Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SouthernSportsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan

  1. Where is the possibility for some upsets of highly ranked teams (or highly thought of teams) that may fail to make it out of their district?
  2. Maybe South is not as good as some seem to advertise. I know how good Rockcastle is. South Laurel should be able to beat them 7 out of 10 times, even at the Rock. Maybe South Laurel is not what I expected.
  3. I disagree slightly. I think this is moderately surprising. South Laurel is a top five team in the 13th. Rockcastle is not a top five team in the 12th. However, Rockcastle is tough at home, no matter the opponent. Consequently, they aren't as good as South Laurel, even without Gilbert. On a neutral court or in London, South Laurel wins this by double digits.
  4. I think there have been a few schools in contact with him: Morehead, Eastern. Alabama and Ole Miss have expressed interest. Akron and a few other northern schools as well.
  5. Correct, he was nominated for the McDonald's All-American team. Likewise, a great career for Mr. Watts. He finally got over that district hump and won the district last season. A region title is the way to go out. Congratulations again.
  6. (1) McCreary Central (22-6) vs. ----- Monday, Feb. 22nd. 8:00pm (4) Monticello (5-23) (2) Southwestern (15-11) vs. ----- Tuesday, Feb. 23rd. 8:00pm (3) Wayne County (18-10) Notes: - McCreary won the district last season for the first time since 1990 - Second time in three seasons McCreary is #1 seed. - One seed hasn't won since 2007 Tournament (Southwestern) - Since realignment, this will be the fifth tournament. Southwestern has two titles; McCreary and Wayne each have one. - McCreary is 11-0 against Monticello since 2005/2006. - Southwestern has made the region tournament three out of four years. - Wayne has made region tournament three out of four years. - McCreary has made region tournament two out of four years. McCreary is 5-0 in district play.* Wayne is 2-3 in district play.* Southwestern is 4-2 in district play. Monticello is 0-6 in district play. There doesn't look to be a make-up game for the game that was supposed to be rescheduled.
  7. It's going to be tough for Lincoln to beat Danville three times...
  8. So McCreary beats #19, #20, and #23... but no McCreary.
  9. Mann didn't seem to even touch the ball in the first half against Central. They attempted to use him more in the third quarter. He got a few buckets before the defense clamped down on him.
  10. The McCreary student section (self-made) was in front of the crew from Corbin. I kept an eye on them for most of the game. They were cheering and whatnot and Corbin started making a run and outscored the Raiders by about eight to make it a two point game and the older women got up and started screaming and cheering, but directing it towards the fan section basically for a "here, we can do that too." Raiders made their run and the student section continued to stand. This was the point when the Raiders were pulling away and the fans were all loud, and for some reason, the man just grabbed his drink and tossed it at the students and turned his head as soon as it happened (like a 'that wasn't me').
  11. It was an older man, probably around fifty. He was sitting with a group of much older women. He was darker complected, like a tan...
  12. Another thing - Les was that you throwing your beverage at the McCreary student section? Honestly, I know it wasn't. But that was a very unnecessary thing to do and completely uncalled for.
  13. They did probably shoot too many threes, especially when a high percentage weren't falling.
  14. Were those 13th Region officials? I'm saying that for two reasons: they aren't 12th Region and I have never seen them; they were going to keep Johnson and Corbin in that game in way they could. Madison Johnson should have been out of that game early in the third. They obviously do not know what an over-the-back foul is. Either way, Watts and Co. held on. They had some unforced turnovers that almost cost them the game with just miscommunication.
  15. Corbin Redhounds (19-2) travel to Stearns to take on the Raiders of McCreary Central (18-6). The Raiders last three losses came against Lexington Catholic (2) and Scott County, KY. How will the showdown go? 12th vs. 13th
  16. I am just going by what I read in this thread and what I heard. A win is a win. If you won the game, you deserved too. I'm happy with the win and will continue to cheer for the Raiders. I simply cannot wait for Tuesday night. Go McCreary!
  17. I never said you had to score a certain amount of points to "win." Of course, you have to score more than your opponent and McCreary did. I am the biggest McCreary fan you'll find so there is no point of trying to make it seem like I am against them. With that said, the last few seconds were questionable. Would Anderson hit their fouls shots if they were indeed fouled and sent to the line? I do not know. Point being, McCreary won - game over.
  18. Lowest score of the season, by a big margin. With that said, I did not attend this game but I did hear from a few people that McCreary probably didn't deserve to win this one, whether it was their play, the officiating, or a combination of both. Either way, they did and they continue to move forward.
  19. A 13-point deficit is the same margin from the last game earlier this season. However, McCreary started the 4th down 46-40. The Raiders can't hardly hang for the entire 32 minutes.
  20. No, I am not one of your teachers. :confused: Hopefully the Raiders can light it up from outside in this final frame.
  21. I think it was something similar at the half last time.
  22. I haven't made many games this season with my work schedule. However, I am going to make it out to Williams Gym for that one. McCreary seems to be the best team this season. In years past, there was McCreary and Lincoln or McCreary and West Jessamine. Sure, WJ or anyone else can still win, but McCreary has been looking the best. Hopefully, they will when it gets down to the important time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.