Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic/Dixie Predictions

Who wins? 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Dixie
      18%
    • Newport Central Catholic
      81%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This will be game two at Dixie at 8:30 as part of the Skiline Chili Crosstown Showdown.

 

The Breds have beaten Dixie two years in a row to open the season, do they make it 3 in a row or is this Dixie's year to hang an "L" on the Breds? What say you!!!!

  • Author

The Breds will be without 2 starters who played both ways for this game. Sr. Brady Thacker, who went out in game 3 last season with an ACL injury, suffered a concussion in the Cooper scrimmage and will be out 2 weeks and Jr. Matt Lenz suffered a broken hand. However they do get back starting defensive end Tyler Lyon who has been out with a growth plate issue in his spine. I still think one of the not much talked about issues for the Breds will be the absence of a kicking game with the loss to graduation of Matt Burns. They have a couple of soccer players who could easily fill this void, however don't know if they have ever been approached about playing. With some practice they would more than likely fill this void.

 

That being said, I'll still take the Breds an make it three in a row in season openers vs. Dixie.

I think Dixie gets the win.

Anyone else have an opinion?

I don't know enough about Dixie. I do know that the Breds got pushed around last week, on top of making some unforced TOs. Unless Dixie has improved mightily over last year, I like NewCath to right the ship and get the ball rolling.

With Dixie's youth you have to go with NCC.

 

However , this game lost its luster for me since it's now a regular season matchup and not a scrimmage.

I agree with the above. Dixie looks young and rebuilding under the new coach. I see the Breds getting the win in this one.

I plan on attending this game so I hope to see a good one. I will be interested to see how Dixie responds to their new coach. I imagine NewCath has to be the favorite in this one.

Think NCC gets off to a big start with their expectations this season?

Think NCC gets off to a big start with their expectations this season?

 

I believe that there is another thread on this. Can they be merged?

Yep, let me call in the secret magician.

Dixie has more depth and is trying to get a way from playing kids both ways. I think Dixie wins this game in the 4th quarter.

Dixie has a stud at MLB Brenan Fisk he is 6'0 230 pounds and is one of the strongest kids on the team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.