Everything posted by mgym
-
Where is Justin Hicks of Hazard going?
waiting for D1, I don't think so. He has had offers from D2 and D3 but has found the fit that he likes best. He will be an assest to the school that he has chosen.
-
Where is Justin Hicks of Hazard going?
FYI Scarface: Hicks doesn't think he is too good to play at Alice Lloyd. He is happy just to get to play on a team for another 4 years. He loves basketball and has never thought is was "too good" for anything. If you knew him personally, you would know that he is quite humble.
-
Walls to Marshall
Congrats Matt!
-
Where is Justin Hicks of Hazard going?
The 34% came from deep. I didn't say Hicks was a D1 player but the kid can play and shoot despite his height. I am trying to give him a little credit for his hard work in high school and I am sure a small college will be glad to have him. He was poy in the 14th for 2 cons. yrs. and the leading all time scorer for the wymt tournament that spans over 20 yrs. which included players like Richie Farmer. That is not too shabby for a small eastern ky. guard.
-
Where is Justin Hicks of Hazard going?
I also forgot to mention his shooting range. Most of his 3's are made from around 30 ft give or take a couple of inches. He is very accurate from deep.
-
Where is Justin Hicks of Hazard going?
I think these are his year end stats: high score 36, field goal % 51, free throw% 85, assists 4, rebounds 4, and steals 2. I think that puts his stats up there among the top 10-20 players in the state. He averaged 3.6 3 pointers per game and he played with more heart than most, not to mention his knowledge of the game and floor leadership. Hazard wouldn't have beat Madison Central or Lafayette without him. His height is his disadvantage. As far as Alice Lloyd he won't play there, but you may see him at Pikeville or Trans next year.
-
KY All-Star tryouts?
I would like to wish Mr. Jones a speedy and full recovery from surgery. I would like to wish all the participants good luck on making the team. They worked hard and it was a honor for the invite. I also have to say that each one that I saw represented the state, their schools, and their families well.
-
KY All-Star tryouts?
I don't recall seeing Jeremy Anderson there but yes Davin Anderson was. In fact, the team that he, Matt Walls, Justin Hicks, and Austin Hill played on never lost a game during the first 2 sessions.
-
KY All-Star tryouts?
Anderson and Brooks did not show up for try outs
-
Hazard 11 Lee Co. 0
congrats to Hazard 2007 14th region all A baseball champs!!
-
Signee's In the 14th Region
PCC's John Couch will go D1 or D2
-
Best Pitchers in the 14th
Hicks is back playing for Hazard this year, add him to the rights
-
Warren Central 71 June Buchanan 53
I do not support Knott Co Central. I have observed the attitude of Alice Lloyd College as in ad campaigns to Wymt tv and Wsgs radio to know that the Stepp name is favored and even honored, non-deservingly in eastern ky. People that attempt to belittle and critize other players on other teams in order to excel themselves deserve no support from eastern ky fans. The Stepps of this generation are not basketball heros nor Gods but decent players to say the least.
-
14th Region Coach and player of the year
The senior regions player of the year allstar game will be played at Transi Saturday about 4 pm
-
Warren Central 71 June Buchanan 53
I wouldn't support JBS if my life depended on it! Congrats to Warren and esp to M. Hudson. I have seen him play AAU without his team and his is exceptional.
-
14th Region Coach and player of the year
Gilbert was senior poy last year, Hicks was coachs association poy. The 14th region gives one award to senior poy only.
-
Kane Belcher commits to Pikeville
Congrats Kane
-
June Buchanan 51 Hazard 46
personally, I thought Hicks was the best player on the floor tonight. It is sad that Hazard didn't pull out the W for well deserving senior to make it to Rupp.
-
Hazard 78 Buckhorn 68
Congrats Hazard!! Acutally Congrats to both teams on a well played district final game and good luck in the regionals. Remember that these are the days that you will remember for the rest of you lives, so make them count!
-
Player of the year in the 14th region
Hicks
-
June Buchanan 58 Jenkins 56
Congrats to Puckett on a well played game. One note to JBS opponents, deny Stepp the drive to the basket.
-
Hazard 51 Leslie 43
Hicks had 20pts and hit some key free throws in the end. He used his basketball knowledge on the floor and played with heart and hustle as always but Hazard is a team and it takes all 5 players on the floor to come up wth the win. The dawgs need to stay focused.
-
Hazard 51 JBS 35
Very good analysis LeeCoBobcatFan and I agree with every word in your post.
-
Hazard 51 JBS 35
Terrific defense by the Dawgs. Best of luck in Richmond!
-
Hazard 56 Shelby Valley 48
Congrats to Hazard for the W on a hard fought game! Congrats for never giving in or giving up no matter how ugly the game got.