Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#4 vs. #1 Week 1

Featured Replies

For the record only 1 (Male) out of 48 won a first round game this year.

 

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

Lower than usual. How many #3's won?

 

16 #3's won

Has a #3 or a #4 ever won the state title since going to six classes? What about when there were 4 classes? I would be VERY surprised if a 4 has ever won, and I have my doubts about a 3 ever winning. Even the "Super District" will probably never have the #4 strong enough to beat the #2 & the #1 from their own district on back-to-back weekends.

I have roots to Male and would hate to have seen them have not had their shot this year, but if you don't fare better in the district, then have a seat. First round is a joke.

Has a #3 or a #4 ever won the state title since going to six classes? What about when there were 4 classes? I would be VERY surprised if a 4 has ever won, and I have my doubts about a 3 ever winning. Even the "Super District" will probably never have the #4 strong enough to beat the #2 & the #1 from their own district on back-to-back weekends.

I have roots to Male and would hate to have seen them have not had their shot this year, but if you don't fare better in the district, then have a seat. First round is a joke.

 

I think Simon Kenton was a #4 when they lost to Trinity in the finals a few years back..

So, in all 17 lower seeded teams moved on. Anybody know what the average is?

I think Simon Kenton was a #4 when they lost to Trinity in the finals a few years back..

 

Correct, and beat Male to get there if memory serves me right.

I think Simon Kenton was a #4 when they lost to Trinity in the finals a few years back..

 

With all due respect there were a dozen teams better than SK on the other side of the bracket. It was the easiest game T had in the playoffs, so this example isn't that great - that is to say they had no real chance of winning the title, even if T had been upset in an earlier round.

Correct, and beat Male to get there if memory serves me right.

 

I think they were a #2... they were not in T's district obviously.

I think Bourbon County won a state title as a #4 several years ago when Dudley Hilton was the coach there.

16 #3's won

 

 

Thank you.

 

So 17 teams that many people say shouldn't be in the playoffs won their game.

Didn't PT do it in 2008 or 2009?

Thank you.

 

So 17 teams that many people say shouldn't be in the playoffs won their game.

Yes, and is why I said in the other threads that just allowing the #1 and#2 seeds in does nothing but garuntee you that the best teams aren't involved in the playoffs.
Yes, and is why I said in the other threads that just allowing the #1 and#2 seeds in does nothing but garuntee you that the best teams aren't involved in the playoffs.

 

Huh????

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.