Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

I think Maxpreps is closer to right than Masseys.. Masseys gives too much credit for strength of schedule and less for actual results. There needs to be a little more balance somewhere. No way, at this point in time, would I have Beechwood ahead of Hazard or Frankfort or Williamsburg. The Holmes loss, although the final was 33-21 and looked respectable, was really not. Didn't Bwood score 2 really late TDs to make it look closer than what it actually was? Then, noone in NKy feels Holmes is even a Top 10 NKy team. That tell's me alot. Injuries are something that happens to all teams, some worse than others, but, imo, you rank teams based on what there current roster looks like and how those particular teams are playing now. Once players return and results improve, then so do there rankings.

I think Maxpreps is closer to right than Masseys.. Masseys gives too much credit for strength of schedule and less for actual results. There needs to be a little more balance somewhere. No way, at this point in time, would I have Beechwood ahead of Hazard or Frankfort or Williamsburg. The Holmes loss, although the final was 33-21 and looked respectable, was really not. Didn't Bwood score 2 really late TDs to make it look closer than what it actually was? Then, no one in NKy feels Holmes is even a Top 10 NKy team. That tell's me alot. Injuries are something that happens to all teams, some worse than others, but, imo, you rank teams based on what there current roster looks like and how those particular teams are playing now. Once players return and results improve, then so do there rankings.

 

 

And Holmes scored really late points also. It was a 7-7 game till Holmes scored just before halftime. Then Holmes scored a TD late in the 3rd quarter (versus a Beechwood defense made up of 7-8 JV players and 3-4 starters) to go up 20-7. That is pretty much a true picture of the game as both teams tacked on points in the 4th quarter. Of course, there are the injury issues that had a major impact in that game. If you look at the Simon Kenton game, Beechwood led most of the game. SK scored mid-late Q4 to take the lead, then Beechwood drove the ball 70 yards before fumbling on their last drive that would have given them a win over a 6A school that is 4-0 and annihilated Holmes. Compare Beechwood and Simon Kenton versus Holmes and you can see the impact the injuries had on Beechwood in the Holmes game. I would not use Beechwood / Holmes in trying to determine who Beechwood is.

And Holmes scored really late points also. It was a 7-7 game till Holmes scored just before halftime. Then Holmes scored a TD late in the 3rd quarter (versus a Beechwood defense made up of 7-8 JV players and 3-4 starters) to go up 20-7. That is pretty much a true picture of the game as both teams tacked on points in the 4th quarter. Of course, there are the injury issues that had a major impact in that game. If you look at the Simon Kenton game, Beechwood led most of the game. SK scored mid-late Q4 to take the lead, then Beechwood drove the ball 70 yards before fumbling on their last drive that would have given them a win over a 6A school that is 4-0 and annihilated Holmes. Compare Beechwood and Simon Kenton versus Holmes and you can see the impact the injuries had on Beechwood in the Holmes game. I would not use Beechwood / Holmes in trying to determine who Beechwood is.

 

Should I use the Cov Cath game?

Or just the games that make Beechwood look a little better and disregard the rest.

Agree or Disagree?

 

Agree but I might slide Russellville ahead of Raceland

 

And Holmes scored really late points also. It was a 7-7 game till Holmes scored just before halftime. Then Holmes scored a TD late in the 3rd quarter (versus a Beechwood defense made up of 7-8 JV players and 3-4 starters) to go up 20-7. That is pretty much a true picture of the game as both teams tacked on points in the 4th quarter. Of course, there are the injury issues that had a major impact in that game. If you look at the Simon Kenton game, Beechwood led most of the game. SK scored mid-late Q4 to take the lead, then Beechwood drove the ball 70 yards before fumbling on their last drive that would have given them a win over a 6A school that is 4-0 and annihilated Holmes. Compare Beechwood and Simon Kenton versus Holmes and you can see the impact the injuries had on Beechwood in the Holmes game. I would not use Beechwood / Holmes in trying to determine who Beechwood is.

 

 

Obviously, you are going to be more of a expert of Bw and NKY area than the rest of us not in that area. With several of those hurt kids back Bw smashed a so so HC team. So I can agree with throwing out Holmes now that some of those hurt guys are back but where does Bw fit in? I dont think anybody can really gage them until they have a couple of games under their belt with the hurt players being back

Should I use the Cov Cath game?

 

Or just the games that make Beechwood look a little better and disregard the rest.

 

You can use the Holmes game if you want. But look beyond the final score. I cut Mayfield some slack because of Jackson's issues in the opener and I definitely factor in his situation in evaluating last year's title game. It doesn't change the results but it helps me evaluate how good Mayfield is/was. Jonathon Jackson is at least a 14 point factor for Mayfield in any game he plays in. If he isn't out there and they lose, I take that in consideration when I evaluate Mayfield. The same should be done when looking at the Beechwood Holmes game.

You can use the Holmes game if you want. But look beyond the final score. I cut Mayfield some slack because of Jackson's issues in the opener and I definitely factor in his situation in evaluating last year's title game. It doesn't change the results but it helps me evaluate how good Mayfield is/was. Jonathon Jackson is at least a 14 point factor for Mayfield in any game he plays in. If he isn't out there and they lose, I take that in consideration when I evaluate Mayfield. The same should be done when looking at the Beechwood Holmes game.

 

I agree Jackson is a difference maker on both sides of the ball, but, imo, WCentral would have beaten them with a healthy Jackson. There depth and size started taking a toll in the 2nd half, before JJ started cramping up. I also think Hazard beats us last year with a healthy Jackson. Fact of the matter was, the Bwood/Mfd game was a very physical game and Scott was also banged up & there starting DT/C was out altogether and a couple of others played like they were just spent. I credit BWood for that loss about as much as I do Hazard. That's not to take away from anything Hazard did, because, they came out with more emotion, more desire, beat our tails in the trenches and basically just took it to us and won the game. No argument from me, but, that brutal semifinal had a whole lot to do with how Mayfield played, that's for sure.

 

In regard to your above post, I tend to agree with Toothpick. As players return, let's see how they're playing in a couple of games and go from there. By the time playoffs come around, it's alot easier to see who's gonna be in the hunt and who's not.

And that's why we play it on the field boys:rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.