Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Pineville

Featured Replies

What does Pineville need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pineville really has a problem with keeping the in town talent in their school system. A lot of the big name players at Bell Co. High school actually started out at Pineville. Back in the day Pineville was a force to be reckoned with. Until Dudley leaves Bell High and Pineville can keep their players from transfering I can't see a district title anytime soon. Coach Elam is doing a good job of rebuilding an offense that has struggled since winning the district in 2000. The defense is what needs the most help. As a graduate from the program, weight training is probably one of the biggest things Pineville needs to work on to turn the program around as their lack of size seems to be a big problem in a lot of their games. Pineville football is really important to me and I can't wait til the program is back to its elite status in the mountains. Go Lions!

You know its tough down there at Pineville when they couldnt keep one certain kid that is a freshman at Bell this year. His brother played for Pville, dad coaches and works down there and the youngest son has ended up at Bell.

Pineville really has a problem with keeping the in town talent in their school system. A lot of the big name players at Bell Co. High school actually started out at Pineville. Back in the day Pineville was a force to be reckoned with. Until Dudley leaves Bell High and Pineville can keep their players from transfering I can't see a district title anytime soon. Coach Elam is doing a good job of rebuilding an offense that has struggled since winning the district in 2000. The defense is what needs the most help. As a graduate from the program, weight training is probably one of the biggest things Pineville needs to work on to turn the program around as their lack of size seems to be a big problem in a lot of their games. Pineville football is really important to me and I can't wait til the program is back to its elite status in the mountains. Go Lions!

 

Exactly who would be those big names?

]Exactly who would be those big names[/b]?

 

Ya, I would for sure like to hear this one also.:confused:

Shawn Woolum is the only one for me that comes to mind. Was Enoch Huff always a Bell Co. boy?

 

None of the "greats" I can think of were ever really Pineville boys.

Shawn Woolum is the only one for me that comes to mind. Was Enoch Huff always a Bell Co. boy?

 

None of the "greats" I can think of were ever really Pineville boys.

 

Shawn Woolum played at Bell Co. ? What year?

I know there was a Woolum that played QB in the mid 90's. I think it was Shawn.

I know there was a Woolum that played QB in the mid 90's. I think it was Shawn.

 

Was he any good?

He wasnt bad. He was a big name, and that is what was asked for. QB is always a big name at Bell Co., doesnt mean they were great.

He wasnt bad. He was a big name, and that is what was asked for. QB is always a big name at Bell Co., doesnt mean they were great.

 

Did he even start at pineville or was he a backup?

Pineville really has a problem with keeping the in town talent in their school system. A lot of the big name players at Bell Co. High school actually started out at Pineville. Back in the day Pineville was a force to be reckoned with. Until Dudley leaves Bell High and Pineville can keep their players from transfering I can't see a district title anytime soon. Coach Elam is doing a good job of rebuilding an offense that has struggled since winning the district in 2000. The defense is what needs the most help. As a graduate from the program, weight training is probably one of the biggest things Pineville needs to work on to turn the program around as their lack of size seems to be a big problem in a lot of their games. Pineville football is really important to me and I can't wait til the program is back to its elite status in the mountains. Go Lions!

 

I think he is talking about currently?????????????? I guess. Still can't come up with one. Only player I can think of is the Mills boy that has been at Bell school system for 2-3 years and played some this year as a freshman.

I think he is talking about currently?????????????? I guess. Still can't come up with one. Only player I can think of is the Mills boy that has been at Bell school system for 2-3 years and played some this year as a freshman.

 

What postion did he play for the cats this year.

To act like you knew a lot about Bell Co. football in saying you wanted to hear what he had to say, you sure do have a lot of questions...

To act like you knew a lot about Bell Co. football in saying you wanted to hear what he had to say, you sure do have a lot of questions...

 

Then again maybe I was just seeing what all he knew.:cool:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.