The Who, Springsteen, Underwood (Who to see at KFC Yum?)

All In

Big time concerts coming up in Louisville this fall and winter,which would you dish your hard earned cash out for? Already got Underwood tickets, but if had known Springsteen was coming? Has anyone seen a concert or ballgame,etc, at KFC? How's the seating,parking,sound,etc.? Never been there,is it easy to get to,hotels close like it is at Rupp? thanks.

Big time concerts coming up in Louisville this fall and winter,which would you dish your hard earned cash out for? Already got Underwood tickets, but if had known Springsteen was coming? Has anyone seen a concert or ballgame,etc, at KFC? How's the seating,parking,sound,etc.? Never been there,is it easy to get to,hotels close like it is at Rupp? thanks.

It's a good venue. Never been for a concert, but I've been to several games.

There are lots of hotels within a few blocks of the arena. Take your pick there.

Parking is up for debate. I think it's not a problem, but I don't mind walking a few blocks before and after a game. If you want to park within a couple blocks, then you'll sit in traffic and it'll take some time getting out.

I was planning on going to The Who, but my plans changed when Springsteen announced this leg of his tour.

Ticketmaster only seems to have some 300 level seats available for that one. I'd hate to see what the prices are on the secondary market.

I've seen him a dozen plus times. Great show. Not sure I want to go see him in an election year though.

I've listened to most of the repeats of the shows on this tour on E-Street Radio and I haven't really heard him get too overly political.

A couple of days before the election, though, may be another story.

I've listened to most of the repeats of the shows on this tour on E-Street Radio and I haven't really heard him get too overly political.

A couple of days before the election, though, may be another story.

His music says it all. If you like his songs, you should be able to get through any commentary...It's not like you weren't just singing along with it. :D

Yea, I've never heard Springsteen add in his own commentary on the stage outside of the subject of his songs. Shouldn't be a concern. It's just a 3-4 hour spectacle that you won't want to end.

Yea, I've never heard Springsteen add in his own commentary on the stage outside of the subject of his songs. Shouldn't be a concern. It's just a 3-4 hour spectacle that you won't want to end.

You are SO right about that! He and the E-Street are by far the top concert I've ever seen, from start to finish. Quality from open to encore.

It's going to be hard for me to get to November, that's for sure...

At least I have the Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta (Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Avett Brothers, Florence + the Machine) next month to kind of get me through.

The YUM Center! is pretty cool.

I'll second what Getslow said about parking, too.

How are the upper arena seats? Are they 'back' seats or benches like Rupp? Have tickets for Underwood in Section 323, Row B, is that good seats view-wise if you have ever sit in upper? Thanks.

How are the upper arena seats? Are they 'back' seats or benches like Rupp? Have tickets for Underwood in Section 323, Row B, is that good seats view-wise if you have ever sit in upper? Thanks.

All the seats have backs. They're definitely up there, but I don't think they're all that bad for basketball. Certainly farther away than in the top seats at Freedom Hall, but two decks of suites will do that. The sight lines are still very good even if the distance isn't.

That said, if I remember right, 323 is right about mid-court for basketball which means you'll have a good view of the stage and won't be at the opposite end; and Row B puts you right in the front of it. I think you've got a pretty good spot.