Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50 most successful programs in the last 50 years

Featured Replies

70-79 destroyed Duke.

 

 

I'd still take Jason Williams over Hurley. By a hair.

 

I'm loving seeing these 50 in 50 starting lineups. Kyle Macy at the point for UK. That's pretty cool. I like Kyle Macy. Tony Delk top 3 option off the bench.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe me, it's painful to make that argument. :lol:

 

I may be biased but I think it is a valid one. :D

 

 

I have no issue with the order of top 5 teams as long as UNC is #2.

Edited by PurplePride92
Came to my senses.

70-79 destroyed Duke.

 

For this particular deal, yes it did. But when I speak of 90's-Present, I think Duke is at the top.

For this particular deal, yes it did. But when I speak of 90's-Present, I think Duke is at the top.

 

Agreed. The formula backs that up as well.

The thing is, the huge title advantage doesn't give UCLA a big advantage as other rankings usually do, especially in light of a couple of droughts they had since that time. Look at it this way...UCLA gets a +175 over UK, Duke and UNC in the championships. However, they lose much, if not more back in runner-ups, Final 4 and Elite 8 losses.

 

Kentucky

  • Titles - 4x25=100
  • Runner-ups - 3x20=60
  • Final Four - 3x15=45
  • Elite Eight - 13x10=130
  • Total - 335

 

Duke

 

  • Titles - 4x25=100
  • Runner-ups - 6x20=120
  • Final Four - 5x15=75
  • Elite Eight - 2x10=20
  • Total - 315

 

UCLA

 

  • Titles - 11x25=275
  • Runner-ups - 1x20=20
  • Final Four - 4x15=60
  • Elite Eight - 3x10=30
  • Total - 385

 

North Carolina

 

  • Titles - 4x25=100
  • Runner-ups - 3x20=60
  • Final Four - 9x15=135
  • Elite Eight - 7x10=70
  • Total - 365

 

So, they have a big advantage in championships, but in tournament success over 50 years, the others close the gap considerably. And, with the titles only being 5 more points than the runner-ups, its not weighted to be a significant bump.

^ I wonder how many of those UK Elite 8's did I throw something at some point during the game.

  • Author

This is interesting though...

 

The Blue Devils have 13 first-round picks since 1986, the most of any team.

 

Umm...

 

1986 - Kenny Walker

1988 - Rex Chapman

1993 - Jamal Mashburn,

1996 - Antoine Walker, Tony Delk, Walter McCarty

1997 - Ron Mercer, Derek Anderson

1998 - Nazr Mohammed

1999 - Scott Padgett

2000 - Jamal Magloire

2002 - Tayshaun Prince

2006 - Rajon Rondo

2010 - John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Erik Bledsoe, Daniel Orton

2011 - Brandon Knight, (Enes Kanter)

2012 - Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrance Jones, Marquis Teague

 

What am I missing?

UNC is number #1.

 

 

Smh.....the formula is flawed.

5Wide is the man!!!

 

I was pretty close...9 points off on Duke, 2 off on IU. Missed Kansas by more. Obviously, I either vastly over-estimated their AA's, or missed some sanction deductions. The clean programs were easier. Kudos to Duke and UNC for that.

 

I never got around to U of L, but I wasn't surprised they were ahead of IU, in light of past success combined with the recent Pitino era. That's why I didn't put a number by the Hoosiers with their point total. Here's what doomed IU - bad seasons in the 1960's and in the 2000's, and conference championships. They only have 13 Big Ten championships and zero conference tournament titles. The conference tourny thing is partly due to the Big Ten not having one, which is a de facto penalty to all their teams, unless they had some way in their calculations to offset that. But, even if you gave them 3 more points for each conference title, it wouldn't matter. They just don't have the tournament success to match the top schools.

^ I wonder how many of those UK Elite 8's did I throw something at some point during the game.

 

I still remember getting highly upset (unusual for me) when Prickett did something late in the 97 championship game. Scared the family.

I still remember getting highly upset (unusual for me) when Prickett did something late in the 97 championship game. Scared the family.

 

I remember getting highly upset at Prickett on a frequent basis. :lol: Has there ever been a big man miss bunnies as frequently as he did?

As I posed above, I felt it was flawed when I saw Murray State ahead of WKU, and now I know it is with UNC above UCLA. It's just a joke to put so little additional weight on the NCAA titles, which is what it's supposed to be all about.

I remember getting highly upset at Prickett on a frequent basis. :lol: Has there ever been a big man miss bunnies as frequently as he did?

 

Are you talking about Jared "Brickett" as he was affectionately known around my house....:lol:

Are you talking about Jared "Brickett" as he was affectionately known around my house....:lol:

 

If I had an all-time least favorite UK team, Prickett would be on it. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.