Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eastern boys basketball coaching job open

Featured Replies

Eastern boys basketball job is open after Jason Couch has accepted the job at Shelby Co. Who will get the Eastern job?

Eastern boys basketball job is open after Jason Couch has accepted the job at Shelby Co. Who will get the Eastern job?[/quote

Heard that Tom Crews would be good fit.

Heard that couch left today, kind of surprising. I do feel though that the list of applicants will be long as Eastern is a great job.

Heard that Tom Crews would be good fit.

 

Crews would be a good fit but is he willing to leave western hills? Who am I kidding he is probably chomping at the bit for this job. For some reason I feel like the journeyman Curtis turley will come up in the conversation who knows he might be dying to get back to high school basketball.

Admitedly, I'm a total outsider on this one. But, this move puzzles me. Eastern is typically among the best schools not only in Louisville, but also in the state. Shelby County really seems to have taken a hit talent wise with the opening of Collins.

 

I know it's much easier to get out of the eighth than the seventh (sixth?), but I think it'll be hard for Shelby to the be best team in their own district many years.

 

And let me be clear, just an observer here. No hidden agenda. Are there factors I'm missing?

Crews would be a good fit but is he willing to leave western hills? Who am I kidding he is probably chomping at the bit for this job.

 

Are you serious? Crews left Western Hills before the season even started last year.

Admitedly, I'm a total outsider on this one. But, this move puzzles me. Eastern is typically among the best schools not only in Louisville, but also in the state. Shelby County really seems to have taken a hit talent wise with the opening of Collins.

 

I know it's much easier to get out of the eighth than the seventh (sixth?), but I think it'll be hard for Shelby to the be best team in their own district many years.

 

And let me be clear, just an observer here. No hidden agenda. Are there factors I'm missing?

 

Comments from Coach Coach would indicate that. Said he was not happy with all the changes going on at Eastern and he didnt like change. Also, mentioned that there is a culture change there. Didnt Elaborate on that.

I would think that Louisville area guys like Crews, Morrow, Edelin and Bransford would go for this job.

 

Maybe Inman (the former CAL coach).

 

And, maybe some young assistants such as Stovall and a couple of the Ballard guys (former DeSales coach).

Are you kidding? JMO!!!

He knows better than to even apply for the job.

I would think that Crews would be a longshot as well.

Crews would be a good fit but is he willing to leave western hills? Who am I kidding he is probably chomping at the bit for this job.

 

Are you serious? Crews left Western Hills before the season even started last year.

 

O wow I had no clue. Not as in touch with the basketball scene as I used to be.

With Trinity and Ballard rolling, the Eastern job comes with some pretty tough competition. I suspect Couch may have just had enough of the Louisville scene.

With Trinity and Ballard rolling, the Eastern job comes with some pretty tough competition. I suspect Couch may have just had enough of the Louisville scene.

 

Yeah those two have the east end locked down. Hard to get kids.

I'd say he's probably sick of recruiting 8th grade kids to play basketball. Don't panic anyone, it's called open enrollment in Louisville.

I'd say he's probably sick of recruiting 8th grade kids to play basketball. Don't panic anyone, it's called open enrollment in Louisville.

 

Maybe, but Eastern's never short on talent. Had 5 D-1 signee's last year. Eastern has over 2,000 kids to choose from.

They have had average freshman and JV teams the last couple of years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.