Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Charles Walker (X)

Featured Replies

Through 5 games this season, Charles Walker has 681 yards rushing give or take on 80 carries with 9 or 10 touchdowns. 8.5 yd avg :clap:

I saw him last year against Trinity and was duly impressed.

Through 5 games this season, Charles Walker has 681 yards rushing give or take on 80 carries with 9 or 10 touchdowns. 8.5 yd avg :clap:

 

I'll take that a step farther... subtract the 17 carries, 205 yards gained against Fern Creek and Doss. That still leaves almost 500 yards in 3 games against BG, Dutch Fork and Moeller. That is impressive. He's the bright spot for sure in the Tiger offense. Central is pretty good against the run. It will be a challange for the St. X o-line this week to open holes (not that he needs very big ones).

  • Author
I'll take that a step farther... subtract the 17 carries, 205 yards gained against Fern Creek and Doss. That still leaves almost 500 yards in 3 games against BG, Dutch Fork and Moeller. That is impressive. He's the bright spot for sure in the Tiger offense. Central is pretty good against the run. It will be a challange for the St. X o-line this week to open holes (not that he needs very big ones).

 

Why should he have his numbers subtracted when JJ Jude didn't subtract his and he was playing below par competition or Ace didn't playing 3a; what about college when good running backs play fcs schools and rack up yardage? His carries were miniscule in those 2 games compared to the other 3. Can't blame him or discredit him for running hard.

  • Author
I saw him last year against Trinity and was duly impressed.

 

He is very good and has added size and speed since last year. I believe he will win Mr. Football

He is very good and has added size and speed since last year. I believe he will win Mr. Football

Not surprising---virtually all kids his age do.

Not only has Charles been extremely impressive, fellow juniors Austin Davis and Treyveon Percell have added power and speed to the offense. They are giving X quality play especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters of games against Durch Fork, BG and Moeller. This allows Charles to play in a slot which opens the offense even more. They are all distinct players and come playoffs they could be quite a force for teams to contend with.

 

I was still very impressed that X was able to control the 4th quarter against Moeller's size the other night by rushing 19 times in the final quarter alone. They are able to play stronger as the game goes on because the three of them are not being overused throughout a game. Take care of business this week!

Why should he have his numbers subtracted when JJ Jude didn't subtract his and he was playing below par competition or Ace didn't playing 3a; what about college when good running backs play fcs schools and rack up yardage? His carries were miniscule in those 2 games compared to the other 3. Can't blame him or discredit him for running hard.

 

 

I think his point in this case is that even against good competition he has put up good numbers and performed. Walker has been consistent for the Tigers all season and really stepped up for them when the competition was tough. Even though he still got the numbers against Doss and Fern Creek they don't have the same level of impact that the ones he got against the better teams did. Those numbers still count, but his numbers against good competition are what you really should be bragging on.

Sure would be nice if X put in a screen pass or bubble screen or something creative for him. I would love to see him catch the ball on a middle screen.

  • Author
Not only has Charles been extremely impressive, fellow juniors Austin Davis and Treyveon Percell have added power and speed to the offense. They are giving X quality play especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters of games against Durch Fork, BG and Moeller. This allows Charles to play in a slot which opens the offense even more. They are all distinct players and come playoffs they could be quite a force for teams to contend with.

 

I was still very impressed that X was able to control the 4th quarter against Moeller's size the other night by rushing 19 times in the final quarter alone. They are able to play stronger as the game goes on because the three of them are not being overused throughout a game. Take care of business this week!

 

Dont know if i could say this any better

  • Author
I think his point in this case is that even against good competition he has put up good numbers and performed. Walker has been consistent for the Tigers all season and really stepped up for them when the competition was tough. Even though he still got the numbers against Doss and Fern Creek they don't have the same level of impact that the ones he got against the better teams did. Those numbers still count, but his numbers against good competition are what you really should be bragging on.

 

I understand what he's saying but i was speaking on his overall play. Im bragging on all of it. JJ jude got to brag on his record so i can brag on Charles.

  • Author
Sure would be nice if X put in a screen pass or bubble screen or something creative for him. I would love to see him catch the ball on a middle screen.

 

X has bubble screens and regular screens as well. Its on the O coordinator to call the plays.

I understand what he's saying but i was speaking on his overall play. Im bragging on all of it. JJ jude got to brag on his record so i can brag on Charles.

 

 

 

He might have, but I will tell you that I looked at Anthony Wales' numbers with greater respect than those of Jude on account of the level of competition he played. Central plays a 6A schedule more or less as a 3A school until the playoffs so I would respect those numbers more than anything Jude put up.

Dont know if i could say this any better

 

Thanks for the kind words Avid. Actually, I listen to what the coaches say and just try to paraphrase.

  • Author
He might have, but I will tell you that I looked at Anthony Wales' numbers with greater respect than those of Jude on account of the level of competition he played. Central plays a 6A schedule more or less as a 3A school until the playoffs so I would respect those numbers more than anything Jude put up.

 

While they did face 6a opponents they also played cupcakes during the season in which he would rush for 300+ against teams like paducah tilgman and owensboro. But regardless both of their numbers held up, so Walker's shall as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.