Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

1. Mayfield at 5A #9 Graves County

2. Hazard at 2A #7 Lexington Christian

3. Frankfort vs. 3A Western Hills

4. Beechwood vs. 4A #2 Covington Catholic

5. Raceland vs. Portsmouth East (OH)

6. Russellville at 2A Todd County Central

7. Williamsburg at Oneida (TN)

8. Fairview vs. 3A Casey County

9. Kentucky Country Day at 5A Iroquois

10. Harlan at Lynn Camp

  • Author

Agree or Disagree?

The heart wants Bracken County in the Top 10... the head tells me that they're not quite there....probably not Top 15 yet.

I think Williamsburg should be 4th, Raceland 5th and Beechwood 6th. I'd have Fairview 7th and Russellville 8th. 9th and 10th are good.

I think Williamsburg should be 4th, Raceland 5th and Beechwood 6th. I'd have Fairview 7th and Russellville 8th. 9th and 10th are good.

 

Williamsburg can make a case to be ranked that high.

 

Raceland - the teams they have beaten are 1-10 on the season. I need to see more.

Top 10 Records of opponents played:

 

1. Mayfield .......... 10-6

2. Hazard ............. 4-1

3. Frankfort ...........8-8

4. Beechwood ........7-4

5. Raceland ...........5-10

6. Russellville .........8-8

7. Williamsburg .......4-11

8. Fairview.............2-10

9. Ky Country Day ...5-9

10. Harlan .............10-6

 

Based on that and how the teams have faired against the high quality opponents they have faced, here is my top 10:

 

1. Mayfield

2. Hazard

3. Frankfort

4. Beechwood

5. Russellville

6. Williamsburg

7. Raceland

8. Harlan

9. Fairview

10. Ky. Country Day

Top 10 Records of opponents played:

 

1. Mayfield .......... 10-6

2. Hazard ............. 4-1

3. Frankfort ...........8-8

4. Beechwood ........7-4

5. Raceland ...........5-10

6. Russellville .........8-8

7. Williamsburg .......4-11

8. Fairview.............2-10

9. Ky Country Day ...5-9

10. Harlan .............10-6

 

Based on that and how the teams have faired against the high quality opponents they have faced, here is my top 10:

 

1. Mayfield

2. Hazard

3. Frankfort

4. Beechwood

5. Russellville

6. Williamsburg

7. Raceland

8. Harlan

9. Fairview

10. Ky. Country Day

I can live with that argument. At least you are able to support it.

Top 10 Records of opponents played:

 

1. Mayfield .......... 10-6

2. Hazard ............. 4-1

3. Frankfort ...........8-8

4. Beechwood ........7-4

5. Raceland ...........5-10

6. Russellville .........8-8

7. Williamsburg .......4-11

8. Fairview.............2-10

9. Ky Country Day ...5-9

10. Harlan .............10-6

 

Based on that and how the teams have faired against the high quality opponents they have faced, here is my top 10:

 

1. Mayfield

2. Hazard

3. Frankfort

4. Beechwood

5. Russellville

6. Williamsburg

7. Raceland

8. Harlan

9. Fairview

10. Ky. Country Day

 

 

After calculating the winning percentage of the opponents I find this:

1. Hazard…………………………..80%

2. Beechwood……………………63%

3. Mayfield…………………………62%

4. Harlan………………..………..62%

5. Frankfort……………………….50%

6. Russellville…………………...50%

7. Kentucky Country Day...35%

8. Raceland…………………….…33%

9. Williamsburg………………...26%

10. Fairview……………………….16%

After calculating the winning percentage of the opponents I find this:

1. Hazard…………………………..80%

2. Beechwood……………………63%

3. Mayfield…………………………62%

4. Harlan………………..………..62%

5. Frankfort……………………….50%

6. Russellville…………………...50%

7. Kentucky Country Day...35%

8. Raceland…………………….…33%

9. Williamsburg………………...26%

10. Fairview……………………….16%

Well, for that matter we could get even more technical, and go to their opponents, (opponents) winning percentage.

Except Harlan counts Williamsburg in their opponents win percentage and Williamsburg beat them 36-0.

I think you can make a strong case for Williamsburg at #4 right now. The shallacking of a good Harlan team(36-0), a week after Harlan dismantled a pretty good Pikeville team. Harlan, 2 weeks later, plays LCA, a top 6 2a team down to the wire. I know you can't always compare scores, but, in state rankings, it's prevelent in just about everyones voting or perception. I believe in giving credit to teams who play a tougher schedule, but, if those teams get beat by 30+ points when they do, I don't neccessarily place them above a team who may have a better record playing a weaker schedule. I would then, tend to look at the recent history of teams over the weak/strong opponent comparison. Fairview/Raceland would be a good example.

I think you can make a strong case for Williamsburg at #4 right now. The shallacking of a good Harlan team(36-0), a week after Harlan dismantled a pretty good Pikeville team. Harlan, 2 weeks later, plays LCA, a top 6 2a team down to the wire. I know you can't always compare scores, but, in state rankings, it's prevelent in just about everyones voting or perception. I believe in giving credit to teams who play a tougher schedule, but, if those teams get beat by 30+ points when they do, I don't neccessarily place them above a team who may have a better record playing a weaker schedule. I would then, tend to look at the recent history of teams over the weak/strong opponent comparison. Fairview/Raceland would be a good example.

I can see all that. But what about the Raceland/Pikeville score if we are comparing scores. You said "Harlan dismantled a pretty good Pikeville team". Harlan beat Pikeville 41-21. Raceland beat Pikeville 54-14. Williamsburg didn't score that many on Harlan in a 36-0 win. Wouldn't that mode of thinking lead to a conclusion that Raceland was better then all three of those teams?

If you look at my previous post, I had Raceland ahead of Fairview and Harlan and alot of that was because of the Pikeville win. I wouldn't, however, give Raceland a higher rating, simply because they played a good Ashland team. I know they played with them for a half, but, that's why you play 4 qtrs. Had they been competitve on the final scoreboard, I would have given them a little more credit. I just used the Raceland/Fairview as a good example of why some would have Fairview higher and I wouldn't have much complaint. Matter of fact, I had Fairview higher up until this week.

If you look at my previous post, I had Raceland ahead of Fairview and Harlan and alot of that was because of the Pikeville win. I wouldn't, however, give Raceland a higher rating, simply because they played a good Ashland team. I know they played with them for a half, but, that's why you play 4 qtrs. Had they been competitve on the final scoreboard, I would have given them a little more credit. I just used the Raceland/Fairview as a good example of why some would have Fairview higher and I wouldn't have much complaint. Matter of fact, I had Fairview higher up until this week.

I got you. I misunderstood somewhat. But, to clarify on the Ashland game, and you may still see it as a negative, Ashland has only allowed more then 20 points in something like four regular season game in three years. Raceland scored 19 in the first half against them. Now, that is taking into account they play 3A, 4A, and 5A schools. That is worth something. But, I will be honest, the reason the second half was so lopsided was Raceland had 6 turnovers. The Ashland coaching staff have praised Raceland for that game because they knew without the turnovers it would have been a very close final. Again, Raceland didn't play the entire game and deserved to lose, not trying to turn it any other way, but it was a good game with margin of victory for Ashland at 21.

Edited by Ram

I see Williamsburg and Russellville as very close and just a notch behind Beechwood at this time. Here is how Maxpreps has it:

 

1. Mayfield

2. Hazard

3. Beechwood

4. Williamsburg

5. Frankfort

6. Raceland

7. Fairview

8. Russelville

9. Ky Country Day

10. Bethlehem

 

Massey has it:

 

1. Mayfield

2. Beechwood

3. Hazard

4. Frankfort

5. Raceland

6. Fairview

7. Williamsburg

8. Russelville

9. Ky Country Day

10. Nicholas County

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.