Best Frosh in NKY

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the actual freshman league it has to be Jake Ohmer 8th grade guard for Scott. Everything starts with him. Tyler Bezold for HC is a great player too.

In all fairness to Ohmer if you are including 8th graders you have to go with Cole Von Handorf at Villa. Von Handorf is getting it done at the varsity level as opposed to the freshmen league.

In all fairness to Ohmer if you are including 8th graders you have to go with Cole Von Handorf at Villa. Von Handorf is getting it done at the varsity level as opposed to the freshmen league.

He plays at Villa. Not really a power house school. If he was playing at Cov Cath where he is going next year he would just be playing freshman.(If they allowed it.)

All fine athletes with bright futures. But I remember 2 years ago witnessing a frosh named Hatton score his 1,000th varsity point. None of these kids have that type of talent.

True for now but let's see how tall Williams, Weyer, and Wilson wind up being. If any of these wind up 6'8" or taller things could change rapidly. Makes me wish my last name began with a "w".

He plays at Villa. Not really a power house school. If he was playing at Cov Cath where he is going next year he would just be playing freshman.(If they allowed it.)

Doesn't matter where the kid plays he is a really good player and while Villa might not be a "powerhouse" playing their varsity schedule is still significantly more difficult than playing strictly at the frosh level.

Had CCH allowed 8th graders to play this year Cole would have gotten varsity minutes.

Doesn't matter where the kid plays he is a really good player and while Villa might not be a "powerhouse" playing their varsity schedule is still significantly more difficult than playing strictly at the frosh level.

I understand that but when he is the only player on the team who has played organized b-ball before he is the one taking most of the shots. He would be a stand out freshman player at CCH. Could compete possibly at there JV level but no way would he survive at the varsity level.