Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 2012/2013

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2012/2013 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Pendleton County ? Remember, please be constructive.

They will of course be lead by Mason Monroe. The loss of Rering and Antrobus will hurt them, but they have a solid core of Seniors that should help them out. If incoming coach Cravens can spread the wealth to make sure Monroe does not have to force 30 shots a game, they should make a nice run in the 10th.

They might struggle more than people realize. The players they lost were pretty good!

  • Author
They will of course be lead by Mason Monroe. The loss of Rering and Antrobus will hurt them, but they have a solid core of Seniors that should help them out. If incoming coach Cravens can spread the wealth to make sure Monroe does not have to force 30 shots a game, they should make a nice run in the 10th.

 

Where would you rank them pre-season in the 10th region?

Where would you rank them pre-season in the 10th region?

 

Goldie, I'm not a big fan of ranking teams if I don't get to see a lot of them play. I typically don't make many games on the southern side of the 10th. In no order I'm guessing Mason, Bourbon, 3 teams from the 37th (depending on McGovney's health) may be better than them. And even tough you cry poor about GRC every year :lol: I'd never leave them out of the mix. Gotta work is probably right on with a 5-7th ranking. I saw some A schools last year and not sure Paris or St. Pats can reload or Augusta has enough help for their young stud to be serious contenders.

Some of the role players from last season will need to step up and fill the shoes of Rering and Antrobus and take some pressure off of Mason Monroe. It should be an exciting team to watch with Craven's up-tempo style. A preseason ranking in the region of 5-7 sounds accurate to me as well.

  • Author

Saw where Keaton Belcher will be teaching PE/Health, girls golf coach and Freshman boys coach. He will also help with JV and varsity.

Montgomery will be preseason number 1 in the Region. I think Mason County will give them a run or their money since the Region is at Mason County. Don't ever count out GRC who will be young but if they play like a team like they did last season then anything could happen. I heard Happy has already got a guard from Shelby County. I look for a few other players to be added before the season starts.

Montgomery will be preseason number 1 in the Region. I think Mason County will give them a run or their money since the Region is at Mason County. Don't ever count out GRC who will be young but if they play like a team like they did last season then anything could happen. I heard Happy has already got a guard from Shelby County. I look for a few other players to be added before the season starts.

 

I think this will be the first year in over a decade in which Mason and Clark will not compete for a region crown.

  • Author
Goldie, I'm not a big fan of ranking teams if I don't get to see a lot of them play. I typically don't make many games on the southern side of the 10th. In no order I'm guessing Mason, Bourbon, 3 teams from the 37th (depending on McGovney's health) may be better than them. And even tough you cry poor about GRC every year :lol: I'd never leave them out of the mix. Gotta work is probably right on with a 5-7th ranking. I saw some A schools last year and not sure Paris or St. Pats can reload or Augusta has enough help for their young stud to be serious contenders.

 

Thanks for the info. Looks like the 5-7 rankings could fit alot of teams in the 10th this year.

Lineup should look something like this:

5- Ethan Moore

4- Mackenzie Colvin

3- Garrett Appleman

2- Aaron Gibson

1- Mason Monroe

 

Bench- F Andrew Antrobus, G/F Austin Pyles, G/F Jackson Strong

 

Pendleton returns 3 starters and 3 more players (Colvin, Gibson, and Andrew Antrobus) that saw a lot of Varsity time last year. Size will be an issue, as the lineup I posted only has one player taller than 6'0. New coach Ed Cravens likes to run a fast-paced offense, and press and trap on defense, so that should play into Pendleton's strength.

 

Pendleton's biggest issue will be finding consistent second offense outside of Monroe. That was a big issue last year, and losing Rering and Antrobus certainly won't help that. Ethan Moore is probably the most likely candidate to fill that role.

 

I would rank Brossart, Scott, Montgomery County, and possibly Mason County ahead of them in the pre-season.

Montgomery will be preseason number 1 in the Region. I think Mason County will give them a run or their money since the Region is at Mason County. Don't ever count out GRC who will be young but if they play like a team like they did last season then anything could happen. I heard Happy has already got a guard from Shelby County. I look for a few other players to be added before the season starts.

 

I would rank Brossart and Scott ahead of Montgomery County.

I think this will be the first year in over a decade in which Mason and Clark will not compete for a region crown.

 

I would be surprised if at least one of them doesn't compete for the Region Crown by the end of the year.

I would be surprised if at least one of them doesn't compete for the Region Crown by the end of the year.

 

Agreed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.