May 10, 201214 yr Wow this is crazy! There are even more people who are out of their mind and think the Ravens may need to blitz even more this year due to Suggs being out. So crazy and out of their mind to think such a thing. Wow! Will Ravens blitz more without Suggs? - AFC North Blog - ESPN Ed Reed: Less 'fear' for QBs with Suggs out - AFC North Blog - ESPN Looks like futurecoach is a few steps ahead of spindoc...
May 11, 201214 yr Looks like futurecoach is a few steps ahead of spindoc... However since I am not as good as most people at expressing what I need to say in few words like most posters, people would rather talk about that. Especially when what they orginally had to say gets shown to be not true, or not that crazy to think in this case. A simple saying he doesn't think they would change much would have done just fine.
May 11, 201214 yr The same blogger said last season that the Bengals needed Benson to average 25 carries a game with the rookie quarterback to have any shot at a winning record. Spot on!!
May 11, 201214 yr The same blogger said last season that the Bengals needed Benson to average 25 carries a game with the rookie quarterback to have any shot at a winning record. Spot on!! You will be happy to know that this guy commented to that blogger about how he was wrong in thinking the Bengals would be terrible last year. Shoot the guy even made me the homer of the week on his dang blog on ESPN. So yes he was wrong, but thats not what were talking about here. I never said either that they definitely will change, I just suggested that they might change and maybe blitz more. Which was not out of my mind to think that, and how others think the same thing and even Ed Reed hints at that they may need to. Maybe the won't change, but it definitely was not crazy to think that. Especially when I have shown you how they have changed their styles before, and how I shown you how they do have a NEW DC even though you said they did not change DC's. :sssh:
May 11, 201214 yr Bet they don't. There is no bet to take. Never said they definitely would, just suggested that they may and definitely have plenty of evidence to show how that could happen.
May 11, 201214 yr Bet they are seamless from last year. If they blitz at an alarming rate compared to last year, I'll change my avatar to say "Futurecoach is Spot On". If I'm right and you're wrong, you change yours to "My posts are really long". We can revisit this in week 9.
May 11, 201214 yr Bet they are seamless from last year. If they blitz at an alarming rate compared to last year, I'll change my avatar to say "Futurecoach is Spot On". If I'm right and you're wrong, you change yours to "My posts are really long". We can revisit this in week 9. Once again what is there to bet? Go look at my original post again, and please tell me where I said the Ravens are going to change everything they do on defense, and going to become the Eagles when I believe the late Johnson was his name was calling their defense. With Suggs being out, and them having a new DC it is not that crazy to think they may change what they do a little this year. I suggested maybe that thing would be blitzing more, maybe it will be that, maybe not. Then you go on your little out of your mind thing, and then acting like they have always just done next man up and kept the same philosphy on defense. Which was once again wrong and not true, just like you saying they had not switched DC. Every time they have switched DC's their style has changed. A couple of times it was their actual base defense between a 4/3 and 3/4 and sometimes it was just between being more aggressive blitzing or laying back more like they did with the DC before the last one. I have no idea what they will do, they very well could keep it exactly the same. However it definitely was not crazy to think that they may change since history shows that they have with new DC's, especially now to with their best pass rusher out. So there is no bet to be made here, or trust me I would take your bet. But I don't know what they will do, but would not be surprised at all if they do change somewhat and that may be by blitzing more. Even with all that, I even said I rather Suggs not play. Suggs not playing is still better than even if they do, do a few things different. Which by the way everyone knows my post are really long, so what is the use for having that as a avatar! I even know that. That is why I keep now just trying to add even more and more to this post. Enjoy.
May 11, 201214 yr Bet they are seamless from last year. If they blitz at an alarming rate compared to last year, I'll change my avatar to say "Futurecoach is Spot On". If I'm right and you're wrong, you change yours to "My posts are really long". We can revisit this in week 9. Actually I changed my mind. I will take that bet, but we have to get more details on this bet. Even though I have no idea what style this new DC likes. I will be willing to still bet this with you. Last year I believe it said they were 9th in the NFL when it came to blitzing. If they are 7th or higher in the amount of times they blitz by week 9 then I win the bet, if they are not then you win.
May 14, 201214 yr ITEM: The task of replacing Terrell Suggs A recent analysis by Ravens.com on whether the team will be able to make up for the loss of Terrell Suggs could be seen as encouraging by the team’s fans. Ravens.com consulted ProFootballFocus.com, which charts every single play during the NFL season and compared Suggs’ impact to those players who could step in for him. According to the findings, Suggs, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, led the Ravens with 14 sacks, 12 quarterback hits and 37 pressures in 598 snaps last season. In 375 fewer snaps, outside linebacker Paul Kruger and defensive end Pernell McPhee logged a combined 49 quarterback hits and pressures. That’s the exact same amount of hits and pressure as Suggs. Based on the information compiled by ProFootballFocus.com, McPhee was one of the top interior pass rushers in the NFL last season, with seven sacks, six hits and 20 pressures. No interior lineman with more than 100 snaps applied pressure as often as McPhee. Only 14 interior rushers had as much total pressure (sacks, knockdowns and hurries) than McPhee in only 278 snaps. As for Kruger, he had 5.5 sacks, four hits and 15 quarterback pressures. Of the defensive ends with at least 250 rushes, Kruger ranked 20th in production. The other main contributor will have to be No. 2 pick Courtney Upshaw, who had 9.5 sacks last season in college. During his rookie season of 2003, Suggs had 12 sacks and was voted AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.
May 14, 201214 yr From NFL.com Upshaw won't let himself feel pressure about replacing Suggs, particularly because the infrastructure is in place for this defense to withstand the loss. When the organization sought to fill the team with passionate players, the goal was that the sum would be greater than the attributes of the parts. Year after year, the Ravens prove it.
May 14, 201214 yr Now the talking heads seem to think the Suggs-less Ravens will be able to stay the course and get production out what they have and what they just drafted. No gimmicks, just same ole, same ole.
May 15, 201214 yr From NFL.com Upshaw won't let himself feel pressure about replacing Suggs, particularly because the infrastructure is in place for this defense to withstand the loss. When the organization sought to fill the team with passionate players, the goal was that the sum would be greater than the attributes of the parts. Year after year, the Ravens prove it. ITEM: The task of replacing Terrell Suggs A recent analysis by Ravens.com on whether the team will be able to make up for the loss of Terrell Suggs could be seen as encouraging by the team’s fans. Ravens.com consulted ProFootballFocus.com, which charts every single play during the NFL season and compared Suggs’ impact to those players who could step in for him. According to the findings, Suggs, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, led the Ravens with 14 sacks, 12 quarterback hits and 37 pressures in 598 snaps last season. In 375 fewer snaps, outside linebacker Paul Kruger and defensive end Pernell McPhee logged a combined 49 quarterback hits and pressures. That’s the exact same amount of hits and pressure as Suggs. Based on the information compiled by ProFootballFocus.com, McPhee was one of the top interior pass rushers in the NFL last season, with seven sacks, six hits and 20 pressures. No interior lineman with more than 100 snaps applied pressure as often as McPhee. Only 14 interior rushers had as much total pressure (sacks, knockdowns and hurries) than McPhee in only 278 snaps. As for Kruger, he had 5.5 sacks, four hits and 15 quarterback pressures. Of the defensive ends with at least 250 rushes, Kruger ranked 20th in production. The other main contributor will have to be No. 2 pick Courtney Upshaw, who had 9.5 sacks last season in college. During his rookie season of 2003, Suggs had 12 sacks and was voted AP Defensive Rookie of the Year. Now the talking heads seem to think the Suggs-less Ravens will be able to stay the course and get production out what they have and what they just drafted. No gimmicks, just same ole, same ole. Hmmm interesting you talk about how those guys did get pressure on the QB. However that didn't mention if they blitzed on those plays, which blitzing does cause more one on one blocking and free's up guys. Look at the articles I posted for you, and look how well Suggs did pressuring the QB when they did not blitz. Those guys very well might have got pressure on the QB at a good rate too, but does not mean they did it when they were not blitzing other guys at the same time. But hey we probably will ignore that fact too. Just like you ignored the fact about how you said the Ravens didn't switch DC's. We have a bet in place, so we shall see.
May 15, 201214 yr I read the whole articles. No mentioning of a major increase in blitzing. No mention of exotic packages. Just that they got pressure on the QB with rushing from the edge and up the middle. In other words, not too much planned differently in Baltimore. Can't wait!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.