3. Scott County 14-1

4. Butler 11-3

5. Manual 9-3

6. Ballard 5-7

7. Henderson County 9-4

8. Eastern 10-3

9. Pleasure Ridge Park 9-3

10. Male 4-8

Others receiving votes (in order of votes received): Lafayette, Boone County, Madison Central, Simon Kenton, Fern Creek, Bryan Station, Campbell County, Henry Clay.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120812/SPORTS05/308120083/Kentucky-high-school-football-coaches-polls?nclick_check=1

Clyde. We saw Boone in 7 on 7 tourneys and they have a good QB and some real good athletes. Also, they have Randy Moss's son joining the team. All that to be said, Tates creek handled them pretty easily in the 7 on 7s. Now, that doesn't take into consideration the O and D lines which Boone usually has some strength in. But I'm more inclined to think your assessment is closer to reality then 12th in state.

CLASS 6-A

Rank, team Record

1. Trinity (11) 14-0

2. St. Xavier 8-5

3. Scott County 14-1

4. Butler 11-3

5. Manual 9-3

6. Ballard 5-7

7. Henderson County 9-4

8. Eastern 10-3

9. Pleasure Ridge Park 9-3

10. Male 4-8

Others receiving votes (in order of votes received): Lafayette, Boone County, Madison Central, Simon Kenton, Fern Creek, Bryan Station, Campbell County, Henry Clay.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120812/SPORTS05/308120083/Kentucky-high-school-football-coaches-polls?nclick_check=1

Votes for SK, but not Ryle? I'm shocked! Also, Boone is traditionally a power, between the tackles, running team. I don't think 7 on 7 results would tell you very much. Boone has a very strong Sophmore class led by Moss, Bowling and Floyd. Expect them to have a very strong year. SK has a lot to prove coming off a 2 win season. I'm surprised they even received votes. Ryle should have also recieved some votes.

Clyde. We saw Boone in 7 on 7 tourneys and they have a good QB and some real good athletes. Also, they have Randy Moss's son joining the team. All that to be said, Tates creek handled them pretty easily in the 7 on 7s. Now, that doesn't take into consideration the O and D lines which Boone usually has some strength in. But I'm more inclined to think your assessment is closer to reality then 12th in state.

To be fair to Boone they are NEVER going to shine in 7-on-7s with a 3-play pass offense.

I heard the Boone coach and EKUs coach discussing him. It seems he plans on staying there

Sorry, I wasn't clear in last post. I just wandered if Moss will stay at the Freshman level. Boone had a big tight end a couple of years ago that caught a few passes when Thompson's kid was QB. He could thrive with defenses focused on running plays.

There was some speculation over the summer that the family might move to FL to be with his big sister.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in last post. I just wandered if Moss will stay at the Freshman level. Boone had a big tight end a couple of years ago that caught a few passes when Thompson's kid was QB. He could thrive with defenses focused on running plays.

There was some speculation over the summer that the family might move to FL to be with his big sister.

I believe the TE you are thinking about may be Trevon Brown, who is now playing offensive line at Miami OH.

I am glad to see above that the plan is for Moss to stay in freshman ball. There is a big difference between varsity ball and freshman ball, even if you are as big and strong as Moss is. Even more so playing 6A ball where you are facing guys bigger and stronger every week.

Finally, my information is that the Moss family isn't moving.