Bishop Brossart 1 Newport Central Catholic 0

The Bishop Brossart Lady 'Stangs Girls Soccer team traveled to Morscher Field Wednesday night defeating The Lady Breds of Newport Central Catholic 1-0 in a shootout. It was the Lady 'Stangs second straight win over their rivals. The win enabled Brossart to advance in the All "A" Cup to play St. Henry in the Championship Saturday at St. Henry. Game time is 6 PM:D Congrats to Coach Brad Gough and the Lady 'Stangs :thumb:

The Bishop Brossart Lady 'Stangs Girls Soccer team traveled to Morscher Field Wednesday night defeating The Lady Breds of Newport Central Catholic 1-0 in a shootout. It was the Lady 'Stangs second straight win over their rivals. The win enabled Brossart to advance in the All "A" Cup to play St. Henry in the Championship Saturday at St. Henry. Game time is 6 PM:D Congrats to Coach Brad Gough and the Lady 'Stangs :thumb:

I always find it funny that the home team is farther away from their "home" field than the visitors are.

That's the shootout score. I assume this was a seeded district game that couldn't end in a tie? Assume it must have been 0-0 at the end of the 2nd 5 minute sudden victory overtime?

Krush, it was part of the All A Regional Tournament, so someone had to advance.

In the All "A" Soccer Cup if the game ends in a tie it automatically goes to a shootout. In District Seeded games the game goes to two overtime periods and then a shootout in all others unless it is agreed on it still ends in a tie. The 4-3 was referring to goals made in the shootout. Brossart made 4 including Allison Greely's winning one while NCC had 3. The regulation game ended with both goalies having shutouts.

NCC and Brossart are no longer in same District. The new 37th is Brossart, Calvary, Scott and campbell Co. for both girls and boys. NCC is now in a District with just Highlands for boys and maybe Bellevue with girls

Great defensive game by both teams. Not many good clean shoots on goal because of the defenders efforts at both ends but the few that did get shoots off were stop by very good keeper play. Shootouts are not a great way to decide a 80 min game but those are the rule.

Hope the Schabell Girl in not badly injuried but it did not look good. Please update if anyone knows.

Great defensive game by both teams. Not many good clean shoots on goal because of the defenders efforts at both ends but the few that did get shoots off were stop by very good keeper play. Shootouts are not a great way to decide a 80 min game but those are the rule.Hope the Schabell Girl in not badly injuried but it did not look good. Please update if anyone knows.

I completely agree. It takes a team sport and makes it into an individual sport IMO. Can't stand shootouts. I would rather see each team play without a goalie and the first to score wins.

I completely agree. It takes a team sport and makes it into an individual sport IMO. Can't stand shootouts. I would rather see each team play without a goalie and the first to score wins.
Ridiculous , There Should be a golden goal rule though

Maybe we could just have shootouts. We could play indoors. More offense, no rain. Above all else though, we need to eliminate the archaic offsides rule. Thats like taking out the wide receiver in football. Maybe we could do a reverse game where you can ONLY use your hands. Thoughts?