Williamstown hires former UK guard Roger Harden

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. I don't think you have to be in any district as long as it was posted and nobody in the school system excepted, you can go outside the school system at that point.

I thought the JV coach (Mason) applied. Kind of surprised that he didn't get it.

My aging memory tells me the last time I heard about Roger was in regards to suing the KHSAA or something along those lines about his son's eligibility in Lexington.

Am I close to being correct?

My aging memory tells me the last time I heard about Roger was in regards to suing the KHSAA or something along those lines about his son's eligibility in Lexington.

If my memory is correct his son was a good, not great, player that dad shopped around like he was the next Chapman.

Seems as if at some point every school in Lexington, and of course Scott County were possibilities. The son attended several high schools, and I believe lost at least one year of participation in the whole mess.

Didn't like the whole thing then, because it reaked of dad throwing his UK name around to circumvent rules. Of course, I'm getting old too, so maybe I'm wrong on this.

If my memory is correct his son was a good, not great, player that dad shopped around like he was the next Chapman.

Seems as if at some point every school in Lexington, and of course Scott County were possibilities. The son attended several high schools, and I believe lost at least one year of participation in the whole mess.

Didn't like the whole thing then, because it reaked of dad throwing his UK name around to circumvent rules. Of course, I'm getting old too, so maybe I'm wrong on this.

I think you're pretty accurate in your assessment!

Good catch, I had forgot about this.

Read somewhere where he coached some AAU.

And yet the quote in the paper from the AD was that "it was a very impressive resume". If all he's done is AAU and some middle school coaching, it really makes me wonder if they (Williamstown) weren't just starstruck by the fact that someone who played at UK wanted to coach at Williamstown...regardless of his coaching ability.

And yet the quote in the paper from the AD was that "it was a very impressive resume". If all he's done is AAU and some middle school coaching, it really makes me wonder if they (Williamstown) weren't just starstruck by the fact that someone who played at UK wanted to coach at Williamstown...regardless of his coaching ability.

I heard that Joe B. Hall put in a call for him to get the job. It will be interesting and i wonder if Coach Mason will stay on staff as his assistant.

Indeed! The paper also stated that his son worked with MKG and Anthony Davis on their strength and conditioning, isn't Rock Oliver the strength Coach at UK? Seems like even the local media is trying to build up his resume.

I heard that Joe B. Hall put in a call for him to get the job. It will be interesting and i wonder if Coach Mason will stay on staff as his assistant.

The very weird rumor that I've heard just recently is that Mason had actually contacted Harden about Roger being a part of AJ's staff, should he get the job. Only after that, did Harden apply for the position himself. IF this is true, it almost makes it sound like Harden was intrigued about the school/situation...but, didn't want to be the #2 guy.

Indeed! The paper also stated that his son worked with MKG and Anthony Davis on their strength and conditioning, isn't Rock Oliver the strength Coach at UK? Seems like even the local media is trying to build up his resume.

And where did they get this info....from Harden himself I assume. Dosn't look like he has changed any over the years.........:walk:

The very weird rumor that I've heard just recently is that Mason had actually contacted Harden about Roger being a part of AJ's staff, should he get the job. Only after that, did Harden apply for the position himself. IF this is true, it almost makes it sound like Harden was intrigued about the school/situation...but, didn't want to be the #2 guy.

If this is the case, it doesn't speak much for Hardin's character. Low Blow!!