Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Footloose

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Footloose

  1. I believe Lauren Hargett of Walton achieved it last year.
  2. Tuff to take a Win in a close game on the Panthers home court! They have some great fans! Congrats Panthers!
  3. Wasn't at the game so did Scott even come close to Boone at any point in the game?
  4. I think also better communication from the coaches on how a player would/could be used in games or game situations as well as players knowing how they can contribute to the team is vital. So when those situations come up, the player can contribute to the team even if the player is not an all star. Sometimes also coaches are afraid to cut players at the try outs and then what often happens is the player doesn't get any or much playing time and they become unhappy and believe that why was I good enough to make the team but not good enough to get some playing time. So I believe the blame can be put on both the coaching staff and the player. I'm not much on using younger team mates to stir up the older team mates. I don't think this benefits the team, it could cause a dividing line in the long run. We're not talking college or professional ball here. It's high school ball where you're suppose to have fun, learn, and do your best to your ability, and enjoy the competition. I'll pick Walton by 12.
  5. Cat Pride24, not sure about Holmes. They are a good team. They have several girls who have the inside and outside game down. Does Ryle have many seniors on the team? I heard they are a fairly young team.
  6. See even Gallatin saw the advantage of hiring a coach who knew the girls and that is an asset to their team. As for the parents and fans of WV, I believe most of the parents were excited about a new coach because quite a few had made it know that they didn't care for Lubbe's coaching methods. I believe the new coach had the majority of the support from the parents and administration in the first year but now that year 2 has rolled around I believe alot of the parents and fans would love to see another coaching change. No changes or improvement from the last year. No matter what you say, the coach IS the LEADER of the team otherwise, why have one? Look at a good team, it equals a good coach!
  7. I'm going to throw in my 2 cents worth. I've watched this team for the past 6 years plus. Not sure why Lubbe was asked to stop coaching at WV but it seemed like they were looking for a "woman" coach. I believe they even ask the JV Coach Ame Burger to take the job but she refused. I heard they were looking for a person who also had to be a full time teacher also. I don't believe that they looked very hard. The current coach Rosin. I believe this is her first year as a varsity coach. She's very young and inexperienced. She doesn't have the respect of the girls because of her coaching skills and personality. I've seen other teams in the 8th region replace coaches and not have the struggle that WV has. Example: Look at Gallatin. They have replaced their coach several years ago and they have a young coach, Coach Roberts. She seems to be respected and coaches a tuff game and the team plays well together. They have improved a lot since she took over. She has great coaching skills as a young coach and knows her team. I hate to say it but WV coaching lacks coaching skills and knowing her teams strengths and weaknesses even if they are a average team. When this happens, it effects the whole team. She misses some of the basic things that leaves lots of people wondering what is going on. I've also heard talk from some upcoming team members parents that they are concerned about the program and they are not sure if they want their daughters involved. It's sad to watch.
  8. I don't see the final score post! Guess it's a game Walton wants to forget. Walton was truly out classed in this game. I guess the Walton coach wanted her girls to take a beating by rescheduling this game. Don't understand why Walton coaching kept playing man to man. Don't know that zone would have allowed them the win but Holmes was quicker and better skilled than Walton. Don't understand why Walton fans thought they had a chance to win this game. Also why does coaches take varsity players out and put in JV players in the 4 quarter? I know that in this game Walton didn't have a chance but the JV players have already played a game previous to the varsity game. Why don't coaches use this opportunity to allow varsity players to play and to learn in these kind of situations?
  9. I'm sure this was a "confidence" builder for Gallatin. Was Cov Latin having a bad game or was Gallatin just knocking down everything they shot? Congrats to Gallatin on the win.
  10. Holmes has a couple of girls that could give Walton some trouble. These teams have not played each other in at least 4 years of more that I'm aware of. Walton's playing on Holmes hardwood also. If Walton's defense shows up, they have a chance otherwise, I believe Holmes will have the win.
  11. I believe this will be a good game. But Carroll will probably end up with the win. Carroll by 15.
  12. Congrats to Cory. It's been fun watching you play through the years. You have worked hard and deserve it. http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/lol.gif :lol:http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/lol.gif :lol:
  13. I believe this will be a close game also. The center for Trimble I believe her name is Miller is good for getting rebounds and putting some points on the board. Not sure who their shooter is this year. I'm sure Walton wants the win after their last game. I'll predict 45-42 Walton.
  14. Is Owen suffering some injuries?
  15. I don't believe Walton can put out the win even though I'd like it to happen. Hargett has not scored more than 14 points in past games against SK. Toliver is more physical and stronger than Hargett. SK is stronger and deeper in their bench as well. If Dixon from Walton plays a good game and Heeger, Sargent, and Krall hit their points, they could make it interesting. Walton has to play great and SK has to be in foul trouble and be off on their shooting and scoring. I'll predict SK 75 and Walton 60.
  16. I also believe Walton has lost a lot of heart since the coaching change. It seems to me the girls struggle and are somewhat unsure of themselves not to mention confidence that they can get the job done and win. I believe they have all the talent in the world but lack heart, passion, and coaching. It will be an interesting game tonight!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.