2013 10th Region

With this season behind us it's time to look forward to some of the top teams and players next year.

Many of this years contenders lose key players but bring back their top players. Montgomery Co- Prewitt, Pendleton Co- Monroe, Campbell Co.- McGovney/Holbrook, Brossart- Saunders, Augusta- Bach.

Clark Co. loses their starting five again, will they reload again? Mason Co. loses 5 seniors but return Chambers/Johnson.

No one returns more than Scott who only loses one senior, return 8 juniors including all region performer Nick Jackson.

Thoughts?

GRC will loose 8 senior this year. No returning starters. Very little returning varsity experince again next year. Again we will loose more players than any other team.

Guess Coach will be going to the Y and see if he can find any more "Howards" playing.....biggrin.gif

My Top 5, 7 months before the season starts would be:

1. Montgomery County- Would think they'd be the preseason favorite again. Return three starters (Omar Prewitt, Darius Jones, Austin Crisp) from a 23-11 campaign, including the best player in the region IMO in Prewitt. Crisp and Jones will only be Juniors.

2. Scott- Only loses one senior from this year. Senior Nick Jackson won't surprise anyone this year.

3. Pendleton County- Returns three starters (Mason Monroe, Garrett Appleman, Ethan Moore) and their first two off the bench.

4. Campbell County- Returns two All-Region performers in Nate McGovney and Corey Holbrook.

5. Harrison County- Only lose 2 contributing seniors from a 17-12 campaign, but one was All-Region performer Caleb Ford.

I should know by now to not exclude Clark County and Mason County, from my top 5, but looks like I did again..

My Top 5, 7 months before the season starts would be:

1. Montgomery County- Would think they'd be the preseason favorite again. Return three starters (Omar Prewitt, Darius Jones, Austin Crisp) from a 23-11 campaign, including the best player in the region IMO in Prewitt. Crisp and Jones will only be Juniors.

2. Scott- Only loses one senior from this year. Senior Nick Jackson won't surprise anyone this year.

3. Pendleton County- Returns three starters (Mason Monroe, Garrett Appleman, Ethan Moore) and their first two off the bench.

4. Campbell County- Returns two All-Region performers in Nate McGovney and Corey Holbrook.

5. Harrison County- Only lose 2 contributing seniors from a 17-12 campaign, but one was All-Region performer Caleb Ford.

I should know by now to not exclude Clark County and Mason County, from my top 5, but looks like I did again..

No Brossart????

I would put Brossart at 5. Mason, Harrison at 5, 6.

It will be interesting to see how Augusta does. They lose 9 seniors but have a very talented 8th grade team that will be freshman. They return two starters, one of which being the best PG in the region in Brent Bach.

Mason Monroe? Bach is good, but that title belongs to Monroe.

I was debating whether to put them or Harrison County at 5. I know they lose Jennings, but return Alex Trentman, Justin Saunders and their point guard (Uebel?). I don't know too much about them beyond that.

I would have Brossart as my #2 team behind Montgomery Co. They won the Freshman tourney 2 years ago. They will all be juniors this coming year. Look for them to contend strong for the title the next 2 years.

I enjoy all the input but unfortunately, the season will be cut short due to the demise of all humanity on December 21. The timing of that event really stinks. That means no Christmas tournaments. :cry:

That means no Christmas turkey (again) for Mr. Parker.

Don't get me wrong, I think Monroe is outstanding. Bach is a year younger and a potential Division 1 talent. The way he finished the season I think he's the most talented and savy pg in the region.

If Bach is a D1 player, I'm Captain America.