Which team would do you like best for the next 5 years?

Well I guess your selection of James would make sense if you really believe he'll be even a shell of what he currently is in 5 years. I think most, myself included, don't think that's going to be anywhere near the case.

So he couldn't add a more consistent jumper to his game at this point in his career? He's still unparalleled when it comes to size and speed on the floor. Whenever he slows down he can play power forward. In 5 years he'll be 32. I'll be shocked if he still isn't the best player in the planet in 5 years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From here on out, James isn't going to drastically improve as a player. As you said, he is in his prime. Playing the best basketball of his career and is currently better than KD.

He isn't THAT much better than KD though. Over the next few years, KD can still greatly improve parts of his game. I'm just going off of my opinion that in two or three years, KD will be better than James and will still be refining his game at a greater pace. Obviously I can't prove that will be the case, it's just an opinion. That's what this board is for.

And don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE LeBron James. He is one of the best things to ever happen to the NBA, at least during my lifetime. I'm rooting for him to get his championship this season (and I'm REALLY rooting for a Heat-Thunder Finals).

He's just beginning his prime. Which KG was better? KG from 19-26 or KG from 27-now? Lebron doesn't have to drastically improve to become a better player.

As for KD when has he shown he can do anything besides score? He plays too far away from the goal to pull down consistent rebounds and his passing skills are worse the Kobe's. He's a phenomenal player but what has he really done to deserve top billing over Lebron for the next five years?

So he couldn't add a more consistent jumper to his game at this point in his career? He's still unparalleled when it comes to size and speed on the floor. Whenever he slows down he can play power forward. In 5 years he'll be 32. I'll be shocked if he still isn't the best player in the planet in 5 years.

If he hasn't put in the work to improve his jumper more by this point it's not likely it will get much better. My point being his jumper has improve from earlier so I doubt it will get better.

Edit... Trying to post stats.

Lebron this year

At the rim- 75.4%

3-9 Ft - 47.3%

10-15- 47%

16-23-39%

From 3 - 36%

2 years go 9 Last year in Cleveland

At the rim- 73%

3-9 Ft - 53%

10-15- 32.2%

16-23- 40%

From 3 - 33%

Edited by HammerTime

My friend and I were watching the Heat/Pacers game last night and had a "draft" with all NBA players available. Which team do you like best for the next 5 years?

Team 1 Team 2

Paul Rondo

Wade Parker

Durant Lebron

Love Chandler

Bynum Howard

Westbrook Rose

Cousins Ibaka

Paul

Wade>Parker

Durant

Love>Chandler

Bynum

Westbrook>Rose

Cousins

Teams are pretty equal to me...

His best FG % was at 26 and it was down hill from that.

Yeah but his jumper was wet from 91/92 until infinity. Layups and dunks will get you a higher percentage. Once he couldn't get layups and dunks his midrange game became deadly. With the exception of 94-95 when he came back from suspension he shot over 46% each year. That's exceptional for a shooting guard who shot as much as he did.

Quit making me defend MJ. UNC sucks and so does MJ. I feel sick. Crying over Kobe and now defending MJ. I should probably just leave work. Nothing good is going to come from this day.

Yeah but his jumper was wet from 91/92 until infinity. Layups and dunks will get you a higher percentage. Once he couldn't get layups and dunks his midrange game became deadly. With the exception of 94-95 when he came back from suspension he shot over 46% each year. That's exceptional for a shooting guard who shot as much as he did.

Quit making me defend MJ. UNC sucks and so does MJ. I feel sick. Crying over Kobe and now defending MJ. I should probably just leave work. Nothing good is going to come from this day.

46% is very good for a SG mainly shooting jumpers but I don't see Lebron ever being that type of player.

:lol: I will stop now.

Right, but for the next 5 years who would take?

Lebron is only 27 and already a 9 year vet...At 32 will still be in his prime...I see him staying in great shape, he wont decline imo until he is about 35-36 years old...3 mvps already and probably 2 or 3 more in the next 5 years...He does things on the court that no one his size does, freak athlete, crazy acrobatic smooth finisher and a decent shooter that is sometimes great when he is streaking...When Lebron is zoning get out of his way nobody is getting the ball on his team, but the other team isnt stopping him either...Even in the NBA he looks like he is playing against kids at times...One of the greats already and just entered his prime...

Lebron is only 27 and already a 9 year vet...At 32 will still be in his prime...I see him staying in great shape, he wont decline imo until he is about 35-36 years old...3 mvps already and probably 2 or 3 more in the next 5 years...He does things on the court that no one his size does, freak athlete, crazy acrobatic smooth finisher and a decent shooter that is sometimes great when he is streaking...When Lebron is zoning get out of his way nobody is getting the ball on his team, but the other team isnt stopping him either...Even in the NBA he looks like he is playing against kids at times...One of the greats already and just entered his prime...

That's all I am saying. I think if people liked him as a person they would say the same thing you just said. I'm a Kobe guy but I still haven't seen anybody like Lebron before. We've seen guys like KD before.

That's all I am saying. I think if people liked him as a person they would say the same thing you just said. I'm a Kobe guy but I still haven't seen anybody like Lebron before. We've seen guys like KD before.

I'm not a Kobe fan at all either but I definitely respect him as a player...He is what 33 now? I think...I full expect Lebron to keep going at least as long as Kobe and probably longer, Lebron is stronger and is built for the wear and tear...Barring injury and a loss of love for the game Lebron will keep chugging along into his mid 30's and at 27 years old is already a sure fire bet for the Hall possibly...Too think about what he will have accomplished by the time he hangs it up is scary...Lebron is the type of player that comes around maybe every 30 years if that, KD types are more frequent maybe every 10 years a player of his pedigree enters the league...

If KD can add more moves to his repertoire, he'll end up being one of the best scorers of all time. Add some jab steps, some step backs, perfect the fade away....he'll last longer in the league than Lebron. He'll end up being one of the all time greats.