Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boys’ Sweet Sixteen matchups

Featured Replies

Since I'm a sucker for statistics and research, I noticed something when going over the results from the Regional Tournaments. What do Marshall County, Oldham County, Boone County, and Johnson Central all have in common?

 

The first person who answers correctly, I will owe them a drink down at the State Tournament. It's not much, but hey.

 

They all made the Sweet 16 this year.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all have left handed point guards that can dunk from a mini-tramp.

OK...nevermind...they are the 4 region champions who in the process of winning their region defeated a team from the other 3 districts during their region tournament. I know it's a little complicated, but that's how I roll.

  • Author
Dont have any idea, but I know that Oldham is giving up 45ppg for the year that is #1 in the state. Is it points given up?

 

Awsome stat. Is GRC second? I believe we only give up something like 47ppg.

Wouldn't it be neat if Trinity played Scott Cpunty in the championship game? It would be just like in football.

Has any school won championship in football and in basketball in one year.

Has any school won championship in football and in basketball in one year.

 

This was brought up earlier in the season and the answer at that time was no, but I don't know for sure.

  • Author

Looks like some good matchups. Any thoughts as to who will win in the first round?

Looks like some good matchups. Any thoughts as to who will win in the first round?

 

Was waiting for the contest thread to come out, but at first glance I like:

 

Rowan County

Hopkinsville

Trinity

George Rogers Clark

Bowling Green

Boone County

Scott County

John Hardin

  • Author
Was waiting for the contest thread to come out, but at first glance I like:

 

Rowan County

Hopkinsville

Trinity

George Rogers Clark

Bowling Green

Boone County

Scott County

John Hardin

 

I sorta agree. Think Knott Co Central will beat Boone Co. One to watch is the Rowan Co/North Laurel game....could see a upset there.

I sorta agree. Think Knott Co Central will beat Boone Co. One to watch is the Rowan Co/North Laurel game....could see a upset there.

 

I picked Rowan County, because I would like to see them make a similar run as last year, not sure if they have the same personnel to do it or not, but I agree, North Laurel would be the upset pick there. While Boone County's history would tell me to pick Knott, I have to go with my heart there and root for the Senior-laden Rebel team. Somehow, I might feel better if Boone advanced far in the Tournament since they did beat us this year, I don't know.

Has any school won championship in football and in basketball in one year.

 

Never done

OK...nevermind...they are the 4 region champions who in the process of winning their region defeated a team from the other 3 districts during their region tournament. I know it's a little complicated, but that's how I roll.

 

I'm sure you are right, but so was I.:D

  • Author

Here's how the boys' Sweet Sixteen teams were rated in the state by Dave Cantrall before the district tournaments began:

1. Trinity

3. Scott County

7. Bullitt East

10. Bowling Green

11. Oldham County

21. Southwestern

22. Marshall County

23. Clark County

25. Hopkinsville

30. Rowan County

33. John Hardin

40. Boone County

43. Knott Central

110. Apollo

126. North Laurel

134. Johnson Central.

 

Read more here: Mike Fields' notebook: Southwestern's Wright has two proteges in state tournament | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

OK...nevermind...they are the 4 region champions who in the process of winning their region defeated a team from the other 3 districts during their region tournament. I know it's a little complicated, but that's how I roll.

 

I though I was ate up on stats. :D

Oldham Co is my sleeper to get to Saturday morning and possibly earn a trip to the finals but they will have their hands full with Scott Co if both meet in the Final Four.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.