Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ky. officials say executions can resume...

Featured Replies

No.

 

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

 

I'm not either. Yet I'm ok with the death penalty. Sounds contradictory but I guess I go with the old eye for an eye thoery.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My view on this has changed somewhat over the years. I was 100% for the DP, but if I was faced with that decision today if I was sitting on a jury I think I would be very conflicted. There are some cases that I believe do deserve the DP, the case in Knoxville where the boy and girl out on a date were both raped and then brutally murdered comes to mind. You murder a police officer in the line of duty, then I am behind the DP. In most cases though I can support life in prison.

 

The level of evidence presented at sentencing, which is sometimes quite different than what is presented during the trial, would have to be 100% rock solid for me to support the DP.

I'm not either. Yet I'm ok with the death penalty. Sounds contradictory but I guess I go with the old eye for an eye thoery.

 

I hope you don't call yourself "pro-life."

I hope you don't call yourself "pro-life."

 

:lol: Why do you care what someone calls themselves?

:lol: Why do you care what someone calls themselves?

 

Because they're not being honest with themselves.

Because they're not being honest with themselves.

 

I agree with that statement. I am anti abortion, pro death penalty, and pro consequences. I believe the innocent, such as unborn children, should be protected and the guilty should be punished. I have never been able to grasp how someone would want to spare a convicted killer, but murder an unborn child. It has always confused me.

Because they're not being honest with themselves.

 

I agree with that statement. I am anti abortion, pro death penalty, and pro consequences. I believe the innocent, such as unborn children, should be protected and the guilty should be punished. I have never been able to grasp how someone would want to spare a convicted killer, but murder an unborn child. It has always confused me.

 

I agree as well. I am pro-life. I want abortion and the death penalty to both be brought to an end.

Pro abortion?

 

Not many people will admit to being pro abortion, it's pro choice in order to give them an out.

Because they're not being honest with themselves.

 

How about pro choice people being against the death penalty?

I guess I'm the oddball. I'm pro-choice and in practice anti-death penalty.

 

Actually I think that's fairly common, as is being pro DP and anti abortion.

I hope you don't call yourself "pro-life."

 

Nope. Plain spoken pretty much Covered my thoughts. Once saw a great bumper sticker against abortion.

" if it's not a baby, than you are not pregnant"

How about pro choice people being against the death penalty?

 

Those who call themselves "pro-life" aren't being honest with themselves when they say they are supporters of capital punishment because, well, that would make them pro-death.

 

That conundrum is not present in the pro-choice/anti-death penalty camp because they have not staked out a position in the same manner as the "pro-life" crowd has, and not backed themselves into a corner by redefining words.

Not a fan of DP. IMO I think it would be worse to sit in jail for the rest of my life. I don't think it's our job to judge who lives and who dies. I don't have a lot of faith in 12 of my peers.

Those who call themselves "pro-life" aren't being honest with themselves when they say they are supporters of capital punishment because, well, that would make them pro-death.

 

That conundrum is not present in the pro-choice/anti-death penalty camp because they have not staked out a position in the same manner as the "pro-life" crowd has, and not backed themselves into a corner by redefining words.

 

You're trying to split hairs Jim. The pro choice camp most certainly has staked out a position, to allow a life to be ended if the mother so chooses. They can try to wash their hands of it by saying they're just allowing the mother to choose. That doesn't work. They're redefining life, not words. I think that is much worse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.