Highlands 43 Cov. Cath 42 (Frosh in 2 OT)

Fresh ball is weird this year. HHS beat CCH. HC blows HHS away, and then CCH beat HC.
CCH defeated Dixie rather handily in their first matchup this season, but last week the Red Colonels gave the Blue all they could handle. CCH put on a triple teaming trap press in the last minute, creating the game winning tunrover with seven seconds left to finally take the lead. Dixie had a last second open 3-point attempt that rattled in and out.

Freshman ball is very competitive this year.

CCH always seems to lose a few close games every year in the regular season on the other teams floor, then they run away with the frosh title when its on their home floor. We'll see if this year is the same.

Sounds like a better game than when the 05 graduating class were FROSH and the final was 19-18. UGLY.

CCH always seems to lose a few close games every year in the regular season on the other teams floor, then they run away with the frosh title when its on their home floor. We'll see if this year is the same.

Having the home floor advantage in the championship game every year seems a bit unfair, doesn't it :confused: But, Cov Cath does a terrific job hosting the event. It is something kids aspire to... getting to play in the big game with the fog machine intro's and packed house. :dancingpa

someone...please...more game details !!

Great game by both teams. Either team could have won this game. Mitch hits a 3 to tie game in 1st ot.

Josh Conner with a couple lay up & hit free throws late to seal the game. It was a hard fought game. Neither team quit. Congrats to both teams.

Having the home floor advantage in the championship game every year seems a bit unfair, doesn't it :confused: But, Cov Cath does a terrific job hosting the event. It is something kids aspire to... getting to play in the big game with the fog machine intro's and packed house. :dancingpa

The way I have always understood, Covington Catholic is the only school willing to do the frosh tournament. They do a fine job, and I guess all of the other coaches are okay with it. I'm sure that Jack Kaelin & the others who put in long hours preparing for the tournament wouldn't mind having a season or two off.

The way I have always understood, Covington Catholic is the only school willing to do the frosh tournament. They do a fine job, and I guess all of the other coaches are okay with it. I'm sure that Jack Kaelin & the others who put in long hours preparing for the tournament wouldn't mind having a season or two off.

No. Ithink his name is Mitch Feir from HHs. Sorry, Not sure or the spelling of his lat name

Mitch Shover was the best player on the court. At times he might have pressed a little, but he is very smooth.

He's been the best player on the court from about 3rd grade. Good handle. Penetrates well. Nice outside shot. He simply needs to get stronger and tighten up the ball handling. I watched a kid the other night do whatever he wanted in a JV game and then be completely stifled in the varsity game. Its a different level.

Sounds like a heckuva game to watch.