Cincinnati Is The Hot Dog King

Colonels_Wear_Blue

At just shy of twice as high a percentage of menu items that are hot dogs over the number two city, I can't imagine this is completely dominated by the fact that you can hardly drive four miles in any direction within the I-275 loop without coming across a chili parlor serving cheese coneys.

America's 50 top hot dog cities

Top 10

Ranked by percent of all menu items that are hot dogs

1 Cincinnati, Ohio 7.27%

2 Detroit, Mich. 3.70%

3 St. Louis, Mo. 3.02%

4 Memphis, Tenn. 1.98%

5 Oklahoma City, Okla. 1.74%

6 Columbus, Ohio 1.58%

7 Tulsa, Okla. 1.55%

8 Greensboro, N.C. 1.53%

9 Phoenix, Ariz. 1.42%

10 El Paso, Texas 1.41%

Vienna Beef?

I've been to The Come Back Inn. They have excellent food. The best Italian Beef sandwich this side of Chicago. But they don't do dogs.

The Come Back Inn is great. But these are the two I was thinking of for dogs...

On St. Matthews Avenue right next to Trinity High School is a small place called Lonnie's. It's owned by a family that came to Louisville right from the South Side. Serves Vienna Beef hot dogs, gyros, italian beef and other specialties. It's fantastic.

Chicago Gyros is on Brownsboro Road in the Clifton neighborhood. It specializes more in the gyros than anything else, but also serves the stuff listed above. Don't like it near as much as the atmosphere at Lonnie's.

On St. Matthews Avenue right next to Trinity High School is a small place called Lonnie's. It's owned by a family that came to Louisville right from the South Side. Serves Vienna Beef hot dogs, gyros, italian beef and other specialties. It's fantastic.

Chicago Gyros is on Brownsboro Road in the Clifton neighborhood. It specializes more in the gyros than anything else, but also serves the stuff listed above. Don't like it near as much as the atmosphere at Lonnie's.

Lonnies is great. Sucked when they shut the one down in the Highlands.

And I second the Come Back Inn love...

I'll be heading that way soon.

My brother and his wife just moved into that area recently, so I'll have to check this place out.