Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 67 Notre Dame 63

Featured Replies

I agree but the guys on the inside go in early all the time.

 

You think that gets called an intentional foul 5 minutes into the game? Only chance would be if it was on a breakaway layup.

 

And a lot of jersey grabbing in the paint & fighting through screens.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree but the guys on the inside go in early all the time.

 

You think that gets called an intentional foul 5 minutes into the game? Only chance would be if it was on a breakaway layup.

 

Yes, I think it would have been an intentional foul at any point in the game.

 

There is a difference between tugging on someone's jersey while fighting through a screen and grabbing a handful to prevent that person from moving.

How will we know since it never happens until the end of the game in desperation time?

 

 

A guy getting his jersey grabbed? I've seen it happen at any point in a game. Guys in the post, guys rebounding, and guys fighting around screens.

I remember the Cousins tip vs. Mississippi State, Wall was outside the 3 pt. line & crossed too early. Didn't get called.

  • Author

As to the game Cooley is 100% horse. Looks straight out of 1962 casting.

Kellog obviously thinks he is bigger than the game.

 

I'm sitting by myself in my hotel room and thought to myself - lane violation, before it was called.

 

The violator came from outside the 3-point arc. I'm not so sure Kellog has it right. IMO from out there you have to wait for the ball to touch the rim - not when the shooter releases the ball. One of Ernie Liggett's favorite calls. Where is Clyde when we need him?

 

Perhaps it's different in college, or perhaps it's changed, but it was a LANE VIOLATION, and there shouldn't be any argument.

Yes, I think it would have been an intentional foul at any point in the game.

 

It didn't really matter at the point. My main beef is with the lane violation. Obviously it was the correct call but you need to start calling it all game if you are going to call it at that point. You can't simply ignore the guys on the inside all game.

  • Author
Kellog obviously thinks he is bigger than the game.

 

I'm sitting by myself in my hotel room and thought to myself - lane violation, before it was called.

 

The violator came from outside the 3-point lane. I'm not so sure Kellog has it right. IMO from out there you have to wait for the ball to touch the rim - not when the shooter releases the ball. One of Ernie Liggett's favorite calls.

 

Perhaps it's different in college, or perhaps it's changed, but it was a LANE VIOLATION, and there shouldn't be any argument.

 

Rule is anyone outside of the circle cannot penetrate the circle until the ball hits the rim. Kellogg and Nantz were looking at the wrong players initially when they had trouble finding the violation.

Kellog obviously thinks he is bigger than the game.

 

I'm sitting by myself in my hotel room and thought to myself - lane violation, before it was called.

 

The violator came from outside the 3-point lane. I'm not so sure Kellog has it right. IMO from out there you have to wait for the ball to touch the rim - not when the shooter releases the ball. One of Ernie Liggett's favorite calls.

 

Perhaps it's different in college, or perhaps it's changed, but it was a LANE VIOLATION, and there shouldn't be any argument.

 

I thought Kellog initially disputed the call & then said it was correct. My guess is that someone informed him that a player outside the 3 pt. line has to wait for the ball to touch the rim, ala the FT shooter.

  • Author
It didn't really matter at the point. My main beef is with the lane violation. Obviously it was the correct call but you need to start calling it all game.

 

Rewind the tape and show me where that violation (coming from the top of the key) was missed.

As to the game Cooley is 100% horse. Looks straight out of 1962 casting.

 

Cooley? I thought that was still Frankengody.

Kellog obviously thinks he is bigger than the game.

 

I'm sitting by myself in my hotel room and thought to myself - lane violation, before it was called.

 

The violator came from outside the 3-point lane. I'm not so sure Kellog has it right. IMO from out there you have to wait for the ball to touch the rim - not when the shooter releases the ball. One of Ernie Liggett's favorite calls.

 

Perhaps it's different in college, or perhaps it's changed, but it was a LANE VIOLATION, and there shouldn't be any argument.

 

Kellogg agreed with the call once he figured out who the violation was on. :idunno:

 

I immediately rewound the DVR to watch it once the ref blew the whistle. I saw him point to the player who came in too early, but it took me two times to realize where he came from. Without a doubt, he was in early. Good call, although it's unusual for me to see the violator come from the top of the key (although it shouldn't be after last night's Syracuse game.)

Cooley? I thought that was still Frankengody.

 

It is creepy how Notre Dame has a Luke Harangody lookalike every year.

Rewind the tape and show me where that violation (coming from the top of the key) was missed.

 

I don't care that much so I'm not going to do that. I said lane violation in general. Do we just allow the guys inside to ignore rules all game and only call the violation on the guys outside? Not sure it matters where the violation occurs.

Rule is anyone outside of the circle cannot penetrate the circle until the ball hits the rim. Kellogg and Nantz were looking at the wrong players initially when they had trouble finding the violation.

 

There you are! Yea, I got one right. Thought so.

 

When the shooter released the ball this defender goes flashing past him, well before the ball hit the rim.

 

Lane violation!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.