Coach goes off after game

tsyoung7

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. If he's comfortable with making a jerk out of himself and showing his players that he cannot control himself then I am , too.

2. When did coaches start wearing t-shirts and gym shorts for games?

I know right? I dress up nicer than this when I'm coaching my U10 soccer team on the weekends. And I'm being serious :lol:

There was already a thread on this same video. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the other team not quitting at the end of the game, which led to some kind of miracle win in the final minute or something along those lines. This happened in like week 2 of the season I do believe.

There was already a thread on this same video. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the other team not quitting at the end of the game, which led to some kind of miracle win in the final minute or something along those lines. This happened in like week 2 of the season I do believe.

Appears to be from the North Bullit game at Campbellsville Unniversity.

link to story: Campbellsville University Athletics News

SATURDAY -- NORTH BULLITT 34, GREEN COUNTY 28

Green County High School and North Bullitt High School saved the best for last Saturday, winning the award for the most exciting game of the weekend. In what threatened to be another lopsided win by Green County early, North Bullitt burst out of the second half to make it a back-and-forth game, which the Eagles eventually pulled out, 34-28, as the final horn sounded.

North Bullitt running back Josh Exton and Green County's Evan Jaggers battled all night for the Offensive Player of the Game award. As fate would have it, Exton stripped Jaggers on the final play of the game, leading a 30-yard fumble return by Travis Downing for the winning score.

Exton started the night strong with a 43-yard touchdown run on the first play from scrimmage. Weston McDermott's pass to Dakota Westmoreland was good for the 2-point try and an 8-0 lead with only a few ticks off the clock.

Green County recovered a fumbled kickoff return at the Eagles' 17 and punched in its second touchdown around the left side by Elliott Taylor, who finished the game with 56 yards. With only 2:07 off the clock, the Dragons had a 14-0 lead.

North Bullitt answered quickly with a deep pass, followed by a touchdown run by Downing, who had 78 yards in the game. Mitchell Allen ran in the 2-point try to get on the board down, 14-8.

Green County took advantage of a turnover to punch in its next touchdown and a 20-8 lead. Brinkley Russell, the Defensive Player of the Game, had the sack and forced fumble – one of his two sacks in the game.

Exton broke a 45-yard touchdown run late in the second quarter to cut the lead to a touchdown, 20-14, before halftime.

Exton struck again in the second half, scoring on a game-tying 19-yard run, followed by a 2-point conversion for the Eagles' first lead of the night, 22-20. The run pushed Exton past 100 yards in the game en route to 193 yards on the ground.

North Bullitt was in striking distance in the final minute of the third quarter, but McDermitt picked off a pass at the 9.

Green regained its lead on a 44-yard run by Jaggers and pushed his rushing total past 150 for the night. However, Exton capped off his Offensive Player of the Game award with a 56-yard touchdown run to tie the game once again, 28-28 with 5:40 to go.

North Bullitt finished the game with 364 yards of offense to Green County's 285.

Green County (0-1) will travel to Marion County (0-1) next Friday night for the Pigskin Classic

So it's a tie game, Green County fumbles on the last play, NO returns it for the win.

Why was the coach honked off at NO's coach?

I want to say they were taking a knee and NB rushed the line and forced a fumble rather than just standing there and saying "good game." I think that's what was said in the other thread but I could be wrong.

I want to say they were taking a knee and NB rushed the line and forced a fumble rather than just standing there and saying "good game." I think that's what was said in the other thread but I could be wrong.

Coach Schiano (and I) see no problem with going after the ball on the last play.