Bishop Brossart 59 Mason County 54

:DThe Lady 'Stangs battled back from a halftime deficit at the Fieldhouse at Mason County to defeat the Lady Royals of Mason County 59-54 Saturday afternoon. The Lady Royals had led 32-23 at the intermission, but a strong second half for Bishop Brossart enabled them to enter the Christmas Holiday with an 8-2 season record. Mason County falls to 6-3. They were coming off a big 7 point win over St. Henry this week.

Mason jumped out to a quick 17-9 lead after one and extended it to 32-23 at the half. Brossart stormed back with a 21-9 third quarter and a 15-13 edge in the fourth stanza despite missing some free throws at the end. It was the Lady 'Stangs best shooting game of the year as they hit on 23 of 45 from the floor for 51.1%. They held a slight 28-26 lead on the boards and had big advantages in point off turnovers (20-9), and points off the bench (27-11).

Junior Sarah Futscher led the Lady 'Stangs with 20 points and 8 rebounds. Junior Cori Ziegler had 11 points while juniors Morgan Verst and Abby Stadtmiller tossed in 10 each.

Mason led by as many as 15 at 30-15 in a game that saw 5 lead changes and the game tied 5 times.

McKenzie Butler led Mason County with 15 points.

This was a very ugly game. Yea Brossart fought there way back but I wasnt very impressed with the game at all! They both have a long way to go if there both gonna compete in the 10th region tourny.

The 10th is not strong outside of Montgomery County. Both of these teams will be in the mix to see who finishes second to the Lady Indians.

Guess BGH is back on the bandwagon after not posting anything about the loss to NCC. Pretty typical but we've all come to expect the "missing" summaries. Congratulations to the Lady Stangs for every game they play hard in, win or lose. They deserve a lot of credit for working hard to become the best team they can become. They represent their school very well. Wish there were others who would do the same.

Guess BGH is back on the bandwagon after not posting anything about the loss to NCC. Pretty typical but we've all come to expect the "missing" summaries. Congratulations to the Lady Stangs for every game they play hard in, win or lose. They deserve a lot of credit for working hard to become the best team they can become. They represent their school very well. Wish there were others who would do the same.

I hear ya! I love their program and their story! AND several of their players! But I get what you're sayin!

I agree with you Geez.... Its not that Brossart doesnt play hard every game but its all that talent they have and they seem to always have to fight back against teams they should beat more than they are. Just look at there schedule, the teams the should beat they struggle with at times and there two losses ( Highlands and NCC) that should be really good games they cant get past them. Dont just look at the final scores of the games cause in those two losses they were down BIG in both of them. If there gonna be a contender with all that talent they have to be able to go to the next level and put games away early and compete with the big schools cause when you get to the ALL A or the sweet 16 tourny you cant afford to play like that. You'll go home real quick! Hopefully they be ready for the ALL A and make a run in that tournament. All im saying is is that there not playing close to the level they should be playing. To many mistakes and to sloppy. You can get away with it against certain teams but not against teams like Highlands and NCC. That was proven.

The third quarter was a glimpse of where they can be. December basketball is about finding out what works and what doesn't along with experimenting with different combinations. Let's face it with high school girls who can EVER predict accurately who is going to show up? :)

I too am sometimes critical of the BGH, however it should be known that the night of the NewCath/Brossart girl's game the BigGreenHorse was fulfilling his duties at the boy's Brossart/Newport game at Brossart. So he does get a pass on this one.

And consider the source - some are completely unprofessional and do not realize that losses are not negative but just learning lessons and should be posted if they are posting wins. One may wonder why BGH doesn't post about BBHS boys games. Thinking the boys coach has restricted him from doing so.

Welcome to the sight Irish22. If that was a glimpse what they can do what about the glimpses of the other quarters when they had to fight back???? One or two good quarters isnt gonna beat really good teams. Correct me if im wrong but those players and coaches have been together for a while now and there still experimenting and trying to figure out combonations? How long does it take? I would assume the bugs wouldve been worked out by now????? Im not gonna go and make comments about the girls showing up. Thats just not the right thing to say. Dont blame them!

BGH is not the only one who goes silent after a loss. You guys who post the good, the bad, and the ugly are rare but appreciated.

I like to give an unbiased assessment so those that are not there know what went on. When I post about the bad/ugly it is by no means a knock on these high schoolers. At times I know I'm on my own fans "poop list".