Highlands 43 Cov. Cath 42 (Frosh in 2 OT)

Can anyone tell me why the "00" for CCH doesn't get to play more than what he does. A whole 40+ seconds. I've watched him play over the years and he can flat out shoot the lights out. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that CCH does not shoot a lot of three's. Because he's a very good three point shooter. Someone told me that they are required to pass at least like "10" times or something crazy like that or they will get yelled at. I saw quite a few open shots for three that CCH didn't take last night, but now I guess I know why. Oh by the way, "00", another Romes!

Can anyone tell me why the "00" for CCH doesn't get to play more than what he does. A whole 40+ seconds. I've watched him play over the years and he can flat out shoot the lights out. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that CCH does not shoot a lot of three's. Because he's a very good three point shooter. Someone told me that they are required to pass at least like "10" times or something crazy like that or they will get yelled at. I saw quite a few open shots for three that CCH didn't take last night, but now I guess I know why. Oh by the way, "00", another Romes!

As a rule, Coach Sorrell is much more conservative than Coach L and is not as aggressive with subs as Coach L.

As a rule, Coach Sorrell is much more conservative than Coach L and is not as aggressive with subs as Coach L.

You're not kidding. Shover(you can't blame the coach), Nutini, and Sanola(last 40 seconds) didn't come out of the entire game. They have what, 14 kids on the team. They played maybe 7 with any kind of significant time. What does that say for the rest of the boys. Thanks for coming. I don't know about the rest, but I do know Romes is a very good player and should be playing more than 40 seconds and/or more than just mop up duty.

He's been the best player on the court from about 3rd grade. Good handle. Penetrates well. Nice outside shot. He simply needs to get stronger and tighten up the ball handling. I watched a kid the other night do whatever he wanted in a JV game and then be completely stifled in the varsity game. Its a different level.

Sounds like a heckuva game to watch.

I've heard rumors both the JV and freshman tourney moving in the next couple years.

Keep in mind the Maile kid did not play since he is playing JV. That would surely make a difference in this game.

This is why you cannot simply look at the FROSH tourney winner and project down the road. CCH won the tourney two years ago without Jacobs or Bovard. However, Holmes didn't have Rice, Jefferson, or Edmondson.

FROSH ball should be about development and preparing for varsity instead of worrying about the tourney. Its too easy to not play a kid due to pursing victory and have that kid leave the program when he potentially could be a player.