Everything posted by manimal_tops
-
Pineville 46 North Laurel 42
I love how you all are giving up on Pineville. They are the same team that almost beat Corbin last week. The same team that took Knox Central to OT this week. The same team that beat: Cumberland, Clay Co., Bell Co., and everyone else in the region they have played besides the two teams I mentioned ealier. They had a bad game, big deal. Give them the respect they deserve for once. The Villager is right. They have overcame a lot of obstacles this season. Obstacles no other team in the region has faced to my knowledge. Proving you all wrong will just be another obstacle for them to master. Go Lions! Congrats on setting a new school record of number of wins during a season!
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 14 - Feb. 20
Sorry, I misread it. I guess I assumed since you didn't count the Clay County game as a win that you counted it as a loss. Good Rankings this week!
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 14 - Feb. 20
Okay, I have no problem with Pineville at 5 its a very logical choice. Let me just say one thing. Pineville is 3-3 in the past 6 games while being 3-2 agaisnt regional opponents. They haven't lost 3 games to regional opponents all season. The only 2 came in the last week against your Number 1 and number 2 teams. The three wins in the past 6 games came agaisnt Clay County, Williamsburg, and Harlan. The third loss in the last 6 games came when Pineville played in their first ever State All "A" classic tournament agaisnt a very good Bardstown team that they led by as much as 13. I just wanted to clear up the confussion on your reasons for concern.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 7 -Feb. 13
Mr. Potato head, don't worry about my studies. I do just fine in that regard.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 7 -Feb. 13
Lynn Camp hasn't beat anyone worth something since that game. They lost to Bville and Jellico. Middlesboro is better than Bville, they just had a bad game. I admit Williamsburg is misplaced but other than that and maybe the campers being one or two places low I don't see anything wrong with my rankings. Top 10 is all that matters.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 7 -Feb. 13
Sorry, I am in school and its kinda hard to check up on the Bluegrasspreps forum when you have a Molecular and Cell test. Heres how I see the 13th as of right now... 1. Corbin 2. South Laurel 3. Knox Central 4. Pineville 5. Cumberland 6. Jackson Co. 7. Bell Co. 8. Clay Co. 9. North Laurel 10. Cawood 11. Whitley 12. Middlesboro 13. Barbourville 14. Williamsburg 15. Red Bird 16. Lynn Camp 17. Harlan 18. Evarts 19. OBI
-
When Will Middlesboro schedule Bell County again?
I don't see how it is helping either program. Its just a game to satisfy the citizens. They play, both sides get heated up and sometimes fight. Players are put in vulnerable positions in a physical game that doesn't mean jack. Why WOULD they play? Rivalry has died over the past 15 years on the gridiron. On the hardwood however, there is no excuse for any team to refuse to play another unless there is a history of violence between the two. You might want to ask the Bell County fans why the Bobcats wouldn't play the Pineville Mountain Lions in basketball a few years back, when Coach Strange tried numerous times to open up dates to schedule the Cats and Whitaker refused!...
-
2008 Pineville
They are big names when they would start for Pineville right now and probably make the All-SEKC team over Pineville's upper classmen. The players I named will be big time players for Bell County in the next few years.
-
Top Juniors--Class of 2009
James Strange - Pineville He has been a starter at a pretty solid Pineville program since he was in 8th grade. The kid is super talented and should be considered one of the best if not the best junior in the 13th region.
-
2008 Pineville
I am not sure of the kids last name but Dominic Carter maybe? He went to Pineville until 6th or 7th grade when they realized what a running back he could be and he has been at Bell Co. since. Jeremy Mills(not sure on the first name) went to Pineville. Ben Madon who should be a big name before he graduates went to Pineville. All of them transfer in the early middleschool years. Those are just a few of the big names I can think off the top of my head that play for Bell county right now. Then you have Clint Cashen and Rob Madon at Corbin. Both went to Pineville until 6th or 7th grade. I understand that these players want better recognition and to get that they need to go to a bigger school with more "recent" tradition. But looking over the past 20 years Pineville could have built into a real region threat year in and year out with players that went to other schools. If you look at the success Pineville is having in basketball right now, you would see the formula that they are trying to do in football. You start getting the kids interested early with booster ball and then the ones that love it and are devoted to it the parents and coaches work with them. Pineville has a really successful football program among the younger kids. The middleschool (7th and 8th) went gone undefeated not too long ago and so did the 5th and 6th grade. Thats not just one year either, they usually win 7 or 8 games out of 10 or so. Then you have teams for kindergarten and up. But it just seems like everytime you see a player that just looks like he is really going to make an impact on the turn around of the program he leaves for another school.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 7 -Feb. 13
Yea, I am glad Pineville took the title "51st district" with them or I would still be trying to get use to it.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 7 -Feb. 13
None of the teams you listed will represent the 51st. Pineville and Knox Central will. I think your talking about the 52nd.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Feb. 7 -Feb. 13
Other than number one your rankings are all messed up my friend.
-
Bell Co. 60 Cumberland 58 (OT)
Not the only controversial ending that occurred in the region this year or that particular night actually. Like I said about the Pineville-Corbin game, these controversial calls will benefit the losing team come tourney time if they use it as firing power and play with a chip on their shoulder. Pineville and Cumberland both will be just fine when district and region rolls around.
-
Pineville 71 Williamsburg 60
If Pineville is on the decline then I guess Corbin isn't on their way to the region title like most of you on this thread seem to believe. If the hounds can barely beat a declining Pineville, how will they fair against South or Clay Co.? Pineville will be just fine as will Corbin and if they get past Lynn Camp in district which most of you think they won't, whomever they play will be shaking in their hightops because the Lions will be ready to blaze a path to Rupp.
-
Pineville 71 Williamsburg 60
Corbin better hope Lynn Camp wins district and Pineville doesn't make it to play them in region. Pineville will have a chip on their shoulder and they won't need a half court shot to win.
-
Pineville 71 Williamsburg 60
I expected a wild fire from all the Corbin supporters and I was right. I have moved on and so has the Mountain Lions. They have a big match up with a struggling Knox Central team this week. Should be another great one.
-
Pineville 71 Williamsburg 60
I am just going by scores of late but Williamsburg looks like they might have an upset in them. Whoever plays them in district better watch out. However, tonights score might be a product of Pineville having a win taken away from them at Corbin last night.
-
Corbin 58 Pineville 56
I totally disagree with the call by the referee. The number of free throws is solid evidence that the game was a very loosly called game throughout and that was a very touchy foul when considering the circumstances. That aside, even if it was a foul the basket should have counted and Pineville should have won with a chance of a free throw. In regards to those who think that Corbin should have ran away with the game. Pineville played their usual zone at the beginning to try and slow the tempo and Corbin was hot shooting all night so that didn't last long. Corbin built a lead and Pineville switched to man. Corbin even shot well with Pineville in man, but it did slow them down enough for the Mountain Lions to catch back up and make it a game. It was a close game just like it should have been. Neither side should have won by big numbers. I feel that if these teams play in the region (knox central which is a neutral court***), the outcome may just be a little bit different. I don't have anything else to say about this game or either team for the time being. Good luck to the Redhounds and the Mountain Lions in the future. Hopefully, they will meet again in the postseason.
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Jan. 31 - Feb. 7
Yea, but as the season has progressed people have doubted them because of a "weak schedule". Thats what I was referring to.
-
2008 Pineville
Pineville really has a problem with keeping the in town talent in their school system. A lot of the big name players at Bell Co. High school actually started out at Pineville. Back in the day Pineville was a force to be reckoned with. Until Dudley leaves Bell High and Pineville can keep their players from transfering I can't see a district title anytime soon. Coach Elam is doing a good job of rebuilding an offense that has struggled since winning the district in 2000. The defense is what needs the most help. As a graduate from the program, weight training is probably one of the biggest things Pineville needs to work on to turn the program around as their lack of size seems to be a big problem in a lot of their games. Pineville football is really important to me and I can't wait til the program is back to its elite status in the mountains. Go Lions!
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Jan. 31 - Feb. 7
Now, if only Pineville can pull it off agaisnt Corbin. People on here(besides Les, who has done a good job) may give the Mountain Lions credit for being a region contender! We aren't sure what the bracket is going to look like for the region tourney just yet, but this may be a preview to the region Championship game! Of course, I shouldn't say that because who the heck knows in the 13th region this year?
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Jan. 31 - Feb. 7
I call Middlesboro to win the region. They are a young yet veteran group of girls that will press your butt all night long. Their only loss coming to a Corbin team that they had beat previously by double digits. Every team is entitled to a bad game. Coach Elgie Green will have these girls cutting down the nets at the end of the region tournament.
-
Pineville 44 Clay Co 40 (OT)
Good win for Pineville. Now we can look forward to the Corbin game on Thursday!
-
Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings Jan. 31 - Feb. 7
Of course! I'm from the hills of Eastern Kentucky living ontop of the "hill" in Bowling Green.