitely change the rankings. Can anyone confirm if she has in fact transferred to Highlands? If so I would assume there would be no issues with eligability since she is just a freshman this year.

 

Also, was curious if the family moved to Ft. Thomas. As I recall I thought that Highlands was no longer excepting out of district students.

They also have a Sophmore pitcher transferring in from Nicholasville, who is a pretty good pitcher.

 

 

 

Highlands could jump up in the rankings if what I am hearing is correct about a young frosh pitcher from Dixie possibly transferring.
They also have a Sophmore pitcher transferring in from Nicholasville, who is a pretty good pitcher.

 

So Highlands has two pitchers transferring in this year and they had a pitcher transfer in last year too, didn't they? I guess the one last year wasn't good enough? :idunno: I'm sure the new coach and the rest of the team are very excited to hear this.

It seems that the Spencer-to-Highlands transfer is now a done deal.

Very interesting. Must be true as I no longer see her listed on Dixie's roster. This would definitely change the rankings. Can anyone confirm if she has in fact transferred to Highlands? If so I would assume there would be no issues with eligability since she is just a freshman this year.

 

Also, was curious if the family moved to Ft. Thomas. As I recall I thought that Highlands was no longer excepting out of district students.

 

According to my source it's a done deal. As fas as the family moving to the Fort.......:idunno:

 

Seems logical that if she was going to go anywhere that Highlands would be it considering her dad is a Highlands grad and she played summer ball with quite a few of the Highlands girls. This is definitely a "game changer"!!!

Seems Mr. Coffey is learning from the Master! :banana:

 

Sorry I couldn't resist

It seems that the Spencer-to-Highlands transfer is now a done deal.

 

Thanks Clyde. You and LB must know people in high places from Highlands. But again I ask the question, does anyone know if they are moving to Ft. Thomas? Because if they are not I thought Highlands had a policy for this year that they are not accepting out of district students. Just curious how that works in this case. Not questioning her eligability at all, becasue being a freshman and not playing any other varsity sports at Dixie, she should definitely be eligable. I wish her nothing but the best and a successful high school career.

Thanks Clyde. You and LB must know people in high places from Highlands. But again I ask the question, does anyone know if they are moving to Ft. Thomas? Because if they are not I thought Highlands had a policy for this year that they are not accepting out of district students. Just curious how that works in this case. Not questioning her eligability at all, becasue being a freshman and not playing any other varsity sports at Dixie, she should definitely be eligable. I wish her nothing but the best and a successful high school career.

 

:sssh: There is always an exception to the rule.

Come now. Its not like she plays football.

Is the Spencer girl's dad Matt - class of '84?

yep.

Seems Mr. Coffey is learning from the Master! :banana:

 

Sorry I couldn't resist

 

 

Is there a Toyota plant under construction in Ft. Thomas??:lol:

Edited by 719

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.