Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio County Basketball Player Seriously Injured

Featured Replies

Monday evening, Josh Clemons who plays on the Ohio County basketball team, was seriously injured in a vehicle crash. Please remember this player, his family, and his team mates/friends in your thoughts and prayers. He is in ICU at the Owensboro Mercy hospital with head trauma, several facial fractures and cuts.

That's terrible. He's a very talented player. Get well soon, Josh.

Prayers from Boyd Co.

Prayers from Park Hills.

prayers from Lee Co.

Get well soon

Is it life threatening? Lets hope not

My prayers are with him

Prayers from NKYBOY and St. Henry. Josh is a very nice player. Keep us updated.

Hate to hear that, he is a senior right. Hopefully this will not end his season, although I'm sure that is the least of anybody's worries at this point.

We too have had tradgedy in the 16th region. I hope nothing but the best for him and his family from all at Boyd Co.

Prayers from up in the 9th to a nice kid and great player.

  • Author

Josh is doing better as each day goes by!!! All of the injuries were to his face area. I believe he had something like 22 fractures. He has quite a bit of swelling, but I was told that they were able to get him moving around this morning and hope to have him move around three or four times this afternoon/evening to help displace the fluid build-up. If that happens, they will move him from ICU to a regular room in the morning. There were no major injuries from his neck down.

 

Josh has a long road for recovery, but he is a tough kid. He will have to have quite a bit of surgery to repair the fractures. Keep him and his family in your prayers, please.

 

A couple of his teammates stayed with him all Monday night at the hospital when the accident happened and most of the next day. I am so proud of not only these kids, but ALL of the school kids and his teammates that have come to the hospital to support Josh and his family. I am not part of the family, but I know his mom would want me to thank everyone for your prayers and support. Special thanks to the teams that have called and asked about him. That means a lot to not only Josh and his family, but to us other team parents too. With the caring attitude of all these kids state-wide, I am not worried about the future of our country. They will lead us well when it is their turn.

 

I will try to keep better updates, but forgive me if I am slow, as I spend most of my time at the hospital and at work. Also please keep in your mind his teammates as they will have to struggle through this sad event and have it on their minds as they try to play Saturday in a game in Illinois.

Thanks for such a great update. :thumb: Will be looking forward to your next one. Team, family and friends are in my prayers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.