Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCreary Central 36 Anderson County 35

Featured Replies

Lowest score of the season, by a big margin.

 

With that said, I did not attend this game but I did hear from a few people that McCreary probably didn't deserve to win this one, whether it was their play, the officiating, or a combination of both.

 

Either way, they did and they continue to move forward.

The officiating had nothing to do with this win. Both teams played hard and Anderson Co. was able to dictate the pace of the game with their slow down offense and excellent defense. Do you not deserve to win just because you do not score above a certain amount of points? Anderson Co. is a very good team and it was a good win and a deserved win by the Raiders.

I first want to say both teams are good and both teams played well. The tempo was dictated by Anderson no doubt. But to say the officiating didn't determine the outcome is not the truth. This game was well officiated until the 1:00 minute mark of the 4th. Anderson had ball in a tie game, they ran the clock down from 1:20 to 25 seconds. They were starting to call their set play for the last shot when a phantom carry call was made. Anderson had ran the clock down going for the win when the call was made. Then MC gets ball and Anderson does foul them. MC hit the 1st foul shot and then missed 2nd on purpose which led to AC calling a timeout. Anderson appeared to be fouled on the rebound but the refs met and said the timeout happened prior to the foul. There was 1.3 on the clock when the foul shots happened and the .5 at timeout. Anderson argued if there was no foul they should have at least 1.0.

 

This was a well played game and fun to watch. Both teams are solid teams. But the carry call was mysterious to say the least.

  • Author
I first want to say both teams are good and both teams played well. The tempo was dictated by Anderson no doubt. But to say the officiating didn't determine the outcome is not the truth. This game was well officiated until the 1:00 minute mark of the 4th. Anderson had ball in a tie game, they ran the clock down from 1:20 to 25 seconds. They were starting to call their set play for the last shot when a phantom carry call was made. Anderson had ran the clock down going for the win when the call was made. Then MC gets ball and Anderson does foul them. MC hit the 1st foul shot and then missed 2nd on purpose which led to AC calling a timeout. Anderson appeared to be fouled on the rebound but the refs met and said the timeout happened prior to the foul. There was 1.3 on the clock when the foul shots happened and the .5 at timeout. Anderson argued if there was no foul they should have at least 1.0.

 

This was a well played game and fun to watch. Both teams are solid teams. But the carry call was mysterious to say the least.

 

The kid put the ball on his hip it was a carry or a walk. :walk:

I agree with Banker. It was definitely a carry. He put the ball on his hip, it was very clear that he did put the ball on his hip and it was the correct call. It does not matter at what point of the game it happens it was a good call. The officials were average but it in no way decided the outcome of the game. There was no foul on the play at the end when timout was called. Anderson called timeout and did not get a shot off to end the game.

The officiating had nothing to do with this win. Both teams played hard and Anderson Co. was able to dictate the pace of the game with their slow down offense and excellent defense. Do you not deserve to win just because you do not score above a certain amount of points? Anderson Co. is a very good team and it was a good win and a deserved win by the Raiders.

 

I never said you had to score a certain amount of points to "win." Of course, you have to score more than your opponent and McCreary did. I am the biggest McCreary fan you'll find so there is no point of trying to make it seem like I am against them.

 

With that said, the last few seconds were questionable. Would Anderson hit their fouls shots if they were indeed fouled and sent to the line? I do not know. Point being, McCreary won - game over.

  • Author
I never said you had to score a certain amount of points to "win." Of course, you have to score more than your opponent and McCreary did. I am the biggest McCreary fan you'll find so there is no point of trying to make it seem like I am against them.

 

With that said, the last few seconds were questionable. Would Anderson hit their fouls shots if they were indeed fouled and sent to the line? I do not know. Point being, McCreary won - game over.

 

If you wasn't there how would know its questionable? There wasn't a foul so there no what if.

 

Raiders win 18-6

Lowest score of the season, by a big margin.

 

With that said, I did not attend this game but I did hear from a few people that McCreary probably didn't deserve to win this one, whether it was their play, the officiating, or a combination of both.

 

Either way, they did and they continue to move forward.

 

I was not referring to you saying that they did not deserve to win but the few people that told you they did not deserve to win. Meant no slight to you as a Raider fan. It was an ugly game but that is the only way Anderson could keep the game managelable to put themselves in a place to win, they are well coached and athletic just seemed to have a tough time shooting.

Edited by mchsraiders
spelling

I was not referring to you saying that they did not deserve to win but the few people that told you they did not deserve to win. Meant no slight to you as a Raider fan. It was an ugly game but that is the only way Anderson could keep the game managelable to put themselves in a place to win, they are well coached and athletic just seemed to have a tough time shooting.

 

I agree with you, that was not a pretty game. I sat on the opposing side and a fan of theirs turned to another and said, "Looks like McCreary can play small ball too." Anderson does not seem to have strength in shooting but they challenged the Raiders inside and did very well in doing that.

From the argument on the last play of the game I didnt see the issue. When Wright missed the 2nd free throw Anderson jumped for the ball. Watts was standing there but another Anderson player bumped into his own guy causing him to fall down. During that time the clock started (which had a little over a second left) and the coach called the TO with 0.05. They wanted the foul on Watts but I didnt see it and thought the time was accurate. I think it was the right calls and a good win for the Raiders. Anderson is very good and a rematch would be tough.

I am just going by what I read in this thread and what I heard.

 

A win is a win. If you won the game, you deserved too.

 

I'm happy with the win and will continue to cheer for the Raiders. I simply cannot wait for Tuesday night.

 

Go McCreary!

I would agree on the last play. I don't think the Anderson player was fouled on the miss free throw. But if your trying to tell me the kid from Anderson carried the ball you had to have on Raider glasses.

Raiders have a nice club, but fact is they struggled scoring against Anderson. I would also agree Anderson has trouble shooting the ball. These 2 teams could make it to the state tournament but honestly both teams have a weaknesses. Anderson is good inside and MC is good on the outside.

I would agree on the last play. I don't think the Anderson player was fouled on the miss free throw. But if your trying to tell me the kid from Anderson carried the ball you had to have on Raider glasses.

Raiders have a nice club, but fact is they struggled scoring against Anderson. I would also agree Anderson has trouble shooting the ball. These 2 teams could make it to the state tournament but honestly both teams have a weaknesses. Anderson is good inside and MC is good on the outside.

 

I could not agree with you more. :thumb:

I would agree on the last play. I don't think the Anderson player was fouled on the miss free throw. But if your trying to tell me the kid from Anderson carried the ball you had to have on Raider glasses.

Raiders have a nice club, but fact is they struggled scoring against Anderson. I would also agree Anderson has trouble shooting the ball. These 2 teams could make it to the state tournament but honestly both teams have a weaknesses. Anderson is good inside and MC is good on the outside.

I guess I do have Raider tinted glasses, but I still think he did carry the ball (especially since it gave the ball back to the Raiders). The raiders had not struggled that bad to score this season. The pace had them very frustrated, this is totally attributed to Andrsons defense and gameplan. They are very well coached. Good luck the rest of the year Papa Pigskin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.