Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

danky325

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by danky325

  1. 4:52 2nd quarter Helton makes lay up goes to line for an and one, misses freethrow, LCA makes following steal and Helton fouled going to the line for 2 freethrows LCA 24 Lafayette 18 Time out LCA
  2. 5:25 in second LCA 21 lafayette 17
  3. 7:01 in second time out LCA 21 Lafayette 12
  4. End of 1st quarter LCA 16 Lafayette 12
  5. That is a good observation, with the exception of Lexington Catholic I have noticed very very low turn out among the student bodies at the Lexington Schools. In fact when LCA played at Dunbar, they pulled in the Dunbar baseball team to sit under one of the goals, and if they hadn't brought in the baseball team I would have to estimate that LCA had more fans there than Dunbar. I noticed a similiar low turn out at Tates Creek, however, that was a Saturday game. Perhaps it's the flu hitting schools, or just apathy after the start of the year. However, Dunbar has a very good team, I would think they would get more support.
  6. It's never good to compare games with other teams, however GRC and LCA split games this year, LCA right at the beginning of the year when GRC was finding itself, then GRC later knocked off LCA on their own home court. However, with LCA defeating Lafayette 77 to 52 at home last night, and playing without a starter, who was nursing the flu, I will have to take GRC by 14 points. Why 14 points, I dunno.
  7. Will Evans of LCA is a 6'5" sophomore that started for LCA this year.
  8. My son played AAU ball with Vee and he was a year behind him, and as my son is a senior, so I believe Vee is a Junior
  9. Thank you for pointing that out, as that is exactly what we did, our kids would have had to attend at first a middle school in Lexington that was one of the largest in the state, and then High School meant being in a district with a school I didn't want them to attend, and it has nothing to do with athletics.
  10. Well put, we have lost a lot.
  11. To be accurate Nevitt got in for one SECOND not one Minute. He could not have contact with any players due to his knee, but did get to step onto the court for an ALL A game one last "second".
  12. Let's put having it the hardest into perspect about what really matters. If anyone saw the LCA/Bishop Brossert game what you saw at the beginning was a little boy from LCA's 5/6 grade teams whose father died a few weeks ago, standing on the court jumping as high as he could to bump chest with the "big boys" as they were introduced, and Patrick Nevitt, who lost his senior season due to knee surgery and facing a second surgery, getting in with one minute left in the game, when all was decided. So those starting and ending images is what this is all about, not the game of basketball, but the challenges dealt to young men in their lives, and for the moment enjoy the fun that is basketball. Too often we adults steal that joy from these young men, but some how they overcome these road blocks. Not trying to get heavy, but remember it is a game and whether it is a kid from public education or private education, lets appreciate what they do in life more that what they do on the basketball court. The All A is about appreciating the young men and women, who give it their all.
  13. The winners are all the kids, both private and public, period.
  14. Sad to report that they will not be getting their starting center from last year back this year. He has found out that he will require another surgery to repair his tendon. Thus closing out his senior season without playing a game. He requested and is going to be allowed to dress out for this game, but physically can not play, as this may be the only game this year that he will have been able to wear his uniform for a game. So if you see number 33, you might give him a bit of encouragement, though he is at peace with the decision to have the second surgery and knowing his senior season will officially be over after this weekend without ever getting started this year, a word of encouragement never hurts.
  15. 11th Region won by Lexington Christian Academy
  16. I understand fully what your saying, and I would never make anyone choose, I guess I am looking at it more like a business decision, take the route of less resistance. And yes injuries can happen anywhere, my son tore his knee up just jumping up to catch a basketball with no one around him. I also know a kid like Carlos Paris, has one of the best jump shot I have ever seen, is now out with torn ACL, and I do not know what his option are going to be for college basketball. For us, it's just on to college, changes nothing, but would hate to see a kid loose a chance at college over a freak accident in practice.
  17. I have often wondered about athletes, that have earned a collegiate scholarship, especially a D1, in one sport, and then continue to participate in another sport. Fields at Frankfort comes to mind, or Aaron Boyd of Henry Clay (who WILL sign soon), just to name a couple off the top of my head, that are getting D1 scholarships in football but continue to play basketball. Now my thought is NOT that they shouldn't, but I wonder what pressure they get to not participate to avoid the risk of injury. I know here in Lexington of at least 3 players on different teams, that have been lost either all season, or at critical parts of the season due to basketball injuries. If my son had received a scholarship to play at a D1 school, I would really encourage to stick to just that sport.
  18. I will have to pick Mason County in this ball game. Last word I heard on the news was that the coaches hoped Victor Moses would make it back by districts.
  19. My congratulations to Rose Hill, I wish them the best of luck throughout the remainging portion of the All A region.
  20. As I posted on another thread, as an LCA parent I want to thank the Montgomery Co. fans for being such good hosts. Congratulations.
  21. Can someone confirm if Carlos Paris of the Tates Creek basketball injured his knee tonight? My son played AAU basketball with him in the past, and he himself suffered a similiar knee injury prior to the start of the season, and we would like to contact him to give him our support if he indeed did injure himself.
  22. In all seriousness, remember I have explained before, the paper was wrong, the writer added incidents up as individuals, coach rains mentioned that in his letter above. He added 2 incidents + 5 incidents + 5 incidents + 4 incidents (each incident referring to a different year) to arive at 16 individuals (incorrectly) but lets not rehash all this again, the other thread did that. This may be why the article was pulled from the Herald Leader website, but that is purely speculation on my part, as there were errors in the article.
  23. Only seven individuals were athletes
  24. Does anyone know if Montgomery County broadcast their games? If so what station? I can not make the trip tonight, but I think the game will be a good match up and would like to listen, rather than get cell phone updates.....:lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.