Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 67 Notre Dame 63

Featured Replies

Final.

 

GREAT win for the boys considering how they started the 2nd half which resulted in a 10-point deficit.

 

Tu showed up big.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. I want them to start calling lane violation during the earlier parts of the game because it happens about 20 times a game. Intentional foul call was garbage.

  • Author
Unbelievable. I want them to start calling lane violation during the earlier parts of the game because it happens about 20 times a game. Intentional foul call was garbage.

 

100% correct. You can't reach out and yank a jersey when a player is running away. Easy call.

100% correct. You can't reach out and yank a jersey when a player is running away. Easy call.

 

Yeah that never happens during a game when guys are running around screens and on rebounds battling for post position.

  • Author

Sir Charles' words tonight are exactly why refs can't win. When they blow calls (ie Syracuse) they get hammered. When they make the right call "let the players decide the game" comes out.

  • Author
Yeah that never happens during a game when guys are running around screens and on rebounds battling for post position.

 

Never blatant like that one.

Both calls were correct, but I see both scenarios happen throughout the duration of a game all the time. Just call them all the time & I'm fine with it.

 

Congrats to XU. Tu was huge.

Never blatant like that one.

 

Every foul down the stretch is blatant. Why aren't they intentional? They inbound the ball and the guy gets bear hugged and that's not intentional? I'd love to see replay of all the foul shots in that game. I bet you can could at least 5-10 lane violations that were not called. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been called because it was obviously early but you can't pick and choose when you want to call that.

Unbelievable. I want them to start calling lane violation during the earlier parts of the game because it happens about 20 times a game. Intentional foul call was garbage.

 

The intentional foul was 100% legitimate. You can't grab somebody's jersey like that & just hang on.

 

It was a disappointing end to the game because it was dominated by the officials, but I think the officials made the right calls.

Every foul down the stretch is blatant. Why aren't they intentional? They inbound the ball and the guy gets bear hugged and that's not intentional? I'd love to see replay of all the foul shots in that game. I bet you can could at least 5-10 lane violations that were not called. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been called because it was obviously early but you can't pick and choose when you want to call that.

 

I agree that it is suspect that you don't see the lane violations called earlier in the game, but it is rare for the player at the 3 point line to crash the boards in the 1st half.

 

Regarding the intentional foul: it was intentional, no doubt about it. Any time you grab and hold a jersey like that, it's going to be intentional. That was blatant.

  • Author
I agree that it is suspect that you don't see the lane violations called earlier in the game, but it is rare for the player at the 3 point line to crash the boards in the 1st half.

 

.

 

Agreed. I didn't see that once. It's an easy call for the official.

I agree that it is suspect that you don't see the lane violations called earlier in the game, but it is rare for the player at the 3 point line to crash the boards in the 1st half.

 

Regarding the intentional foul: it was intentional, no doubt about it. Any time you grab and hold a jersey like that, it's going to be intentional. That was blatant.

 

I agree but the guys on the inside go in early all the time.

 

You think that gets called an intentional foul 5 minutes into the game? Only chance would be if it was on a breakaway layup.

I agree that it is suspect that you don't see the lane violations called earlier in the game, but it is rare for the player at the 3 point line to crash the boards in the 1st half.

 

I agree with that. Most of the lane violations I see are from the six guys in the lane. Tonight, though, I saw two or three shooters crossing the line too early. One of them was in the Duke/Lehigh game.

  • Author
I agree but the guys on the inside go in early all the time.

 

You think that gets called an intentional foul 5 minutes into the game? Only chance would be if it was on a breakaway layup.

 

How will we know since it never happens until the end of the game in desperation time?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.