Everything posted by 3ptshooter
-
Matt Long-Beechwood
Very unfortunate resignation for the Beechwood Volleyball program. Matt held a mtg last night to inform the players/parents and admin that he was stepping down. Looks like they lose another very loyal person at Beecwhood, who will be next?
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
So, what is going on now? What did the board decide at the last mtg or did it get put on the shelf for another month?
-
NATA wants Athletic Health Care in HS
Free, meaning, the schools do not pay the establishments the ATC works for to provide medical coverage. The ATC's get paid from who they work for, not by the schools themselves. Some, but very few, still pay a very small stipend to the company compared to what the ATC makes and considering the long hrs put in versus working clinic. In NKY, every home and away V football game, each team is covered by their own Certified Athletic Trainer. All soccer home games are covered by the home teams ATC as well as basketball, volleyball, freshman/JV football home games. A few schools have a trainer on duty at baseball/softball games but very few. Strike, you can not have a student trainer cover an event unless an ATC is supervise said student. A PT can not even cover a sporting event unless they are an ATC also, at least in this state according to the by-laws but it happens all the time.
-
NATA wants Athletic Health Care in HS
Many many yrs ago, the state was going to make this mandatory that every H.S. have a paid(school employee)ATC on site everyday. Unfortunately, the reform act hit and money was lost to help pay for this service. Now, most schools, at least in NKY are covered by Sports Medicine Clinics or Outpatient Physical Therapy Company's for FREE! The dog eat dog battle of who will cover who has ruined the medical field for Certified Athletic Trainers. Since the service is being provided for nothing the schools no longer have to hire an ATC to cover their athletic events.
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
True, if she is eligible to play. Gatorfan, I am curious to know why people should let this topic go.
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
I spoke directly to a Boone employee about this yesterday. Their reply was she had heard of this happening but all those kids in question attended BOONE CO H.S. ONLY. I do know for a fact that no school in the Boone system accepts tuition under any circumstances and a para-professional does not constitute being an employee of the school. W/all this said, bottom line, the family in question should have to move in order to be eligible to play at Ryle since she technically lives in the WV district. This will be interesting to follow as it gets closer to school starting.:thumb:
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
They live in WV school dist, why do you think she attended WV in the first place? As for someone saying playing out of district, yes, but the school they are playing for accepts tuition students. In this situation, Ryle(the entire Boone School System) does not accept any tuition students. Simple explanation, they have to move! The KHSAA does not have anything to do w/this unless Ryle does accept tuition for this student. Also, if Boone as a school district has changed their policy's, which I doubt, then she could play and pay tuition. Tuition is not accepted by any Boone school.
-
Kids World Golf Championship
I will try this again, Chad Bowling does not live in NKY. He lives in Ft Meyers, FL. He only plays in the US KIDS GOLF tournaments, usually.
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
Very, very rare and since it involves an athlete and being eligible, not going to happen. My question then is a para-professional coach included as a so-called "employee?" I don't think it does but I have been wrong before. I still think in this situation, the family must move into the school dist in order to be eligible to play since they do not accept tuition and she is out of the dist.
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
Boone Co rule?? I am confused. Bottom line is that the family must live in the Ryle School Dist to attend that school. It doesn't matter what the KHSAA says. If she lives in WV dist, that is where she has to go. Ryle does not accept tuition students. If they live on the so-called border, what school dist does she actually live in then? Obviously, it is the WV Dist since that is where she has been going. KHSAA rule or Boone rule, she still must live in the Ryle Dist to attend Ryle no matter how you look at it.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
Believe me, the entire school knew of the situation w/the numbers game. They, soccer, just did not produce those numbers to convince me and others that soccer will flourish at BHS. You can not play the game of soccer w/12-14 kids, it won't work, injuries, kids quitting, it won't work. W/that said, I still think the board will vote it in, just my opinion. I look at it this way, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken :sssh:! The kids might be good for their age but not good to compete w/older kids, not to mention dangerous!
-
Kids World Golf Championship
Re-read my post, I think you are a little confused about what I said if you are referring to Bowling. He is PLAYING in his third straight world tournament. He does not play out of KY he plays out of Florida.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
Absolutely correct but how do you establish a HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM W/ELEMENTARY PLAYERS?
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
So, did the Cheesman family move or not??
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
Are there any other NKY schools who have elementary school soccer?? I don't know of any so to answer your question NO, IMO. This has been one of the complaints for the components agaisnt soccer, it is all elementary interest and they should not be dictating what is happening in the H.S. I understand they will be in H.S. sooner or later but until then, sorry, no soccer. As gunner sd, not enough numbers to get things going. The majority of the good players will go to NDA when it comes down to it anyway or maybe even St Henry.
-
West 41 East 10
Guru, how did the NKY kids do? The DE metioned, was it the kid from X or did they play the Beechwood kid, Davis there?
-
Kids World Golf Championship
I have been told that former star athlete at Beechwood, Chris Bowling, has a very talented 10 y.o. son. He will be competing for the third yr in a row at the Kids World Golf Championship held at Pine Hurst, NC. Also, I know Coach McDonald's son has competed in this Championship in the past. Will he be going this yr, anyone know?
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
I wonder where all the little girls went to that showed up wearing their BHS soccer shirts at the mtg held in the commons? There were at least 25 of them and out of those 25 I saw maybe 2 upper classwomen.
-
Boone's Bradley Commits to SLU
Congrats Jacy, all the hard work paid off. POY, IMO, will be between three very talented guards, Bradley, Jackson and Long.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
True # was 12-14 consistantly showed up and a couple of them will not play during the school yr according to above post by BHSfan. Even if they have 16, that to me is still not enough to field a JV team.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
The problem is that the people involved(committee) have never been an athlete and have no idea what it takes to play a sport let alone compete in a sport. They are all afraid of a lawsuit that was threatened by the Elementary parents. The committee had stipulations and the stipulations were not met, end of coversation, no soccer. However, the committee was scared and voted it in. If I understand right, the board meets Mon night for the final YES vote which will happen, IMO. BHSfan, what does the school have to be afraid of, they have done nothing wrong. As a matter of fact, I think the school in general hase bent over backwards for this to be successful. It is the soccer people who have failed to produce players. The board will vote YES, not because of the lawsuit but because of the "Athletic Foundation!" Money, money and more money w/the rich soccer kids.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
Exactly, and there is always the possibilities of girls quiting. I don't see how the board can agree to this but I have been told thru the grapevines that the board has been advised to vote this in. We will see on Mon night.
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
Three yrs ago they did not accept tuition students and I don't think things have changed. Being a para-professional does not have any perks as far as allowing your child to attend that school. As far as I know, they have to make a bonafide move for her to attend school at Ryle.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
Only thing I know in regards to this is there is one freshman to be that has been showing up for both. I would dig deeper and try to answer your question. Bottom line is that the main stipulation was not met yet they still voted it in, WHY?
-
Walton-Verona 2008-09
If they do not live in Ryle school district, they would have to move. The Boone County School System does not accept tuition kids, or they use to not accept tuition kids. So, if she is playing w/Ryle, the family has to move. I don't think it matters if her dad is a coach there or not, this is not a full time position. I would hope her parents looked into this before making a final decision.