Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan
-
Southwestern 64 Wayne County 44
Wow. Is this considered a district game or is this part of a tournament? If a district game, a huge start for Southwestern.
-
McCreary Central/West Jessamine Predictions 12/11
I'm not saying the Raiders are dinged up, but they're not in basketball shape and probably won't be for a few more weeks. Additionally, the Raiders two best players - Watts and Roark - played football. Did Polson? I don't know. Either way, should be a dandy.
-
Lincoln County 74 Wayne County 64
Have they played a big game this season? They beat Southwestern, when you expected them to lose in the first round last season. But I will not get that through to you. So I'd rather just stop talking about it.
-
McCreary Central/West Jessamine Predictions 12/11
The Raiders (1-2) travel to West Jessamine to face the defending region champion Colts (0-1). The Raiders beat the Colts last season at home by four, but West Jessamine returned the favor in the region championship, knocking off the Raiders by four. This season, most pundits chose the Raiders and Colts to be fighting for the crown once again. Who you got? I think the Raiders know this is a chance to make a statement early in the season. Although Watts and Roark are not in basketball shape (still converting from football), I think they make a statement. The shots fall for the Maroon and Gold. Raiders 66-54
-
McCreary Central 75 Pulaski County 48
The Raiders finally get into the win column by going to Somerset and thrashing the Maroons. Watts led the Raiders with 25, who had 8 players in the scoring column. Roark put in 18. Goins and Johnson led Pulaski with 14 and 11 respectively.
-
Lincoln County 74 Wayne County 64
You change your tune every year. When they roll through the regular season, you say they arne't performing in the post season. And when they perform in the post season (last season), you say they can't do it the next season. This is the same team, minus one player. Why don't you see it happening? You had them winning the region last season.
-
Lincoln County 74 Wayne County 64
Where was your team last season? Oh yeah, losing to McCreary in the region tournament on their home floor...
-
Lincoln County 74 Wayne County 64
Russell beats Lincoln bad at Lincoln. Mercer beats McCreary at home. Wayne beats Mercer at home. Lincoln beats Wayne at Wayne. I do not think you can pick a team for this region - yet.
-
McCreary Central
Ok. You've really made my decision easier. I'm not going to argue with you about this subject because...
-
McCreary Central
Did they underachieve last season?
-
Knott County Central 65 McCreary Central 58
Wrong.
-
McCreary Central
What is your problem with McCreary? Why couldn't they beat Wayne, West, and Southwestern, when they beat them all last season and return 4 of their 5 starters. McCreary won't have that pretty 25-28 win total, but I'd be willing to bet that they'll go farther in the tournament thatn Wayne, Lincoln, and Southwestern. They struggled with Mercer last year, and we saw how that turned out. Mercer didn't even make the region tournament. I'll take my chances.
-
McCreary Central
They have the usual nearby teams. But they also have a team from Miami coming in that has three D1 players, and just graduated one to the CUSA last season. They'll probably be in the opposite bracket, facing McCreary for the title. McCreary will not stand a chance in that game.
-
George Rogers Clark/Madison Central Predictions
Clark County ... very big. 79-55
-
Knott County Central 65 McCreary Central 58
I heard that McCreary missed plenty of easy ones... Playing a good team like this will only help McCreary. They struggled to start last season, and it looks like the same this year. I would like to see a rematch down the road.
-
McCreary Central
They may enter the post season just about .500, but after playing the top team in the 13th, 14th, and the top two teams in the 11th, there will be nothing that they haven't seen and no team in the 12th will be as good as those teams they have faced. This will help them in the end. I'd say that McCreary will probably win most of their 12th Region Games, but their overall record won't be as pretty.
-
Knott County Central 65 McCreary Central 58
Watts with 30 for McCreary. Stamper had 27 for Knott. Knott led by ten at the half after a big second quarter.
-
Knott County Central 65 McCreary Central 58
That's right. The record isn't pretty, but hopefully they're improving. I don't know what type of team Knott is. Knott was 22-9 last season, with a two point loss in OT in the regions.
-
Knott County Central 65 McCreary Central 58
Does anyone know what happened in this game yesterday at the Battle of the Bluegrass?
-
Boone County 57 W. Jessamine 51 OT
What type of team is Boone County? West Jessamine is implementing a new coach, so I don't know how to judge this.
-
4A Final: Boyle County 42 Lone Oak 39 2OT
Did Boyle County lose out by not getting Guy Morris? I don't think so. French is one of the best in the state.
-
3A Final: Paducah Tilghman/Somerset Predictions
I think Somerset wins this one, but it's close. 24-23
-
Corbin 65 Bell County 46
I can't wait for the McCreary/Corbin game. Should be a dandy. Nice win for the RedHounds.
-
Lincoln County 59 Rockcastle County 41
How is Lincoln looking this year? Better or worse than last season?
-
Lincoln County 59 Rockcastle County 41
Nice bounce back after what happened against Russell County...