Game of Thrones: Season 3

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week's episode was pretty lame. I caught the preview for this week and it looked like some big scenes are coming up.

I love talking about the show, but I can't talk to people who've read the books. They are always dropping hints. :lol2:

Last week's episode was pretty lame. I caught the preview for this week and it looked like some big scenes are coming up.

I love talking about the show, but I can't talk to people who've read the books. They are always dropping hints. :lol2:

Do you plan to read them?

I have about 10 people who watch the show that haven't read the books. Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal to not to have read the books. The show has done a great job getting key plots out. Last nights episode was a great reason why. The section with Dany was beautifully done. The only part would be internal thinking on the characters. The whole part with the nights watch and Crastor was easier to read in the books because of internal dialog.

Is there anyone who watches the show who thinks there is a better show on tv right now?

This show and Walking Dead are my two guilty pleasures on TV. I hold both of them in equal esteem!

Is there anyone who watches the show who thinks there is a better show on tv right now?

I think Mad Men and Breaking Bad are both a step beyond right now. I hear that a lot of people think very highly of Homeland as well, but I don't have Showtime and haven't seen it. I'm also going to submit that Parks & Recreation and Louie are two comedies that could easily be talked about as the top shows on TV.

There are a couple things going on right now that I have absolutely no recollection of from the books so I'm curious to see how they turn out. Of course, I haven't read them in quite some time and I've still yet to read the fifth book.

I think Mad Men and Breaking Bad are both a step beyond right now. I hear that a lot of people think very highly of Homeland as well, but I don't have Showtime and haven't seen it. I'm also going to submit that Parks & Recreation and Louie are two comedies that could easily be talked about as the top shows on TV.

With the way the beginning of this season of Mad Men went I'd say GoT is there with it. Homeland S1 was in the pantheon of great shows, although it slipped some in S2. Would definitely agree on Louie.

Personally I'd have Breaking Bad as a clear #1 with Mad Men, Justified, GoT, and Louie right there fighting for #2.

P.S. Not sure how to count the new season of Arrested Development, but the show as a whole is there with the best of them.

P.S.S. I've never watched Parks & Rec

P.S.S. I've never watched Parks & Rec

Best ensemble cast on television with outstanding writers behind them. It's everything The Office was at its best. It took them a full season to really get rolling, but over the last few years, it's been absolutely fantastic.

P.S. To this point, I've missed out on Justified.

Found out were gonna have to wait an extra week. After this week there will be a two week long waiting period. I believe I read HBO will not be airing SE3EP9 the week after. SO we are gonna have to wait for, well you book readers know :lol2:

I love having my friends tell me what they think is gonna happen with all the characters. Makes enjoying the show that much better...

SPOILER UNDER THIS

I am ready to drink some tears when the Red Wedding happens. I keep joking with my friends telling them about how Robb is gonna go crash the gates of Casterly Rock with the Freys at his side.

For those who've read the books, could I pick up Storm of Swords without having finished the first two?

I would say yes. There is some stuff that would have you confused a bit but you can wade through it. I would wait til this season ends. I know a lot of people who wont read the books because they love having no idea whats going on in the show. Like I said, wait til the season ends then decide for yourself.

I would say yes. There is some stuff that would have you confused a bit but you can wade through it. I would wait til this season ends. I know a lot of people who wont read the books because they love having no idea whats going on in the show. Like I said, wait til the season ends then decide for yourself.

I love talking about the show but it's almost impossible to talk about it with people who've read them. I'm halfway through the first one and since I know what happens it's been a low priority. I figure if I just jump into the third one I could catch up pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...