Bracken County 12 Bishop Brossart 0

Bracken struck in the top of the second when Madison Ishmael hit a solo shot to right field. And I'm thinking they scored the rest of their runs in the top of the third. Ishmael was the offensive leader for BC. Emma Conley turned in a very impressive pitching performance.

That's the extent of what I can give you. I'm sure Big Green Horse will fill in the other details.

Bracken struck in the top of the second when Madison Ishmael hit a solo shot to right field. And I'm thinking they scored the rest of their runs in the top of the third. Ishmael was the offensive leader for BC. Emma Conley turned in a very impressive pitching performance.

That's the extent of what I can give you. I'm sure Big Green Horse will fill in the other details.

After a loss, I think not.

Wow, I would have never expected that score!

Agree. Brossart may not been very strong pitching but I thought they would at least score a few runs. Definitely surprised by the margin of victory. Congrats to Bracken County on the victory,

This week is the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. On Monday the Lady 'Stangs ship didn't sink but it bounced off the iceberg.

“It certainly wasn't what we were looking for,” exclaimed Bishop Brossart head coach Tom Baynum after surveying the damage of the Lady 'Stangs loss to Bracken County. “I am extremely disapointed with that performance. We didn't put the ball in play, we had only two hits, we made 8 errors, we struck out 8 times, we got behind on their hitters, the list is long.”

When the dust settled Bracken County's Polar Bears had clawed their way to a 12-0 win over Bishop Brossart at Pendery Park.

Brossart had runners on second and third with two out in the second but failed to score in their only serious threat of the game.

Bracken County sent 33 batters to the plate in five innings while scoring 8 unearned runs capitalizing on Brossart mistakes.

“It's disapointing when you have a team that has our potential to be very good,” sighed Baynum. “If you want to be a top tier team you have to be ready to play every game. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, whether your out of school, or what the situation is. You have to be mentally ready to play the game.”

Bishop Brossart is now 7-2 and Bracken County 6-8 after the loss. The nice thing is, with the All “A” Classic coming up they have a chance to beat Nicholas County and get another shot at Bracken Co. next week.

Next up Brossart needs to bounce back and keep atop the NKAC race beating NCC on Tuesday. The Lady 'Stangs crushed NCC last season 7-0.

In the junior varsity game Monday, Brossart dominated Bracken Co. winning easily 7-1. Mark Kay Rielly, who pitched over two innings of shutout ball in the varsity game allowed just two hits and struck out 5 in winning the JV team's fifth game of the season in four innings. Amanda Lloyd led the tema with two hits and an rbi. Lloyd and Emily Greis each scored two runs.

Here's the real story with the real stats :)

Bracken's young squad played a good game considering nearly the entire infield was out of position since C.Jefferson, their 3rd baseman and clean up hitter, was unable to play in tonight's game. BC rightfielder, Madison Ishmael, launched a long shot over the right field fence in the 2nd, making it 1-0. Brossart was unable to generate any offense tonight as Bracken's young pitcher, Conley, kept them off balance by striking out 8, giving no free passes, and allowing no hits. Bracken had four errors and allowed four baserunners---that's the real story. Bracken's offense came alive in the 3rd when they scored 11 runs. I don't remember very many Brossart fielding errors---maybe 2 or 3.

While Bracken may have gotten beat by Oldham County in a pretty bad loss, as fellow poster Big Green Horse, was so quick to point out in another thread, it seems that playing some tough competition is beginning to pay off for the Lady Bears. Brossart's record may be better than Bracken's but records can be misleading. Bracken plays a tough schedule, and in the long run, it should simply make the young Lady Bears better as the season progresses.

And in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I got to say 'bout that." My momma always liked to quote Forrest Gump

Im sure your avatar describes you perfectly :deadhorse:

Actually I wasn't too far off. Only four earned runs out of the twelve runs scored, according to your stats.

By the way, I like my avatar. You have no idea, and who knows I could have named it after the BGH, who ever he may be. :D