Reds Down on the Farm...

I'd like to start this thread to track the Reds farm system at all levels...I already created a thread running down the top prospects that are off to good starts, but with this I would like to track them...It's a good place to keep track of Billy Hamilton's attempt at the Minor Leagues steals record and to track others like Corcino, Lutz, Gregorius, Soto, Garrett etc...I will start off by stating that through 23 Gms Hamilton has 29 Steals and a .400 average and according to this link Reds prospect Billy Hamilton is the fastest man in baseball | HardballTalk he is the fastest man in baseball...

It's interesting to note that Soft J was put on the IR, potentially moving Gregorius up too AAA and Hamilton up to AA...Hopefully this is what the Reds decide to do because although forced and probably a bit early for a promotion I think both players will take it in stride and not miss a beat...This could be big for Reds fans too see if these to are progressing closer to helping the big club either by joining it or being traded for the missing piece...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to note that Soft J was put on the IR, potentially moving Gregorius up too AAA and Hamilton up to AA...Hopefully this is what the Reds decide to do because although forced and probably a bit early for a promotion I think both players will take it in stride and not miss a beat...This could be big for Reds fans too see if these to are progressing closer to helping the big club either by joining it or being traded for the missing piece...

It was only a matter of time, both needed to make the next jump, I'm excited to see how the do if/when they are promoted.

I just hope they dont rush them up. There is not an urgent need at this time on the MLB team to get them ready, I think letting them work there way slowly is better. Would just hate to move them up fast to AAA and then they sit there for a year or two because of no needs on the MLB Roster.

I just hope they dont rush them up. There is not an urgent need at this time on the MLB team to get them ready, I think letting them work there way slowly is better. Would just hate to move them up fast to AAA and then they sit there for a year or two because of no needs on the MLB Roster.

The Reds rush a player? More often than not it's the opposite.

Offensive Players of the Week | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Donald Lutz named offensive player of the week...He is exciting to think about in LF, he didn't even pick up a baseball bat until his late teens...

Donald Lutz, Bakersfield

(.370/.370/.889, 6 G, 10-for-27, 3 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 8 RBI, 6 R, 0BB, 3 K, 2 SB)

Having hit .301 with 20 homers and completing the first cycle in Dayton Dragons history last season, it comes as no surprise that Lutz is thriving in the Cal League. Beginning last Sunday, Lutz delivered at least one extra-base hit — including four home runs — in his next six games while driving in 10 runs. The 23-year-old ranks second on the circuit in homers and RBIs and has helped the Blaze put together the best record in the league.

Baseball Prospectus on Billy Hamilton...Baseball Prospectus | BP Unfiltered: Billy Hamilton is Very Fast

Here are some interesting facts from the article...

Hamilton has been hot all year, but he kicked it up a notch over the past week, going 13-for-28 with 15 stolen bases in his last seven games. That's not a typo: Fifteen.

I just went through Billy Hamilton's game logs for 2012, and I'm a little shaky. Really. Got a little sweat, got a little short breathing. The 29 stolen bases in 23 games are just the beginning.

Billy Hamilton has reached on eight infield singles. He has been thrown out by infielders 14 times. When Billy Hamilton hits the ball on the ground to an infielder, and the infielder fields the ball cleanly, Billy Hamilton is hitting .364.

He also reached on an error. So when Billy Hamilton hits the ball at an infielder, he reaches nearly 40 percent of the time.

Billy Hamilton has also reached on a catcher's throwing error on a third strike. He has also advanced on a catcher's throwing error, and on a pitcher's errant pickoff attempt. He has scored on a fielder's choice when the catcher dropped a throw home.

Billy Hamilton has advanced seven bases on wild pitches.

Pitchers have committed three balks while Billy Hamilton was on base.

Billy Hamilton has scored from third when the catcher threw to first to complete another batter's strikeout.

And Billy Hamilton scored the walk-off run on April 20 on a sacrific fly. To the second baseman.

Last night in A+ Bakersfield Tony Cingrani lowered his ERA to 0.32 on the season to go along with 6 walks and 37 strikeouts in 28 innings pitched. Billy Hamilton went 0-5, but was able to reach base and steal his 30th base of the season.

Cingrani is interesting he can top at in the mid 90's from what I've heard and he is a lefty pitching in the Hitter friendly California League...

5/3/12 Update

AAA L-Ville- Kanekoa Texeira threw 1.2 shutout innings and now has an era of .69 on the year...Neftali Soto had a walk off HR, he now has 9 2B, 3 HR and 15 RBI after hitting 31 HR a year ago with 80 RBI...

AA-Pensacola-Henry Rodriguez went 3-5 in the Double Header with an RBI, he is now hitting .342 on the year...Daniel Corcino had a strong start as he went 6 innings on 90 pitches without allowing an earned run. He lowered his ERA on the year to 2.61...Donnie Joseph threw a hitless 7th to get his 5th save. He has yet to allow a run this season and his slider is unhittable right now.

A+ Bakersfield-Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with his 31st steal...Donald Lutz went 1-4...David Vidal went 2-3 with a walk his 5th HR and 3 RBI, pushed his season line to .307/.384/.557 with 10 walks and 17 strikeouts.

5/8/12 Update

AAA L-Ville- Mike Costanzo went 2-4 with 2 doubles, 2 RBI and a run. The Former High Draft pick of the Phillies continues to tear the cover off the ball...

AA Pensacola- Henry Rodriguez extended his hitting streak to 16 games and is now hitting .348 on the season...

A+ Bakersfield- Donald Lutz hit the game winning HR giving him 10 and leading the California League...

5/9

Louisville- Pedro Villarreal allowed 2 earned (5 total) in 5.2 innings with no walks and 7 strikeouts. This was his AAA debut.

Pensacola-Ryan LaMarre went 3-3 with a double, walk, 2 RBI and a run. Daniel Corcino allowed 2 earned in 6 innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts.

Bakersfield- Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with 2 runs and a steal (32).

Baseball Prospectus on Billy Hamilton...Baseball Prospectus | BP Unfiltered: Billy Hamilton is Very Fast

Here are some interesting facts from the article...

Hamilton has been hot all year, but he kicked it up a notch over the past week, going 13-for-28 with 15 stolen bases in his last seven games. That's not a typo: Fifteen.

I just went through Billy Hamilton's game logs for 2012, and I'm a little shaky. Really. Got a little sweat, got a little short breathing. The 29 stolen bases in 23 games are just the beginning.

Billy Hamilton has reached on eight infield singles. He has been thrown out by infielders 14 times. When Billy Hamilton hits the ball on the ground to an infielder, and the infielder fields the ball cleanly, Billy Hamilton is hitting .364.

He also reached on an error. So when Billy Hamilton hits the ball at an infielder, he reaches nearly 40 percent of the time.

Billy Hamilton has also reached on a catcher's throwing error on a third strike. He has also advanced on a catcher's throwing error, and on a pitcher's errant pickoff attempt. He has scored on a fielder's choice when the catcher dropped a throw home.

Billy Hamilton has advanced seven bases on wild pitches.

Pitchers have committed three balks while Billy Hamilton was on base.

Billy Hamilton has scored from third when the catcher threw to first to complete another batter's strikeout.

And Billy Hamilton scored the walk-off run on April 20 on a sacrific fly. To the second baseman.

In Class A ...

Here's an old video from youtube I thought I would share...It's my first time seeing it...The LF had a bit of trouble but that's still a Double for almost everybody, maybe a Triple...

[video=youtube;P2RTN3-RfgI]

In Class A ...

Everyone is aware...Even Baseball Prospectus knows this I do believe, but it's still remarkable...How many people play A Ball every year and how many put up these types of numbers and cause havoc for opposing teams like he does...0