Xavier 67 Notre Dame 63

Clyde

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. I want them to start calling lane violation during the earlier parts of the game because it happens about 20 times a game. Intentional foul call was garbage.

100% correct. You can't reach out and yank a jersey when a player is running away. Easy call.

Never blatant like that one.

Every foul down the stretch is blatant. Why aren't they intentional? They inbound the ball and the guy gets bear hugged and that's not intentional? I'd love to see replay of all the foul shots in that game. I bet you can could at least 5-10 lane violations that were not called. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been called because it was obviously early but you can't pick and choose when you want to call that.

Unbelievable. I want them to start calling lane violation during the earlier parts of the game because it happens about 20 times a game. Intentional foul call was garbage.

The intentional foul was 100% legitimate. You can't grab somebody's jersey like that & just hang on.

It was a disappointing end to the game because it was dominated by the officials, but I think the officials made the right calls.

Every foul down the stretch is blatant. Why aren't they intentional? They inbound the ball and the guy gets bear hugged and that's not intentional? I'd love to see replay of all the foul shots in that game. I bet you can could at least 5-10 lane violations that were not called. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been called because it was obviously early but you can't pick and choose when you want to call that.

I agree that it is suspect that you don't see the lane violations called earlier in the game, but it is rare for the player at the 3 point line to crash the boards in the 1st half.

Regarding the intentional foul: it was intentional, no doubt about it. Any time you grab and hold a jersey like that, it's going to be intentional. That was blatant.

I agree that it is suspect that you don't see the lane violations called earlier in the game, but it is rare for the player at the 3 point line to crash the boards in the 1st half.

Agreed. I didn't see that once. It's an easy call for the official.

Regarding the intentional foul: it was intentional, no doubt about it. Any time you grab and hold a jersey like that, it's going to be intentional. That was blatant.

I agree but the guys on the inside go in early all the time.

You think that gets called an intentional foul 5 minutes into the game? Only chance would be if it was on a breakaway layup.

I agree with that. Most of the lane violations I see are from the six guys in the lane. Tonight, though, I saw two or three shooters crossing the line too early. One of them was in the Duke/Lehigh game.

I agree but the guys on the inside go in early all the time.

You think that gets called an intentional foul 5 minutes into the game? Only chance would be if it was on a breakaway layup.

How will we know since it never happens until the end of the game in desperation time?