Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 67 Notre Dame 63

Featured Replies

Kellogg agreed with the call once he figured out who the violation was on. :idunno:

 

 

No he didn't!!! He came back for his final comments and said, "My head is about to explode, These officials..............

and then went on to say how calling the lane violation and the intention foul were wrong.

 

AND he repeatedly said the defender could break the plane of the 3-point arc when the shooter released the ball - WHICH IS INCORRECT.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet you guys are glad I rarely watch college basketball. :D

  • Author
I don't care that much so I'm not going to do that. I said lane violation in general. Do we just allow the guys inside to ignore rules all game and only call the violation on the guys outside? Not sure it matters where the violation occurs.

 

It's a violation in the lane if a player steps in and onto the floor before the ball is released. You saw a bunch of that ?

  • Author
No he didn't!!! He came back for his final comments and said, "My head is about to explode, These officials..............

and then went on to say how calling the lane violation and the intention foul were wrong.

 

AND he repeatedly said the defender could break the plane of the 3-point arc when the shooter released the ball - WHICH IS INCORRECT.

 

He did eventually correct himself and say it was a good call.

Am I accurate in saying that almost 1/4 of the remaining field consists of Kentucky & Ohio schools? UK, UL, Murray State, Ohio State, Ohio U, UC, XU? 7 out of 32. Am I missing anyone else?

It's a violation in the lane if a player steps in and onto the floor before the ball is released. You saw a bunch of that ?

Yeah, happens all the time and very very very rarely called.

He did eventually correct himself and say it was a good call.

 

BUT he said that at that stage of the game "after 40 minutes of busting their humps out there, it shouldn't have been called."

I remember the Cousins tip vs. Mississippi State, Wall was outside the 3 pt. line & crossed too early. Didn't get called.

 

I didn't remember it being as obvious as the one tonight but after watching the clip again he was even deeper into the paint than the ND player.

I didn't remember it being as obvious as the one tonight but after watching the clip again he was even deeper into the paint than the ND player.

 

I didn't pick it up until I got on some message boards, but he was clearly in there early.

Clyde, while we are on the subject can you call a double lane violation?

  • Author
I didn't pick it up until I got on some message boards, but he was clearly in there early.

 

We all agree that because a call is missed it doesn't preclude officials from making the correct calls in subsequent games, correct?

We all agree that because a call is missed it doesn't preclude officials from making the correct calls in subsequent games, correct?

 

Absolutely agree.

Yeah, happens all the time and very very very rarely called.

 

You getting college hoops confused with the NBA?

  • Author
Clyde, while we are on the subject can you call a double lane violation?

 

Yes.

 

If A1 (offense) and B1(defense) both violate at the same time wave off the shot.

 

If B1 goes first and THEN A1 follows you ignore the violation on A1.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.