May 7, 201214 yr Yep, and the last decade of missed opportunity had nothing to do with Carson Palmer either. Just sayin.
May 7, 201214 yr Yep, and the last decade of missed opportunity had nothing to do with Carson Palmer either. Just sayin. Watching the Raiders this past year shined a little light on that topic for me.
May 7, 201214 yr Well, there were plenty of knowledgeable posters in this form that had him pegged. And some didn't.
May 7, 201214 yr God, reading your diatribe makes the rest of my hair fall out. Suggs out won't change what they do. I stand by that. They didn't change DCoordinators. They lost a pass rusher. They'll plug another one in. Will you stop the term papers if I just agree? You saying they didn't change DCoordinators this year tells me all I need to know about what you bring to this discussion. Their defensive coordinator form last year now is the head coach for the Colts. So once again they have a new defensive coordinator, and every time they have switched defensive coordinators over the years since Marvin Lewis, they have played a little different style and have even switched based defenses in the past with new defensive coordinators. However since your argument holds no ground now, since I have shown you how they have changed their style many of times over the years on defense unlike the Steelers. You have chosen to talk about how I write, which makes sense since your argument is based on nothing. The Ravens have switched their style on what they have done on defense many of times through the years, and once again they do have a new defensive coordinator too. Bring something better to the discussion next time please.
May 7, 201214 yr Well, there were plenty of knowledgeable posters in this form that had him pegged. And some didn't. You mean those same knowledgeable posters who said the Bengals will suck last year? I admit I was wrong about Palmer, just like many of people on here have been wrong about many things. However you knowledgeable posters as you say have also been wrong before on plenty of things, when I have been right. Which this is another case of you being wrong, in acting like their is no way they will change when they have changed probably 4 different times on the style of play they play on defense over the years.
May 7, 201214 yr You mean those same knowledgeable posters who said the Bengals will suck last year? I admit I was wrong about Palmer, just like many of people on here have been wrong about many things. However you knowledgeable posters as you say have also been wrong before on plenty of things, when I have been right. Which this is another case of you being wrong, in acting like their is no way they will change when they have changed probably 4 different times on the style of play they play on defense over the years. Nope, you're always right. Hell, Baltimore may go to the good old high school 5-3. Ed Reed is good enough to play centerfield. Without Suggs who knows. I bet they're hot at the grindstone up there trying to figure out how to play defense without him. They'll change 5 or 6 times this year. They may go from 4-3 to 3-4. They may rush Ngata off the edge. Ray may play corner. You never know with those whacky Harbaughs. Ray Rice may go both ways. All hands on deck now that Suggs is out. PANIC
May 7, 201214 yr Next man up, is how Balt will look at this with Upshaw, Kruger and Kindle, competing for the starting OLB spots. I don't see Balt changing much either, unless they are struggling, but I wouldn't see them change anything till closer to mid season.
May 8, 201214 yr Nope, you're always right. Hell, Baltimore may go to the good old high school 5-3. Ed Reed is good enough to play centerfield. Without Suggs who knows. I bet they're hot at the grindstone up there trying to figure out how to play defense without him. They'll change 5 or 6 times this year. They may go from 4-3 to 3-4. They may rush Ngata off the edge. Ray may play corner. You never know with those whacky Harbaughs. Ray Rice may go both ways. All hands on deck now that Suggs is out. PANIC Im sure right about this. Just like I am sure right how you keep choosing to ignore and dance around the fact that the Ravens have changed their style on defense a few different times, and usually each time happened when a new defensive coordinator took over. Guess what they have a new defensive coordinator, which you were wrong on but of coarse you chose to ignore that and act like a ten year old in your last post. So they have a new defensive coordinator, and just lost one of if not their best defensive player. A player that does have a big impact on what they do. Shoot Ed Reed just admitted when interviewed how without him that they won't get as much of a pass rush now. So guess what a NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR might do to try to help overcome that, thats right blitz more. You all act like they are like the Steelers and do the same defense every year, but they have not. They have changed their style and even their base front three different times over the years since Marvin. But lets keep ignoring that, and lets keep acting like a little kid since you don't know how to respond to facts like that they have changed and have not stayed the same. They always play great defense like the Steelers, but they have changed their style on how they do it unlike the Steelers. What's crazy about this is all I said was they could come out with something different. Yet apparently that is crazy to think they would do that, even though I have shown to you that they have changed before but you just choose to ignore that piece of information. I look forward to your next immature ten year old post, instead of actually responding to the fact that you are wrong and that they have changed what they do on defense.
May 8, 201214 yr Next man up, is how Balt will look at this with Upshaw, Kruger and Kindle, competing for the starting OLB spots. I don't see Balt changing much either, unless they are struggling, but I wouldn't see them change anything till closer to mid season. Look at my initial post, did I say they will come out and be a whole new team on defense? No I didn't, I suggested that they may play a little different style. That they possibly could maybe blitz more than what they have done when Suggs plays, to help make up for the pass rush they are losing with Suggs out. Its also the first game of the year, and teams usually do come out with new stuff anyways. So add to the fact that they have a new defensive coordinator, which history shows when they have changed defensive coordinators they have changed philosophy's some but still get the same end result. Then it is not to crazy or out of my mind as he put it, to think that hey they maybe will do something a little different especially the first game and maybe blitz more. I didn't even say it was a definite thing, just said that it very well could happen and definitely was not out of my mind as he put it to think that.
May 9, 201214 yr Heck, you got me. I give. I can't suffer another post. Edited May 9, 201214 yr by spindoc
May 9, 201214 yr Heck, you got me. I give. I can't suffer another post. There would have never been a discussion about this to begin with, if someone did suggest I was out of my flipping mind to think they may do things a little different this year. Then for you to act like that they always play the same style on defense, was wrong. They have changed their style and based defense a few different times, and usually happens when a new defensive coordinator takes over. So with having a new DC and with Suggs being out, it was not hard to see that they may do something like blitzing a little more this year. You acted like I said they definitely will change everything they do on defense. I just said they may do something a little different this year. Shoot even after saying that, I even said that I would rather take that than having Suggs play. So there was really no need for a response like that to my post to begin with.
May 10, 201214 yr Wow this is crazy! There are even more people who are out of their mind and think the Ravens may need to blitz even more this year due to Suggs being out. So crazy and out of their mind to think such a thing. Wow! Will Ravens blitz more without Suggs? - AFC North Blog - ESPN Ed Reed: Less 'fear' for QBs with Suggs out - AFC North Blog - ESPN
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.