Reds Down on the Farm...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/10

Pensacola-Donnie Joseph threw a perfect 9th and 10th inning while picking up his 4th win of the season despite being the teams closer. His ERA stands at 0.50 on the season.

Bakersfield-Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with a triple, run and a steal (33). Donald Lutz went 2-4 with a double, RBI and a run.

5/14

Pensacola- Ryan LaMarre went 2-3 with a walk, steal (10) and 2 runs. Ryan LaMarre is having a hot May, hitting .349/.491/.395 on the month with 7 steals, 12 walks and 12 strikeouts.

Bakersfield- Donald Lutz went 5-5 with a double, HR (11), 3 RBI, steal (6) and 4 runs. Donald Lutz is now hitting .326 on the season with 13 doubles and 11 home runs.

What is with the Dodgers avatar?

The Dodgers avatar is for Patrick Starr who passed away it seems like almost a year to the date...He was a longtime poster on here and he loved his Dodgers, I gave him a hard time on many occasions but it didn't seem right not seeing his Dodgers avatar anymore in the MLB board...The passing of AL brought back memories of Patrick to me and how much more fun it was to heckle fans of other teams...Other posters on here rep the Reds avatars and other local teams, and most everyone knows who I am a fan of on here...For a short time I just wanted to dedicate my avatar to Patrick and his Dodgers since he is no longer able too...I post mostly on the MLB board and when ever Patrick used to say something negative about the Reds, the Reds would usually get hot...I'm hoping the Dodgers avatar can bring back some of Patrick's good luck for the Reds...:thumb: So far they are undefeated 1-0 :D

Tony Cingrani leads the league in ERA and strikeouts, and since being drafted, he's struck out 145 hitters in less than 100 innings and only walked 16... He is also pitching in what many consider a hitters league, the California league...One of the Reds best SP pitching prospects in a while...3rd pick in 2011, Lefty throws low to mid 90's...Big Frame 6'4", 200 lbs...

[table]

[thead][tr][th]Year[/th][th]Age[/th][th]Tm[/th][th]Lg[/th][th]Lev[/th][th]Aff[/th][th]W[/th][th]L[/th][th]W-L%[/th][th]ERA[/th][th]G[/th][th]GS[/th][th]IP[/th][th]H[/th][th]R[/th][th]ER[/th][th]HR[/th][th]BB[/th][th]SO[/th][th]WHIP[/th][th]BB/9[/th][th]SO/9[/th][/tr][/thead]

[tr][td]2011[/td][td]21[/td][td]Billings[/td][td]PION[/td][td]Rk[/td][td]CIN[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td].600[/td][td]1.75[/td][td]13[/td][td]13[/td][td]51.1[/td][td]35[/td][td]11[/td][td]10[/td][td]1[/td][td]6[/td][td]80[/td][td]0.799[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]14.0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2012[/td][td]22[/td][td]Bakersfield[/td][td]CALL[/td][td]A+[/td][td]CIN[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td].800[/td][td]0.78[/td][td]8[/td][td]8[/td][td]46.0[/td][td]28[/td][td]9[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]10[/td][td]65[/td][td]0.826[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]12.7[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2 Seasons[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]3[/td][td].700[/td][td]1.29[/td][td]21[/td][td]21[/td][td]97.1[/td][td]63[/td][td]20[/td][td]14[/td][td]3[/td][td]16[/td][td]145[/td][td]0.812[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]13.4[/td][/tr]

[/table]

End of May Update

L-Ville- Danny Dorn is hitting .375/.405/.600 over his last 10 games and is only hitless in one of those games (and he went 0-1 in that game). Joey Gathright was added to the Bats last week and has hit .415 with 3 walks in 5 games to help spark some offense. Brett Tomko remains the top starter on the team with a 3.18 ERA, though he is sitting with an 0-5 record on the season despite not allowing many runs (no unearned runs either). Both Dorn and Gathright could help fill the Reds Left Handed void on the bench. Harris has also been hot of late and could also add Left Handed depth off the bench in favor of Valdez.

Pensacola- Josh Fellhauer has been the most consistent hitter on the Blue Wahoos since Henry Rodriguez went down with an injury. Fellhauer is hitting .333/.421/.465 on the season with 15 walks and 16 strikeouts. Andrew Means has been with the Blue Wahoos for just over two weeks and has hit .333/.368/.528 since being promoted. Kyle Lotzkar has been somewhat solid for the Blue Wahoos as he has toed a wild line to post a 3.20 ERA with 18 walks and 20 strikeouts in 19.2 innings. Daniel Corcino has had a strong May with a 3.72 ERA in 29 innings with 11 walks and 34 strikeouts. Tim Crabbe has posted a 3.65 ERA in May, though like Lotzkar he has toed a fine line with 18 walks and 23 strikeouts in 24.2 innings. Donnie Joseph continues to just run through the league with a 0.67 ERA in 27 innings with 12 saves, 6 walks and 40 strikeouts.

Bakersfield- he Blaze have gotten an infusion on offense from speedster Theo Bowe just over two weeks ago. Bowe is hitting .382/.460/.564 since being called up from Dayton with 9 steals. Bryson Smith is hitting .342/.419/.490 on the season. His .342 average ranks him 5th in the league. Despite being in a month long slump (.250/.311/.339), Billy Hamilton seems to be breaking out of it with an 8 game hitting streak. He also has an insane 54 steals through May 29th. On the pitching side of things Tony Cingrani continues to lead the way with a 1.11 ERA in 56.2 innings with 13 walks and 71 strikeouts which rank first and second in the league. It's supposed to be a hitters league :thumb:

Dayton- Kurtis Muller has done his part to try and get the team out of the offensive funk it has been on with a .441/.472/.676 in his 8 games since being called up from extended spring training. Ryan Wright has been on fire lately despite his hitting streak coming to an end last night. He has hit .486/.513/.676 over his last 10 games with 7 doubles. He is hitting .349/.384/.491 in May overall. Kyle Waldrop won the Midwest League player of the week this past week and has hit .297/.350/.459 over his last 10 games.

Good thing they have some solid pitching prospects because other than Hamilton it's looks slim on the hitter side.

Agreed they traded away their hitters and I hope they stock up in the first few rounds of the draft unless their is just a can't miss pitching prospect that falls to them...

Is Shaffer the 3B from Clemson? I'm hoping they go for him at #14. Have heard they really like Marrero (sp?) the Sun Devil SS, but I'm not too keen on the fact he's compared to Rey Ordonez.

Shaffer is the 3B from Clemson and he seems like a kid that could fast track to the bigs...I absolutely love the kid and he has been mocked to the Reds, I sure hope it happens...I posted about him a bit in this thread, there is a video included...http://bluegrasspreps.com/major-league-baseball/2012-mlb-draft-235127.html

June 1st Update

Last night at Bakersfield Billy Hamilton was 3-for-6 with his 56th and 57th stolen bases. and Theo Bowe added his 23rd total (11th at A+) with 2 hits of his own. Billy's 57 SB's have come in just 50 Games, he has also missed a handful of games due to a death in the family...145 is the Record set by Vince Coleman, Billy is on pace right now for 158...