January 10, 201313 yr Final from Champaign. Tubby Smith's mustache has a pretty nice squad this year. Caught the last ten minutes or so & was very impressed.
January 10, 201313 yr Tubby's finally got a squad seemingly untroubled by injuries or off-the-court nonsense. *knocks on wood* That's a nice win heading toward a huge game Saturday in Bloomington.
January 10, 201313 yr ^ I hope they beat IU. I believe the B1G schedule works out to where they play a home-and-home this season.
January 10, 201313 yr Author I believe the B1G schedule works out to where they play a home-and-home this season. They might. Illinois makes a trip to Minnesota later this year.
January 10, 201313 yr Almost put on the Minnesota Gophers Hockey hat my uncle from Minnesota gave me to watch this one... then I remembered he thinks basketball is a waste of time designed for people who can't skate. :lol:
January 10, 201313 yr We laugh, but it's the strangest thing. The guy's had Gopher hockey season tickets for more than 20 years. Drives three hours from where he lives in Northern Minnesota to go to the games. ... I don't think he's ever set foot in the basketball arena. Lives in a town of less than 10,000 people; the rink where the high school team plays hockey holds nearly 5,000. It's just different in the State of Hockey.
January 10, 201313 yr Minnesota is easily one of the top 5 teams in the country. Heck, they may be playing better than anyone.
January 10, 201313 yr ^ Well, after this they play at Indiana then back home for Michigan. We'll find out soon enough.
January 10, 201313 yr We laugh, but it's the strangest thing. The guy's had Gopher hockey season tickets for more than 20 years. Drives three hours from where he lives in Northern Minnesota to go to the games. ... I don't think he's ever set foot in the basketball arena. Lives in a town of less than 10,000 people; the rink where the high school team plays hockey holds nearly 5,000. It's just different in the State of Hockey. It sure is, you know, there.
January 10, 201313 yr ^ Well, after this they play at Indiana then back home for Michigan. We'll find out soon enough. Yeah I fully expect them to let me down :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.